Gaming The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Do they deliver on release?
I don't buy from Zavvi often, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask but I have pre-ordered twice before from them and both games arrived on time. If you want it on release then Amazon or Shopto are your best options.

Kaos

Right so I capitulated and bought a new graphics card for this, did the same thing when Witcher 2 was released :lol:

On the plus side I get this game and Arkham Knight for free :drool:

PlayerOne

You guys seen the launch cinematic? It's amazing!

Ducklegs

Right so I capitulated and bought a new graphics card for this, did the same thing when Witcher 2 was released :lol:

On the plus side I get this game and Arkham Knight for free :drool:
I bought a new PC a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to find it came with the download codes for this as well.

Jagga7

Cant wait for this to be released. The Witcher 2 was incredible and it was actually a tough game to finish, most games are wayyy to easy now a days.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Playing some witcher 2 again and I'm impressed by how good it looks graphically. Everything is designed really well too in terms of the environment, characters and armour. Still can't remember anything about the story from the last time I completed it so I feel quite relatable to Gerald considering his amnesia.

I watched some Witcher 1 stuff to try and figure out the story and it looks so bad compared to witcher 2. The difference in quality looks quite staggering. Even the voice acting in that game seems a bit dodgy and the outfit that tris merigold wears makes her look like a hooker :lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Playing some witcher 2 again and I'm impressed by how good it looks graphically. Everything is designed really well too in terms of the environment, characters and armour. Still can't remember anything about the story from the last time I completed it so I feel quite relatable to Gerald considering his amnesia.

I watched some Witcher 1 stuff to try and figure out the story and it looks so bad compared to witcher 2. The difference in quality looks quite staggering. Even the voice acting in that game seems a bit dodgy and the outfit that tris merigold wears makes her look like a hooker :lol:
Well, she was in Playboy......

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Do you think you will have needed to play the first 2 to understand the story?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Do you think you will have needed to play the first 2 to understand the story?
As per the norm, it helps a lot but isn't fully necessary. There are resources available to assuage this concern without full play-throughs as well. Edit::: like above...

PlayerOne

Do you have needed to play the previous games in order to make sense of this game?
Nope, but if you want you can check the videos posted on this page or if you want something a bit detailed then check my post on page 5, I posted a recap of both games.

JackXX

What's the difficulty like in these games? Think I'm going to start off on hard and see what it's like. 12 hours 45 mins :drool:

Cina

What's the difficulty like in these games? Think I'm going to start off on hard and see what it's like. 12 hours 45 mins :drool:
Supposedly this isn't difficult, where as the second game was insanely difficult at the start and had a horrid learning curve (and shit combat). This one definitely looks more manageable. A few reviewers said they bumped it up from medium to hard after a while in the game because it started getting a bit easy.

Kaos

If you're used to Dark Souls/Bloodborne then go ahead and start with the hard difficulty.

You can pretty much change the difficulty at any time, so just adapt accordingly.

JackXX

Supposedly this isn't difficult, where as the second game was insanely difficult at the start and had a horrid learning curve (and shit combat). This one definitely looks more manageable. A few reviewers said they bumped it up from medium to hard after a while in the game because it started getting a bit easy.
If you're used to Dark Souls/Bloodborne then go ahead and start with the hard difficulty.

You can pretty much change the difficulty at any time, so just adapt accordingly.
Thanks guys think I'll go with hard then. It's good you can change it at any time.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Watched a few gameplay videos and holy crap the world is gorgeous.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Pre-loaded and ready to go! Still figuring out whether to play with a controller or stick to the good old mouse and keyboard. I imagine it's better with a controller, but I'm utterly terrible with it - I really need to learn how to use it properly. I was planning on using it for a DA:I replay, but I don't really see one of those happening for the next few decades, so this might be the time!

Kaos

Pre-loaded and ready to go! Still figuring out whether to play with a controller or stick to the good old mouse and keyboard. I imagine it's better with a controller, but I'm utterly terrible with it - I really need to learn how to use it properly. I was planning on using it for a DA:I replay, but I don't really see one of those happening for the next few decades, so this might be the time!
You'll be expected to dodge a lot in combat, so I'd go with the controller.

There's also a fair bit of horse-riding and ship-sailing which might also be easier to maneuver on a controller.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Witcher 2 played better with a KB/M, but there wasn't much in it.

I'm still not sure which way to go.

Macern

Pee pee pants
A lot of fuss about this game. A friend told me about it earlier today so I checked the trailer and it looks good. The only RPG games I've ever played before are Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fable 2 IIRC. The only RPG games I've ever enjoyed was Oblivion and Skyrim which are my two favourite games ever.
How is this game compared to the Elder Scrolls games? Are the menus and the gameplay easy to comprehend? Or is the game too confusing for a noob? (like LoL for instance, I would never try that game, too many buttons and shit).

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
A lot of fuss about this game. A friend told me about it earlier today so I checked the trailer and it looks good. The only RPG games I've ever played before are Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fable 2 IIRC. The only RPG games I've ever enjoyed was Oblivion and Skyrim which are my two favourite games ever.
How is this game compared to the Elder Scrolls games? Are the menus and the gameplay easy to comprehend? Or is the game too confusing for a noob? (like LoL for instance, I would never try that game, too many buttons and shit).
I hated Skyrim and really enjoyed Witcher 2, but don't let that put you off.

Based on my Witcher 2 experience... Gameplay is no harder to grasp than Skyrim, although it is better.

Cina

Skyrim has far better gameplay than The Witcher 2 did. It's the story that was poor in comparison. The Witcher 2 had really piss poor combat.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

15th launch trailer. Contains spoilers.