The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wolverine

Did anyone watch good ol’ John Campbell’s YouTube video the other day on the Thrombosis issue with AZ? He was saying it could be because potentially injections are missing the muscle and going in to a vein. Something about because it triggers local immune response (as per the manufacturers safety leaflets), if it misses the muscle and goes in to the blood stream, this could be the reason. Apparently he says he’d always recommend when a needle goes in that it’s withdrawn slightly to see if there’s no blood in the syringe first, that way you know you’re in the right place and that vaccine stations are being told not to bother with that.

Anyone with any knowledge on this want to enlighten me on whether he’s making any sense or it’s rubbish? I do find his channel very informative but like anything I take it with a pinch of salt unless it’s backed up.
I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Given that especially these rare clots are reported in younger people. We inject into the deltoid and typically younger people have much better muscle bulk so unlikely regarding getting a vein. There's the cephalic vein near the biceps side but intramuscular shoulder injections are nowhere near there. Incidentally there are cases of potential frozen shoulder like side effects that have been said to have happened in injections into an incorrect shoulder area (i.e. the subacromial space) and some nerve injuries but thankfully extremely rare.

We do the withdrawing procedure mentioned to ensure not hitting a blood vessel but usually for things like iliac fascial block when injecting near the hip region with anaesthetic.

Tony Babangida

Ive been feeling pretty shit for 2 days following my AZ jab. First day had a fever and chills, second day just really fatigued. Also got a weird rash on my side.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Second round of investigations coming from the Greinacher team, broadening their study on AZ, PF4 and thrombocytopenia.

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-404769/v1
Basically telling us not to panic, that the reaction doesn't appear to be due to the spike protein aspect of the vaccine (which all the vaccines use) and that it's worth looking at dose reduction to keep these adenovirus vaccines available (because most of the world is relying on them for vaccination in the next year)

Summarised, along with some other updates, for us non-techies at:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Second round of investigations coming from the Greinacher team, broadening their study on AZ, PF4 and thrombocytopenia.

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-404769/v1
Basically telling us not to panic, that the reaction doesn't appear to be due to the spike protein aspect of the vaccine (which all the vaccines use) and that it's worth looking at dose reduction to keep these adenovirus vaccines available (because most of the world is relying on them for vaccination in the next year)

Summarised, along with some other updates, for us non-techies at:
Cannot stress how great it would be if this turns out to be true.

Brophs

The One and Only
Niche Irish reference but I see Aisling O’Loughlin has gone full “wake up sheeple”.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Had my 2nd pfizer jab yesterday. 28 hours have passed and so far so good. No issues to report.
My son had his first Pfiser jab yesterday. Just feeling very tired today although I think a "few" post vaccination beers may have contributed.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I’m sure he did :D Young pups!
I read up on it a bit and it said not to drink (too much) after the vaccine so last night I took a break.
Enjoying a nice Napa Cabernet atm so it could be interesting tomorrow.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
My son had his first Pfiser jab yesterday. Just feeling very tired today although I think a "few" post vaccination beers may have contributed.
Isn´t drinking not recommended weeks before and after the shot of some of the vaccines?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Isn´t drinking not recommended weeks before and after the shot of some of the vaccines?
I believe that avoiding alcohol just before getting vaccines and not binge drinking straight afterwards is generally recommended. I think the Russian vaccine may have alcohol issues but I don't think the Pfiser one does.

I actually advised him to take it easy but students.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I believe that avoiding alcohol just before getting vaccines and not binge drinking straight afterwards is generally recommended. I think the Russian vaccine may have alcohol issues but I don't think the Pfiser one does.

Yeah, I heard specially Sputnik. But well, as parents advise ever worked on that

RoyH1

Doesn't bode well for the vaccination rollout in Russia then.

Classical Mechanic

Russia is fecked anyway. The have the second highest excess death rate in the world behind Peru. Their government is lying about how many people are dying from Covid significantly. They have a hugely vaccine sceptic population and Putin is more interested in using the Russian vaccine for geopolitical influence than vaccinating the Russian population anyway.

Last edited:

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Everyone under 60 in Italy who is otherwise healthy won't be getting any more vaccines anytime soon, whether they're a teacher, a non-clinical member of staff for the health services, in the army, police, whatever.

The PM here is rather cross about it, as we mentioned earlier on the thread - loads of people (literally millions) have had the vaccine who weren't actually entitled to it, because people have managed to claim they're something they're not - plus corruption down south, the old enemy here. Meanwhile, there are many, many over-80s who are still waiting. 2.4 million people in no apparent category at all have had the vaccine, and 3.1 million in "health services"!

The government made a big mistake in opening bookings for vaccines to younger people simply based on their employment, it seems. You could be a 20-year-old working in office-based hospital admin and have had the vaccine quite legitimately, which is ridiculous.

RoyH1

Everyone under 60 in Italy who is otherwise healthy won't be getting any more vaccines anytime soon, whether they're a teacher, a non-clinical member of staff for the health services, in the army, police, whatever.

The PM here is rather cross about it, as we mentioned earlier on the thread - loads of people (literally millions) have had the vaccine who weren't actually entitled to it, because people have managed to claim they're something they're not - plus corruption down south, the old enemy here. Meanwhile, there are many, many over-80s who are still waiting. 2.4 million people in no apparent category at all have had the vaccine, and 3.1 million in "health services"!

The government made a big mistake in opening bookings for vaccines to younger people simply based on their employment, it seems. You could be a 20-year-old working in office-based hospital admin and have had the vaccine quite legitimately, which is ridiculous.
Considering such a large proportion of the population in Italy is senior citizens, this is terrible.