The Title Race 2017/18 | Done and dusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs continue to come in under the radar. Another impressive performance from them today.

If it wasn't for the Wembley factor, you'd seriously consider them as true contenders.

Spurs continue to come in under the radar. Another impressive performance from them today.

If it wasn't for the Wembley factor, you'd seriously consider them as true contenders.
But there IS the Wembley factor

They've arguably got the best complete XI in the league at full strength particularly if Alli goes back to last year's goalscoring form.

Another good result for us today. Vital that we keep enhancing that goal difference every time the opportunity arises to do so.
Don’t think GD matter so much. How many times has the league been decided on GD? 2 in living memory?

Don’t think GD matter so much. How many times has the league been decided on GD? 2 in living memory?
It has cost us a league title and CL qualification in the last 6 years. More than enough reason for us maintain a good GD.

Maybe not, but I sure wish we'd thought like this in September 2011, so you never know.

I still think they are contenders but you're right, the Wembley factor won't help them. Imagine if they'd waited a year before redeveloping...

What a player Kane is.

Maybe not, but I sure wish we'd thought like this in September 2011, so you never know.

You mean October 2011, when Fergie should have told the lads to close things down instead of over-chasing just because Fletcher scored a consolation goal.

You mean October 2011, when Fergie should have told the lads to close things down instead of over-chasing just because Fletcher scored a consolation goal.
No I meant September because that's where we are now. But yeah the 6-1 didn't help. Not only did it mean city had 5 goals on us but it led to us grinding out 1-0s to get some confidence back.

He did say that though. He openly criticised the players for chasing the game instead of shutting the game down.

No I meant September because that's where we are now. But yeah the 6-1 didn't help. Not only did it mean city had 5 goals on us but it led to us grinding out 1-0s to get some confidence back.

6-1 was the biggest factor that season.

I mean this was our results from September 2011 in the league.

Bolton 0-5 Man United
Man United 3-1 Chelsea
Stoke 1-1 Man United.

So apart from Stoke, and let's be honest it's Stoke away, we honestly couldn't have done much better.

He did say that though. He openly criticised the players for chasing the game instead of shutting the game down.

Did he? I thought he was criticising himself more than the players and he called it his worst ever day. But could be wrong though.

Chelsea 0:1 Man City
Fecking Chelsea fecking up.

City front runners no doubt about that. Titles are never won in September, but a result at Stamford Bridge and against the game raisers Liverpool is a true statement of intent.
We will challenge, but depends on how well we do in the big game 6 pointers. We are yet to face a team in top 10, so the true test awaits us.

City front runners no doubt about that. Titles are never won in September, but a result at Stamford Bridge and against the game raisers Liverpool is a true statement of intent.
We will challenge, but depends on how well we do in the big game 6 pointers. We are yet to face a team in top 10, so the true test awaits us.
Our next couple of games include two away games at Liverpool/Chelsea and a home game vs Tottenham. If we're in touch after that run of games we'll be the real deal

City look to be favourites, I hope Mourinho's experience in this league will pull us through because City just look unstoppable at the moment. 25 goals and 1 conceded in all competitions in September.

It's bubbling up quite nicely.

I'm prepared to rule out Chelsea after their shameful performance tonight, two games a week takes its toll on their side and there's no bite up front.

It's between City, United and Spurs. I'd make City slight favourites, they don't have a really challenging fixture (on paper) until Arsenal visit on Bonfire night.

City look to be favourites, I hope Mourinho's experience in this league will pull us through because City just look unstoppable at the moment. 25 goals and 1 conceded in all competitions in September.
New Invincibles

I've not seen us manage a game out like that for a long time. Absolutely chuffed with that 3 points. Hopefully Liverpool can do us a favour in a few weeks. A win there is your perfect way to respond.

City's title to lose now. Made the champions look rather ordinary.
Agreed. Our next few games are huge. We didn't do well against the top sides last season. Change that this season and that coupled with our improved results against the lower teams at home should put us in good stead.

City's title to lose now. Made the champions look rather ordinary.

Let the meltdown commence.

Chelsea looked dreadful at home to Arsenal last time out, too. I wouldn't too much into it. Chelsea have dropped eight points at home from four games already. That's appalling from a reigning champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.