Thiago Alc*ntara | Still exists

dev1l

Thought he might take Liverpool to another level, when I heard they signed him. Couldn't have been more wrong.
No one can predict exactly how a player will perform after a transfer. There are some teams get it right more than others of course.
Another aspect is patience ...some fan bases are inherently impatient.... especially those with large following on social media toxic cesspits

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
I think people fall for him because he looks good. The little body feints, dangling his foot over the ball, the snappy disguised passes etc but really does any of it actually have that great an effect? He's physically feeble, gets overrun and offers no defensive protection at all unless he's bringing players down.

Lewnited

I think people fall for him because he looks good. The little body feints, dangling his foot over the ball, the snappy disguised passes etc but really does any of it actually have that great an effect? He's physically feeble, gets overrun and offers no defensive protection at all unless he's bringing players down.
He's been far better than he's shown in a Liverpool shirt, but there's definitely an element of this as well - makes everything look fancy:lol:
In this current Liverpool team that easily get dragged in to back and forths he's pretty useless, unable to do the legwork required to really get a hold of the game.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I like that he made his choice to go there thinking it was going to be some nice easy trophies at the end of his career playing for the team set to dominate English football for years to come.

So sad it's not working out like that for him....

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He is so so easy to bypass.
The game just goes on around him, he is essentially a passenger.
Looking like a poor signing so far.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Insane weird takes here.

I would take him back at Bayern immediately. I wish he would still play for us. He is the main reason Bayern lacks so much balance now.
If you ask most Bayern players who is the best player they have ever played with they all mention Thiago. Lewandowski put him over Kimmich, Neuer in his vote. Davies mentioned Thiago over Lewandowski, Neuer, Kimmich.

It is so funny , that many he find excuses for Rashford when he doesn't play well ( like still impacted by a back injury months ago :D) , or Bruno being tired. Thiago came to Livepool, got injured, got Corona, plays as CM with lots of defensive responsibilitiesfor a team who is obviously ocmpletely out of form and disorganized and struggles HEAVILY with injuries. But yeah , must be world class immediately ! No other Liverpool player is shining recently. Maybe someone tells me next that Rashford is better than Salah and Mane.

Thiago was insanely important defensively for Bayern in their Champions League run, especially in Gegenpressing and when getting pressed. Always has a solution for both direction.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Insane weird takes here.

I would take him back at Bayern immediately. I wish he would still play for us. He is the main reason Bayern lacks so much balance now.
If you ask most Bayern players who is the best player they have ever played with they all mention Thiago. Lewandowski put him over Kimmich, Neuer in his vote. Davies mentioned Thiago over Lewandowski, Neuer, Kimmich.

It is so funny , that many he find excuses for Rashford when he doesn't play well ( like still impacted by a back injury months ago :D) , or Bruno being tired. Thiago came to Livepool, got injured, got Corona, plays as CM with lots of defensive responsibilitiesfor a team who is obviously ocmpletely out of form and disorganized and struggles HEAVILY with injuries. But yeah , must be world class immediately ! No other Liverpool player is shining recently. Maybe someone tells me next that Rashford is better than Salah and Mane.

Thiago was insanely important defensively for Bayern in their Champions League run, especially in Gegenpressing and when getting pressed. Always has a solution for both direction.
He's not going to shag you, mate.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Insane weird takes here.

Shuddup you will ya

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I like that he made his choice to go there thinking it was going to be some nice easy trophies at the end of his career playing for the team set to dominate English football for years to come.

So sad it's not working out like that for him....
He should have gone to PSG

Bigger paycheck and easier trophies

Godfather

Insane weird takes here.

What a strange rant. He has been average for Pool so far. Nobody is denying he was good for you though. Maybe the PL just isn't for him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Insane weird takes here.

Fully agree

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
so isn't the PL for the whole Liverpool team right now right

city-puma

Insane weird takes here.

I think for many many years Bayern has been enjoying a system using a holding midfielder, Alonso, Thiago, even Kimichi. Around them, you have physical workhorses, direct attackers, hybrid forward, trickery wingers.,that’s a very flexible setup to create different scenarios in any game.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He honestly might end up being one of the worst signings of the season. He clearly has quality but he has ultimately changed this Pool side so far for the worse. I know that they are struggling at CB but because they have Thiago they are happy to keep shoehorning Henderson/Fabinho at CB because they think "we have Thiago" but it actually makes their midfield poorly balanced and a complete contrast to what made them good before. Oh, he's also a thug.

Insane weird takes here.

Some of you German fans really need to remember where you are :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Insane weird takes here.

The best player ever in their history? :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Stinker of a signing so far.

Made sense on paper to bring a great ball player into their industrial midfield, but the whole team is already in a lull and he just makes them even more sluggish.
As well as quickly standing out as one of the dirtiest in the league.

Dr. StrangeHate

The lesson here is never buy a player from Bayern. Buy any player that Bayern are tapping to leave on a free.

Castia

Been terrible hasn’t he. Offered absolutely nothing in the games Ive seen.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I hope they don’t decide to sell him back to Bayern and get their money back. I hope they just keep him, he isn’t going to get any younger, better or less injury prone.

DoomSlayer

Insane weird takes here.

As the new social media popular saying goes - ratioed. :cool:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Square peg in a round hole. Phenomenal footballer but can't put in the work required in a Klopp midfield. A huge part of their prowess was Wijnadlum, Henderson, Mane and Firmino swarming people. With Salah being weak in the press they are exposed over and over with him in the team. I don't think he's dirty, just late to every challenge and super slow in covering the ground. Its a big issue. Instead of having 4 players pressing hard and 1 being lazy, they now have 3, 1 being lazy and 1 being way too slow.

Like Rodri he might turn it around but Klopps system is more demanding than the current City one, especially futher forward in the 8 positions. They have huge problems and he's a bad fit in fixing them. If they leave him out for a few games play kids at the back and put Henderson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum back in midfield their results would be much better. Either Klopp has to change or he's wasted.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
As the new social media popular saying goes - ratioed. :cool:
Ratioed in a biased place is fine for me. I think I came up with a good and reasonable perspective. But anyway , okay for me : ))

I mean there is no doubt he is a phenomenal player. People picture it as he is the main reason Liverpool isn't performing. There are several factors and people know, but completely ignore suddenly.

Cloud7

On the surface of it he never made sense for Liverpool. Their success was built around having three workhorses in midfield that did the grunt work and got the ball quickly to their forwards and their fullbacks. That was what made them look. When you think of it like that Thiago was always the wrong fit for them.

hubbuh

Insane weird takes here.

It's almost as if you're on a Man Utd forum. :houllier:

Shuddup you will ya
But mainly this.

Mindhunter

I was so happy to see him get booked early in this match. He regularly gets away with murder just because he is seen as a skillful player. Hope refs call him out more often for his flagrant fouls.

Chairman Steve

I‘m starting to get Veron vibes from him.

Is Klopp going to change the style of play any time soon to suit him better? Otherwise he’s a talented square peg in the round hole that is the Liverpool midfield.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fantastic player in the right team and league. No doubt he will play well in the Champions League for Liverpool. For the Premier League though, the pace and physicality is probably beyond him. It's really enjoyable listening to the pundits fall over themselves at any opportunity. Nobody can take a throw in with as much grace, style and panache as old Thiago right ?

Liverpool fans love a good **** of personality to follow but what is more laughable are some of the lines the fans are coming out with now. 'We just need a few more players around him' ' We should invest to build a team around him' 'Play him in his natural position' All of this is what we used to say about Pogba and was laughed at for.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He's not going to shag you, mate.
:lol:

Thiago is awful. He's struggling to adapt to the pace of the PL. It's why he looks like a walking red card everytime he's on the pitch.

Also bit fed up of the constant fawning over him.

'Yes Liverpool lost today, but did you see the way Thiago cushioned that pass'. Give it a rest.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I still maintain Thiago situation in Liverpool is similar to Pogba at United. You can create great video of him passing the ball around, or going past two players with with a sublime dummy, but only watching the full game will show he doesn't quite fit the team.

Both very good players in the right system, but for different reasons they feel somewhat forced into the team. And both would look better in slower pace league.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Other Bayern fans were often mad at me for saying it but I kept saying that Thiago was not as important for us as often suggested and that he wasn't the player that made things "click". That's why I argued that someone like Kimmich was just so much more important for our success, someone with a punch and leadership qualities on the pitch (I'd say even Goretzka added a dimension to our midfield that Thiago simply doesn't have).
Don't get me wrong, Thiago is obviously still a quality CM but imo there is just that little something missing and the reason why he hasn't become a truely great player of his generation (despite having the tools for it).
So yeah, Thiago works his magic if things around him are in place but don't expect him to be the guy to lead.
I totally agree with you. Thiago was only great in his last Bayern season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Insane weird takes here.

:lol: You sound strangely attached to Thiago.