Television The Witcher | Netflix | There are book spoilers here

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Needs a bit of stubble but yeah, looks good

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't think his face fits at all.

Mads Mikkelson would have been perfect for the role.
Yes.

But, I think Cavil is an excellent actor and will do the role justice.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I think he looks brilliant. My Geralt always had a bit of stubble in-game but apparently book Geralt is clean shaven so fair enough.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Should've casted the Yennefer actress as Ciri, she's too pretty. She needed to look more bitch-like.

Marcelinho87

Yes.

But, I think Cavil is an excellent actor and will do the role justice.
Other than Superman I haven't seen him in anything so I can't comment on his acting ability. Thought he was a terrible SM though purely based on how he has the charisma of a wet dish cloth.

Hoping he proves me wrong though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Cavill looks a pretty good Gerald in that pic.

But for me it's hard to consider anybody but the TW3's Geralt as Geralt. He's got such definite and distinctive features. Even the model from the CGI trailor of the game itself seemed just wrong to me.

Really really really hope they get this right.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s weird. I don’t see it in him, still. I seem to be in the minority though.

I definitely don’t like the Yen cast. At least from that picture. She’s too young-looking. She needs to look more strikingly attractive.

Art Vandelay

It’s weird. I don’t see it in him, still. I seem to be in the minority though.

I definitely don’t like the Yen cast. At least from that picture. She’s too young-looking. She needs to look more strikingly attractive.
I agree, it all looks a bit off. Cavill reminds me more of Nuclear Man from Superman 4.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Who cares if he doesn't look like Geralt?! The guy is actually an uber geek and a big fan of the books so I'd rather have someone like him who will take the job seriously than someone who's purely there for a paycheck.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Oh shit, it looks great.

It won't because Netflix cancel everything after 2-3 seasons these days. The pricks.

Also Cavill seems like too big a star for them to tie down long term.
Yeah but he's a big fan of the books so maybe he won't mind doing it as long as it stays true to the source material.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks very good. Super excited for this!

A couple of things though
  • Yen just doesn't look intimidating enough. Seems really frail.
  • And I wish they could have used the music of the game. I don't believe there's any show, film or game with a soundtrack as phenomenal as that of TW3. Using that music would have elevated everything IMO. The Velen tracks, the Skellige tracks, the battle track. Just fricking awesome. I understand the game's events occur after the books but I still feel they could have used those iconic scores.
Still, this looks really good. Hope they absolute nail it.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So psyched about this.
Looks like the first season of this show is going to have more impressive action and battle scenes than GoT did in the beginning. Also happy to see they made sure to not focus too much on Geralt in the teaser, and portray it as initially three main storyline. Only thing we didn't see in the trailer and I'm hoping will be abundantly present is the hard R rated humor.

Lastwolf

Oh shit, it looks great.

It won't because Netflix cancel everything after 2-3 seasons these days. The pricks.

Also Cavill seems like too big a star for them to tie down long term.
They cancel things they don't own or doesn't move the needle enough after 3 seasons, if this had GoT level success they'll keep it around.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
feck me this it looks so good. I think Cavill looks great as Geralt too and really feels like the video game character. Maybe because they gave us a lot of 3rd person shots of him not speaking very much to help that similarity along.

Andersons Dietician

I need it and I need it now. That looks awesome. Him on a potion at the end as well, damn it i’m Going to have to go and start the game again aren’t I.

Bobski

I thought it looked rather generic fantasy from that small segment, pretty much how you would expect a US version of The Witcher to look. I will be interested to see if they use any of the game music in the show, that worked very effectively in Castlevania.

Cavill looks comically muscled.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought it looked rather generic fantasy from that small segment, pretty much how you would expect a US version of The Witcher to look. I will be interested to see if they use any of the game music in the show, that worked very effectively in Castlevania.

Cavill looks comically muscled.
Agree with this - I’m again in the minority for this thread.

Not sure about the muscles, though. Game Geralt is totally shredded. Can’t remember of the top of my head if Book Geralt was too, but he must be. He has super human strength, after all.