The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I don't think English is his first language and he's taking funny to mean amused.
I agree with you.
He probably doesn't know that the expression does not mean exactly 'funny'.
Spot on. There is the exact French equivalent but the meaning slightly differs.
I'm no expert and i'm just stating my feelings but i could be very wrong.
Your question mark about pills is perfectly relevant. Some pills are knows for their side effects.

RadoRed

any reports about any side effects of Sputnik?
Its available for sale where I live (Pakistan) and my wife and I are thinking of taking it. Just a little hesitant as I don't see it being widely used elsewhere.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff

Wolverine

Grateful for my second Pfizer jab today, gap of just over 3 months in between but so far doing ok.

Some have died yes, but it’s still unclear if they’re actually caused by the vaccine or would have happened anyway according to the latest bbc article
The BBC's reporting of Covid has turned really quite strange.

The numbers within a subset of the population are above what would normally be expected and need investigating. There would not be so many stoppages and restrictions if there was nothing going on.

They're also leading with the headline today that Italy is going back into a major lockdown as we battle rising cases...wish they'd told us about this in Italy.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It's handy that you can actually buy it. There's no facility for that in Europe, of course, it's needs-based.
I think is not ok to be able to buy it. Because that makes people with resources go first in line in front of poor people that might need it more

Yes, I wasn't aware we'd ever left the major lockdown. We've been red for ages now.
Yeah nothing has changed here either. If anything it's been relaxed as you can mix with other households over Easter.

As I say, ever since the AZ spat BBC reporting has been far less balanced than usual.

RadoRed

It's handy that you can actually buy it. There's no facility for that in Europe, of course, it's needs-based.
Government is providing vaccines to 50 and above for free ( Sinopharm),but it doesn't have the resources to get everyone vaccinated anytime soon so they have allowed the private sector to import vaccines and sell them.

Penna

Staff
Yeah nothing has changed here either. If anything it's been relaxed as you can mix with other households over Easter.

As I say, ever since the AZ spat BBC reporting has been far less balanced than usual.
Everything's shut here, but "everything" is two coffee bars, basically. The grocery shop and the chemist are open, as ever. I'm beginning to think it'll always be like this in the village, quite honestly!

redshaw

There's a lot of various news outlets reporting Italy's lockdown.

Arabnews has drones and helicopters police Italy's easter lockdown. Lots of mention of strict in many articles from New Zealand and so on. Seems just a general associated press news story like any other. I was going to say I can only see BBC reporting about about France today but it's gone from the corona page already and main news page, the Italy story was long gone, it's not some big deal. Sounds a bit tin foil.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I get my second dose of Moderna tomorrow morning. Can't wait! Except for the immune response part. I'll report back my symptoms and their severity if I have them.

By the end of April, all of my friends in NC will have been fully vaccinated (second dose plus two weeks). Most of us are some form of essential worker or got leftovers (mostly in our early 30s). The federal government (under Trump) and many state governments have completely blown the initial COVID response, but the vaccine rollout has been pretty good, at least in North Carolina. The struggle now will be breaking through to the people who weren't eagerly trying to get the vaccine ASAP.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I get my second dose of Moderna tomorrow morning. Can't wait! Except for the immune response part. I'll report back my symptoms and their severity if I have them.

By the end of April, all of my friends in NC will have been fully vaccinated (second dose plus two weeks). Most of us are some form of essential worker or got leftovers (mostly in our early 30s). The federal government (under Trump) and many state governments have completely blown the initial COVID response, but the vaccine rollout has been pretty good, at least in North Carolina. The struggle now will be breaking through to the people who weren't eagerly trying to get the vaccine ASAP.
My second dose of Moderna is due 26th April.
I wish you well and keep us updated please.
Thanks.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
It could be true. They will want to check your antibody response, probably a couple of weeks after the second round.
Not a fan of needles. Would be easier to prepare for another transplant (ignoring the needles that are needed then). :lol:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
J&J (who've so far only delivered around 5 million doses in the US - all imported as bulk product from their Netherlands plant) lost 15 million doses earlier this month in a mistake at their US manufacturing sub-contractor. The FDA have put shipments from the plant on hold pending investigation according to:
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/545856-shipments-of-johnson-johnson-vaccine-halted

And somehow you just knew that AstraZeneca was going to get the blame. Apparently the plant who screwed up muddled up the J&J and AZ formulations.

The FDA have now ordered J&J to run the plant themselves and only make the J&J vaccine on site. AZ will relocate.
https://www.ft.com/content/3906ee0c-8062-496c-9bb7-d1814a30bdf3

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I wish you well fella. Don’t be too down, at least you’ve had your first.
It'll be fine, the woman who put in the first shot was great. Let me decide when to do it and technique to use.
Just hope i'm lucky enough to get her the next time(s) as well, although with the baby-bump she had I have my doubts. :lol:

Have you had yours yet, Geebs?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It'll be fine, the woman who put in the first shot was great. Let me decide when to do it and technique to use.
Just hope i'm lucky enough to get her the next time(s) as well, although with the baby-bump she had I have my doubts. :lol:

Have you had yours yet, Geebs?
No im still dreaming of getting one

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
And somehow you just knew that AstraZeneca was going to get the blame. Apparently the plant who screwed up muddled up the J&J and AZ formulations.

The FDA have now ordered J&J to run the plant themselves and only make the J&J vaccine on site. AZ will relocate.
https://www.ft.com/content/3906ee0c-8062-496c-9bb7-d1814a30bdf3
That’s hilarious. It’s beyond parody how often AZ screws things up. This latest fiasco also doesn’t fit with the EU scapegoating AZ for their own failings rhetoric.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I expected the same when i got my 2nd Pfizer 12 days ago, but nothing really happened. The only interesting bit was they gave me a proof of vaccination card that said this round of two vaccinations is good for 6 months, after which I presumably have to do it all over again, or else get a single booster shot.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
That’s hilarious. It’s beyond parody how often AZ screws things up. This latest fiasco also doesn’t fit with the EU scapegoating AZ for their own failings rhetoric.
That shows how bad their PR has become :lol:

It's not AZ's fault. They used (with the FDA's encouragement) the same sub-contractor manufacturing plant that J&J were placed in (also with the FDA's encouragement). It's the third party contractor who has screwed up.

Just to complete the story - Novavax were the company who originally hired the Emergent group as sub-contract manufacturers for their vaccine. But they got thrown out of one of their other plants by the FDA to allow J&J. That set Novavax's US trial and the initial production back by about two months. They're now using Fuji as their subs, which was oddly good news for the UK as Fuji had a site in Teeside as well.

golden_blunder

Staff
Any idea of when it will be your turn?
I was in the 4th priority group here, so took a bit longer than I initially thought before i got the call.
Dunno, I was in the 5th category but since they changed how they’re doing it, I’m now 7th out of 9. I think.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
There's a lot of various news outlets reporting Italy's lockdown.

Arabnews has drones and helicopters police Italy's easter lockdown. Lots of mention of strict in many articles from New Zealand and so on. Seems just a general associated press news story like any other. I was going to say I can only see BBC reporting about about France today but it's gone from the corona page already and main news page, the Italy story was long gone, it's not some big deal. Sounds a bit tin foil.

It was quiet in Florence this weekend but people were still out walking and takeaway food was widely available. The traditional firework burning cart thing was done but without the crowds. The police don't really care about folk walking about but I've heard from several that they are checking cars. I carry a form with me whenever I'm out just in case.

Penna

Staff
Dunno, I was in the 5th category but since they changed how they’re doing it, I’m now 7th out of 9. I think.
In Italy the very last group is 16 to 59-year-olds with no health conditions. Tough on my friend here who's 58 - but as I told her, she's getting it last because she's healthy, which is a good thing.

It's shocking that you haven't had your jab yet, geebs. It's the same strange prioritisation here, they have vaccinated police officers before it's even been offered to people who are very clinically vulnerable or have serious disabilities.

golden_blunder

Staff
In Italy the very last group is 16 to 59-year-olds with no health conditions. Tough on my friend here who's 58 - but as I told her, she's getting it last because she's healthy, which is a good thing.

It's shocking that you haven't had your jab yet, geebs. It's the same strange prioritisation here, they have vaccinated police officers before it's even been offered to people who are very clinically vulnerable or have serious disabilities.
I’m hanging in there, but I’ll not lie, it’ll make a huge difference to us all.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

The prioritisation in Ireland is different to what you describe. Clinically most vulnerable are being vaccinated already. The recent change has been to focus on risk of a bad outcome, rather than risk of exposure (professions etc) Which has the unions up in arms.

Penna

Staff
The prioritisation in Ireland is different to what you describe. Clinically most vulnerable are being vaccinated already. The recent change has been to focus on risk of a bad outcome, rather than risk of exposure (professions etc) Which has the unions up in arms.
I can see both positions, really. All hospital and social care staff were vaccinated first here - first the clinicians and then the administrative staff. I can see that we need to make sure that health care can keep going. But then on the other hand, many of those admin staff are young, healthy people.

In a way, if we'd vaccinated all the healthy 20 to 40-year-olds first it would have massively slowed the spread. The over-80s and the disabled aren't the ones who are passing it around.