Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
:lol: I'd get that a soap can make one smell good but how is it supposed to make one look like Thiago :lol:
Anyway, the only good things about this thread have been the various gifs by Olly and Jeston

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
There should be a separate thread in dedication to these gif's. They range from brilliant to phenomenal.
I've mentioned this a couple days ago, Olly and Jeston need their own show.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I post just a little in this thread. But I don't see any harm with people having fun in here. And this thread aspired Olly to make gifs as classic as Mockney "god is a can" gif. It's all worth it, man.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There should be a thread on the general, about all classic gifs with a little write up about each of them. It will be part of the Cafe legacy for years to come.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I think the first thing Olly and Jestdon do on their show is have a gif off.

Seveneric

I can't find the link now, but a few months back, the guy that created the format said the official pronunciation should be 'jif'

lysglimt

Scout
I can't find the link now, but a few months back, the guy that created the format said the official pronunciation should be 'jif'
If the G stands for Graphics, he can't possibly expect people to pronounce it JIF

steeeb

I think you're all getting confused.

Pronounce g and it sounds like ger
Pronounce G and it sounds like gee..

So if you pronounce it GIF (capital G it sounds like JIF now, rather than with the smaller g we use in graphics etc.. which makes it sound like gif).

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think it'd be a pretty similar signing to Kagawa in terms of expectation. Adds a bit of flair and class to the team and pretty much guaranteed to be a success. Kagawa was more proven without necessarily having the same hype but overall I'd say expectations were about the same. Plus it's easy to forget Kagawa was less than a year older than Thiago is now at the time we signed him.

Personally I think the expectation with Thiago will be higher, he's playing in a position where we've been crying out for a player with talent for years and whilst Kagawa is also an exciting player, I just feel Thiago has potentially more to him as a player as he is a more dynamic presence even though he operates in a deeper position.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does go on to sign, his official debut was like the midfield equivalent of watching Ronaldos debut as he's a very exciting flair player who likes taking risks.

Cina

ESPN are far from being a reputable source. I won't believe this til I see it on BBC.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They're as reputable as it gets in sports. If someone at ESPN has a source at the club, then they are going to report on it, citing a club source. How that is interpreted is up to the fans.

Platato

Psst!
Mundo Deportivo seemingly attempting to make Thiago as the culprit. If Xavi, a highly respected player at Barca, cannot convince Thiago to stay after personally speaking with him, then in one view, he really does not desire to stay at Barca and potentially become a key player there.

Brophs

The One and Only
They're as reputable as it gets in sports. If someone at ESPN has a source at the club, then they are going to report on it, citing a club source. How that is interpreted is up to the fans.

Maybe in America. Over here they're perceived as also-rans.

Status
Not open for further replies.