The thought of losing Rashford

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by simplyared, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Jun 8, 2019

Class of 63 Full Member

If Rashford leaves his best bud Lingard will probably want out as well. Who in their right mind would want that?
  2. Jun 8, 2019

simplyared Full Member

Rooney was a one-off at the age of 16. He was built and had the strength of a 21 year old.
  3. Jun 8, 2019

harms Shining Star of Paektu Mountain Staff

I think he’s replaceable, but we have enough rebuilding on our plate already. Plus it would hurt to lose one academy graduate that can actually become a mainstay in our side for years (Pogba aside).

Didn’t know that he has only 1 year left on his contract. We’re a mess.
  4. Jun 8, 2019

Raoul Admin Staff

I'm sure other clubs would be interested, so I don't immediately discount the various rumor tweets.
  5. Jun 8, 2019

Dwazza Gunnar Solskjær Lutefisk is it!

Supports:
    Moanchester United
    I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that.

In making offers the club will be looking at performance, league position, European qualification, etc., and offering current players what they feel is deserved based on that.

The players will be looking at how much the club makes and what others are paid and demanding more than they are worth because United is a big club with loadsamoney.
  6. Jun 8, 2019

goin4glory New Member

If he cares so much about the club why is he demanding 300k a week or move to Barca?

The only defence of Rashford is people projecting about the player he might become in 4 or 5 years. If he develops into the player you think he will then I'll have no problem giving him 200k+. But fans are sick of rank mediocrity getting rewarded with monster contracts and then not delivering. We have the 2nd highest wage bill in all of world football but finish 6th in the premier league, it's a disgrace.
  7. Jun 8, 2019

King.of.Red New Member

I don't really care. Happy to have him in our team, but won't be sad if he leaves the team.
  8. Jun 8, 2019

KM I’m afraid I just blue myself Staff

Both Graham Hunter and Andy Mitten(plus persistent rumors in literally every newspaper including English and Spanish newspapers) that Barcelona want Rashford.

Just because you people don't think he's good enough for Barcelona or will be good enough for Barcelona in future doesn't mean the media links to him are false.
  9. Jun 8, 2019

arthurka Full Member

With Suárez aging I can see this happening, he will offer just that.
  10. Jun 8, 2019

Sandikan aka sex on the beach

Hopefully rashford will be better at 26 and above though
  11. Jun 8, 2019

We do love to put our own down. And i dare say a lot would be surprised at how highly he's rated elsewhere.
  12. Jun 8, 2019

Yep it is a bit worrying that we seem to think of him as the main striker now.
    As limited as Lukaku is you knew he'd score plenty with the right chances. It's less certain with rashy.

I think him and martial should both be options rather than definite starters for a top team.
  13. Jun 8, 2019

Oh absolutely. It's a myth that academy players are overrated on here.
  14. Jun 8, 2019

It's one plus one. We have the option to extend it to 2021.
  15. Jun 8, 2019

Walters_19_MuFc Full Member

The fact that Barcelona, and other top clubs in Europe want him, says it all really. Is he the finished article? No. Far from it! He has to improve but I get the feeling that Rashford is desperate to improve and I for one hope Ole gives him a chance to do so.
  16. Jun 8, 2019

bleedred Full Member

It will be just like when we sold welbeck and people lost their heads for a couple weeks. Once he started playing for Arsenal, they joined in the laughter with everyone else!
  17. Jun 8, 2019

red_de_pologne New Member

what the..
  18. Jun 8, 2019

The state of this post.

RashBonglahor? Christ.
  19. Jun 8, 2019

UNITED ACADEMY Full Member

Barcelona will need to offer minimum £100m for our board to have a think about it even if he only has 1 year left because he’s part of the manager’s plan being the first choice striker and it’s not like he said or indicated that he wants to leave. I think Rashford will stay since he’s through all through United, the club will offer him new contract in October or November. The issue is how much he will ask for his salary, we all know our players nowadays are taking advantage of how bizarre our board is in negotiating contract especially with the player only less than a year left in their contract.
  20. Jun 8, 2019

Kemizee Full Member

Transfer rumors and basically not going to happen. What business has Rashford with a team like Barca? Where exactly is he gonna play?

He is going nowhere. His agent has stirred this up. He is an 'okay' player who should have a squad role and develop appropriately but to think that this guy is our No. 10 shows the extent to which our club have fallen.
  21. Jun 8, 2019

WR10 Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Herrera and rashford out and a James in. Well done
  22. Jun 8, 2019

Florida Man Cartoon expert and crap superhero

Thread title reads like it's coming from his girlfriend.
  23. Jun 8, 2019

caid Full Member

No one is going to get within a million miles of the wages hes looking for. I'd say its a safe bet no one is going to get that close to the wages we offered him either. If he wants to move for football reasons then we have 2 years to fix the football side of the club with him on a pretty low wage. Paying him 300k a week really wont help fix the wider team in the slightest so thats the one thing i wouldn't do.
  24. Jun 8, 2019

superdry touched by a genius

He misses most of his free kicks.
  25. Jun 8, 2019

Those days were ridiculous. He'd score one of his small handful a season, and the threads would be awash with what a mistake it was.

32 goals in 5 years for Arsenal later, and I don't think anyone would be brave enough to argue that now.
  26. Jun 8, 2019

Will Singh Full Member

I think he's just getting with the times, spreading rumours to get a mega contract. Back in the days he would have got a slap but with our setup now he'll probably get what he wants as Ole wants to rebuild with young players and Rash fits that profile.
  27. Jun 8, 2019

liamp Full Member

It would be great if this thread and the Youth. Courage. Success thread were permanently next to each other.
  28. Jun 8, 2019

In with the "100m for Rashford, or 90m for Rashford and Lingard" gag
  29. Jun 8, 2019

dove Full Member

How about £50m for Rashford, Lingard, Jones, Young and Alexis? Great deal for us I think.
  30. Jun 8, 2019

InspiRED Full Member

On the contrary Graham Hunter has actually said this about the Barca rumours

"Hunter concluded that the reports were likely spread to either help RashBonglahor in his contract negotiations with the club, or the result of “guesswork."

source:
    https://www.offtheball.com/soccer/cant-see-rashford-going-barcelona-graham-hunter-841841
  31. Jun 8, 2019

RuudTom83 Full Member

I have no real connection to any player in the squad, so every one of them has a price as far as I’m concerned.

I don’t believe Barca are interested, but IF they are and willing to pay a decent fee THEN it would be very interesting to see how he gets on at the Camp Nou.
  32. Jun 8, 2019

Even then Mitten, English media and catalan media has continuously said Barcelona is interested in Rashford. If you read the article that you linked it even says that Hunter thinks that Rashford has the perfect profile for what Barcelona wants.

Also nice banter there with RashBonglahor stuff.
  33. Jun 8, 2019

The Nani New Member

The thought of losing Rashford. :lol:

His signing a huge bumper deal while stinking it up in the #10 shirt should be a far more troublesome thought.
  34. Jun 8, 2019

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

It wouldn't bother me one bit
  35. Jun 8, 2019

Luffy Straw Hat

What huge potential? He's just another Wallcott
  36. Jun 8, 2019

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

That's a good point. Big clubs have always this "surprise" signings in them, players most people think would struggle playing for them.
  37. Jun 8, 2019

FreakyJim Full Member

won't be able to sleep at night
  38. Jun 8, 2019

Luffy Straw Hat

Or maybe due to his age you are cutting him some slack. I would be stunned if he flourished enough to be world class. Your views seem like they were derived from a fantasy land.
  39. Jun 8, 2019

Wilt New Member

Me too.

Rooney, RVP, Valencia and Zlatan were probably the last Utd players I felt any connection with and I wouldn’t be fussed about keeping any of the current squad.

I don’t see Rashford as being crucial to Utd’s future and If we can get a good price for him then great.
  40. Jun 8, 2019

AltiUn likes playing with swords after fantasies

While I don’t think losing him as a footballer would be a big issue it doesn’t send a very good message if our star academy graduate, who’s also a fan of the club, leaves to another team.