The World Cup Final: France vs Croatia (Kickoff 16H00 BST)

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Also fingers crossed, Ban. France will win most likely but anyway. Like me some Croats, down-to-earth and nutters at the same time.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Found something on twitter:

1958 new World Cup winner: Brazil
1978 new World Cup winner: Argentina
1998 new World Cup winner: France
2018 new World Cup winner ??

:drool:
there is always a hope...

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Hope Croatia do it but I think its probably a step too far.

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
Hopefully Croatia win, everyone should be against France.

the_irish123

Croatia should make the game ugly like first 45 minutes in our friendly. Go for a mid pitch pressure (not deep not high) and be physical. Play direct to Perisic and Rebic and Mario.

simplyared

After seeing how France went about the Belgium game, which was a total bore, I can't see it being entertaining. They are stronger all over the pitch than Croatia (who we should have beaten). Dechamps will have them sussed and his players will be drilled to grind out the win.

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
No matter who wins the final these clubs are guaranteed to get a world champ back in the locker room come next season
French first - Croat second

Atletico Madrid : Hernandez, Griezmann - Vrsaljko
Barcelona : Umtiti, Dembele - Rakitic
Real Madrid : Varane - Modric, Kovavic
Monaco : Sidibe, Lemar - Subasic
Juventus : Matuidi - Mandzukic

I find Monaco the most surprising. Also mid/upper table german clubs gets a champ depending who wins...

Reactions: Sultan

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm shocked France have held their nerve and reached the finals, never thought that would happen. Don't care about either team but will be cheering on France because of Pogba. Would be nice for him to win it after the shit he's been getting from our useless, vindictive press.

Bestietom

It's a fantastic achievement by Croatia to reach a World Cup final. With a population of just 4 million they have produced some really fine players who Play their hearts out. It won't be as easy as people think it is going to be for France. I am expecting this one to go the distance with France maybe nicking it in extra time.

evil_geko

France all the way, cause of Pogba etc. And Mbappe is a beast, he deserves winning it.

Cliche Guevara

"It's something special for me," Lovren is reported said. "From my point of view, people were saying I had a difficult season but I don't agree with that.

"I showed that I took Liverpool to the Champions League final and now with my national team we are in the final.

"I think people should recognise that I'm one of the best defenders in the world and not just talk nonsense."

He’s a confident lad, isn’t he?

Greck

Will root for France, knowing that those who rode the narrative that he is a losing player will really hate it if Pogba actually became a world cup winner

Ban

Whatever happens theyre our heroes. Can't imagine what would happen if they'd won it. Still cant believe it's all happening.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
So how will France approach this tough nut Croatia game? Not like silly Southgate for a start. France don't have a player like an injured Dele Alli so that's immediately a numerical advantage. Then there is the obvious danger of the wide men that can quickly feed the dangerous Mandzukic. Cut the roots and the head starves and dies. How? By putting two pacy wingers on both flanks (Rashford and Sterling like). France have a common sensical manager so expect to see Mbappe and Matuidi/Griezman feck up any plans Perisic or Rebic have of crossing the half way line.

In the middle? Kante = 2 x Modric for importance. That's not a slight on Modric as he is world class. It's just Kante is from another planet right now.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Most relaxed before any game. Nothing to lose, hope we just give it a proper game and a final. Of course, if the game become tight my nerves will start working, but atm not feeling it.

Found something on twitter:

1958 new World Cup winner: Brazil
1978 new World Cup winner: Argentina
1998 new World Cup winner: France
2018 new World Cup winner ??

:drool:
there is always a hope...
That shit never works.

"It's something special for me," Lovren is reported said. "From my point of view, people were saying I had a difficult season but I don't agree with that.

"I showed that I took Liverpool to the Champions League final and now with my national team we are in the final.

"I think people should recognise that I'm one of the best defenders in the world and not just talk nonsense."

He’s a confident lad, isn’t he?
He had a great tournament tbh, but every time he starts talking like this he unavoidably fecks up something.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
So how will France approach this tough nut Croatia game? Not like silly Southgate for a start. France don't have a player like an injured Dele Alli so that's immediately a numerical advantage. Then there is the obvious danger of the wide men that can quickly feed the dangerous Mandzukic. Cut the roots and the head starves and dies. How? By putting two pacy wingers on both flanks (Rashford and Sterling like). France have a common sensical manager so expect to see Mbappe and Matuidi/Griezman feck up any plans Perisic or Rebic have of crossing the half way line.

In the middle? Kante = 2 x Modric for importance. That's not a slight on Modric as he is world class. It's just Kante is from another planet right now.
Kante will sit on Modric and disrupt him finding space. If that happens Rakitic will struggle to get into game and suddenly Pogba can dominate.

Would imagine Croatia back 4 will also sit much deeper today to try to limit Mbappe so that means Croatia middle 3 will be deeper than in other games. If there is a gap between the two then Griezmann will get more space to operate.

Basically to me France matches up very well against them but then I've thought that for the previous three KO games France have played and so it has proved with them not needing extra time in any game which is unusual for a team who reaches a final in international tournament.

Most well rounded team in the tournament. They also got a bit of luck with Cavani being injured as him and Suarez would've given their defence a major test.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I have to say, from being rather indifferent before this game, I have become strongly in favor of France. That Croatia team is just nothing I can support in any way.
I can totally relate to you. It is the same with Bayern and your national team.

I do like Ozil, though. Don't know why you didn't call him for this WC.

LoneStar

The whole world seems to be rooting for Croatia. Well I have been supporting France/Brazil the whole tournament and will be rooting for a French victory.

I think France will score an early goal, and then be happy to sit back and hit on the counter. Do think they'll win this.

Canagel

If it wasn't for Pogba then I would've been completely neutral but im desperate for him to get his hands on that trophy. Just imagine how confident he will be coming back to the PL next season.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Pogba has really come of age this tourney. Not to say Kante has not made a difference but he has looked very focused and shown some leadership out there.