g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Everyone under 60 in Italy who is otherwise healthy won't be getting any more vaccines anytime soon, whether they're a teacher, a non-clinical member of staff for the health services, in the army, police, whatever.

The PM here is rather cross about it, as we mentioned earlier on the thread - loads of people (literally millions) have had the vaccine who weren't actually entitled to it, because people have managed to claim they're something they're not - plus corruption down south, the old enemy here. Meanwhile, there are many, many over-80s who are still waiting. 2.4 million people in no apparent category at all have had the vaccine, and 3.1 million in "health services"!

The government made a big mistake in opening bookings for vaccines to younger people simply based on their employment, it seems. You could be a 20-year-old working in office-based hospital admin and have had the vaccine quite legitimately, which is ridiculous.
A lot of people in the UK wanted it to go to teachers early too, but the government did the right thing for once and prioritised risk based on the numbers of deaths. If they were going to bump people up the list it should be factory, transport and retail workers on the figures. But who speaks up for factory workers and bus drivers and Tesco staff nowadays?

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
A lot of people in the UK wanted it to go to teachers early too, but the government did the right thing for once and prioritised risk based on the numbers of deaths. If they were going to bump people up the list it should be factory, transport and retail workers on the figures. But who speaks up for factory workers and bus drivers and Tesco staff nowadays?
I absolutely agree with you on the shop staff, in particular. The grocery shops are some of the few shops that have been open all the time, and the checkout staff are at very high risk.

edit - at least when they book you based on age, there's no chance of deception.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I absolutely agree with you on the shop staff, in particular. The grocery shops are some of the few shops that have been open all the time, and the checkout staff are at very high risk.

edit - at least when they book you based on age, there's no chance of deception.
Yeah, I feel bad for grocery staff too. And teachers. But going by age alone is so much easier/quicker to administer. And speed trumps perfection.

RoyH1

Denmark
Yeah, I feel bad for grocery staff too. And teachers. But going by age alone is so much easier/quicker to administer. And speed trumps perfection.
Spot on. In Denmark they went away from a job based model (except frontline health and nursing home staff) to an age model due to all the complications resulting from trying to administer it. Getting called up by age is so much easier to implement and check upon.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think the JCVI got this bang on really. It went directly for deaths and hospitalisations as the priority. It also picked up the ones at high risk of catching the virus who were also highly likely to pass it onto the vulnerable - front-line health and social care.

The spin-off benefit of the age/clinical risk model was that we didn't have to listen to big debates about police v teachers v shopworkers v taxi drivers etc. Obviously it's had its own quirks, mostly around the definitions of clinical risk, but it's been largely uncontroversial and if there's been any abuse of the system it's been on the borderlines (usually around what to do with any unused doses at the end of the day) but not at a high enough rate that it's caused many complaints.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Everyone under 60 in Italy who is otherwise healthy won't be getting any more vaccines anytime soon, whether they're a teacher, a non-clinical member of staff for the health services, in the army, police, whatever.

The PM here is rather cross about it, as we mentioned earlier on the thread - loads of people (literally millions) have had the vaccine who weren't actually entitled to it, because people have managed to claim they're something they're not - plus corruption down south, the old enemy here. Meanwhile, there are many, many over-80s who are still waiting. 2.4 million people in no apparent category at all have had the vaccine, and 3.1 million in "health services"!

The government made a big mistake in opening bookings for vaccines to younger people simply based on their employment, it seems. You could be a 20-year-old working in office-based hospital admin and have had the vaccine quite legitimately, which is ridiculous.
It sounds like the government are trying to pass the blame to people who took advantage of a bad system rather than the people who set up the system.

It sounds like the government are trying to pass the blame to people who took advantage of a bad system rather than the people who set up the system.
The government that set it up is not the one that's in power now. Italy changes PM about once a year. It's crazy.

If the campaign had run as it should have, Italy would now have all healthcare workers, over 70s, and school teachers fully vaccinated and be in a very good place. As it is we are miles off that. It IS the people who are taking the piss out of the system after all, but i would argue it is to be expected in this country. The government should have known better. But lets not forget who are the ones cheating.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The government that set it up is not the one that's in power now. Italy changes PM about once a year. It's crazy.

If the campaign had run as it should have, Italy would now have all healthcare workers, over 70s, and school teachers fully vaccinated and be in a very good place. As it is we are miles off that. It IS the people who are taking the piss out of the system after all, but i would argue it is to be expected in this country. The government should have known better. But lets not forget who are the ones cheating.
The way I see it is, if you give people the opportunity to take advantage of something, they'll do it. I don't know if the same has happened in England but I haven't heard any stories about people gaming the system. I know there's also the problem of corruption and mafia in Italy which is a problem in itself.

I suppose you're right though, the current government are suffering from the lack of foresight from the previous government. If you give people an inch they'll take a mile, so never give people an inch.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Arrived in CA on Friday, checked my doctor this morning, I just booked an appointment to get vaccinated in a few hours time. That was pretty easy.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Arrived in CA on Friday, checked my doctor this morning, I just booked an appointment to get vaccinated in a few hours time. That was pretty easy.
Since April, all age and occupations are eligible. Such a privilege being Californian. I've known some ag workers even being picky on their preference of vaccine (refusing J&J because "it's only 75% efficacy").

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Since April, all age and occupations are eligible. Such a privilege being Californian. I've known some ag workers even being picky on their preference of vaccine (refusing J&J because "it's only 75% efficacy").

I'm gonna take whatever they offer me!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm gonna take whatever they offer me!
Good, man. We have Moderna, Pfeizer, and J&J options.
I have neighbor that won't get vaccinated, and still think it's government effort to control people and limit their "freedom".

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Good, man. We have Moderna, Pfeizer, and J&J options.
I have neighbor that won't get vaccinated, and still think it's government effort to control people and limit their "freedom".

I had a check and it looks like J&J. I'm excited to finally be getting it and moving on with things.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I had a check and it looks like J&J. I'm excited to finally be getting it and moving on with things.
Agreed, mate. My friend is a businessman, and need to travel and meet many people. Months ago, he said he's willing to pay $5k to get any shot, so he could do things again. Some people are just not aware, getting good vaccine for free is a massive privilege.

I'd say, even if they charged $2K to get the vaccine, I'd be willing to pay.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Agreed, mate. My friend is a businessman, and need to travel and meet many people. Months ago, he said he's willing to pay $5k to get any shot, so he could do things again. Some people are just not aware, getting good vaccine for free is a massive privilege.

I'd say, even if they charged $2K to get the vaccine, I'd be willing to pay.
Look at Isotope, able to spend 2 grand without a problem

pablo__p

Jest learned that my parents are finally getting their (Pfizer) shot in about 5 weeks. Feels good, man.
My dad had covid in Nov and it took him over 3 weeks of high fever to get over it. My mom who was looking after him didn't have any symptoms, fortunately.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Had my first one today it was AZ.

Huge queues involved it sounded like they had phoned loads of people in addition to the appointments to get them done.

Was very efficient though once inside.

No symptoms afterward to report as yet fingers crossed.

R'hllor

My friend`s parents noticed first symptomes on Friday, yesterday they tested positive, they took 2nd shot of Sinopharm vakcine in February. Symptomes were mildish, his mom, only throat pain, she also is asthmatic, his dad yesterday had high fiver, today he feels much better, he is taking heart and high blood pressure meds.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Had my first one today it was AZ.

Huge queues involved it sounded like they had phoned loads of people in addition to the appointments to get them done.

Was very efficient though once inside.

No symptoms afterward to report as yet fingers crossed.
Well done.
I have just been invited to book my 2nd and that will be at least 3 weeks before the 12 week time. Had the Oxford AZ and have no concerns at all with having it again.
Although the AZ vaccination has had some bad press, it has undoubtedly saved many many lives.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Sitting in the waiting area after getting Moderna. I'm so happy I could cry. Very easy, no queueing, straight in and done. Back in May for the second dose.

Revan

Assumptionman
My friend`s parents noticed first symptomes on Friday, yesterday they tested positive, they took 2nd shot of Sinopharm vakcine in February. Symptomes were mildish, his mom, only throat pain, she also is asthmatic, his dad yesterday had high fiver, today he feels much better, he is taking heart and high blood pressure meds.
I think this is supposed to be the worst of the vaccines, only 50% or so efficiency. However, as long as it reduces the chances of getting really sick (or dying), it is all good.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Sitting in the waiting area after getting Moderna. I'm so happy I could cry. Very easy, no queueing, straight in and done. Back in May for the second dose.
Take some tylenol and/or ibuprofen 6-12 after the second dose and then repeat as needed. It was a rough 4 hours once mine wore off, but I was able to work most of the day from home after that though. Mostly used the vaccine as an excuse to not do work that wasn't urgent. :lol:

Also welcome to Moderna Gang, with Dolly Parton as our leader.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
How do you feel now, knowing it was Moderna and not J&J?
I feel great.

Take some tylenol and/or ibuprofen 6-12 after the second dose and then repeat as needed. It was a rough 4 hours once mine wore off, but I was able to work most of the day from home after that though. Mostly used the vaccine as an excuse to not do work that wasn't urgent. :lol:

Also welcome to Moderna Gang, with Dolly Parton as our leader.
I just have very mild soreness in the arm. Nothing else

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
My neighbour c. 60 yrs old; he had the 2nd Pfizer jab the same day as me, on Saturday.
He had a fever that began at 24 hrs in and it lasted about 12-15 hours. He's over it now and starting to feel good.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
North Carolina as well. I think it was even before April. In general America has done an incredible job pumping almost 4.5 million vaccines a day

R'hllor

I think this is supposed to be the worst of the vaccines, only 50% or so efficiency. However, as long as it reduces the chances of getting really sick (or dying), it is all good.
Think worst is other Chinese one, called Sinovac. I am not an expert but there should be like 2 different %s, efficiency to not get sick at all and then chance for you to not get fecked hard or even die after getting a vaccine, right?