Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
The disclaimer at the end.

'I've heard that Messi is interested in joining United... but with transfers... anything can happen/not happen so don't be surprised if this never happens. Although it could...'

Well. Thanks for stating the obvious.
Oh, i know what you're sayin man - he was statin the obvious of course, but lets be fair here - its a massive deal for a player of his quality to leave Bartha, so a change of heart when it comes to the crunch is very possible & who could blame him?!

But he wont get the games he craves there. Sure even Barca (Titso) have given him no guarantees about playin time - even tho he had a crackin U-21 Champs. Cant understand why they wouldnt play the lad - his youtubes are feckin awesome - do they not have the internets? :confused:

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Oh, i know what you're sayin man - he was statin the obvious of course, but lets be fair here - its a massive deal for a player of his quality to leave Bartha, so a change of heart when it comes to the crunch is very possible & who could blame him?!

But he wont get the games he craves there. Sure even Barca (Titso) have given him no guarantees about playin time - even tho he had a crackin U-21 Champs. Cant understand why they wouldnt play the lad - his youtubes are feckin awesome - do they not have the internets? :confused:
I just have a pet hate when people who are 'ITK' cover all possible bases.

'Might win the lottery tonight, might not.'
'World might end tomorrow, might not.'
'Murray might win Wimbledon, might not.'

Well, obviously. Those are like, the only two options.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
I just have a pet hate when people who are 'ITK' cover all possible bases.

'Might win the lottery tonight, might not.'
'World might end tomorrow, might not.'
'Murray might win Wimbledon, might not.'

Well, obviously. Those are like, the only two options.
Jesus dude, you're just focussing on one part of what Hunter said. Every transfer has that element of doubt regardless of being so far down the line in discussions. What Hunter said was pretty thorough & "the disclaimer" thingy you keep rambling on about is feckin commonsense for every transfer God sake - only this one is as high profile as it gets so far this summer, so it gets alot more attention than most!

Platato

Psst!
Some of you are cnuts! Of course anything can happen, it's a feckin' transfer. We got burned by Lucas, Hazard and other deals. Hence, the trepidation. Why is it such a big deal when a journalist says anything can happen?

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Some of you are cnuts! Of course anything can happen, it's a feckin' transfer. We got burned by Lucas, Hazard and other deals. Hence, the trepidation. Why is it such a big deal when a journalist says anything can happen?
Because it's usually a way of justifying talking absolute bollocks and then pointing out when nothing happens, that you did say it might not happen.

Maybe not in this case, but as a general rule.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
How fecking hard is it to make a decision on whether you want to leave or want to stay. It's been such a long time and he's still making his mind up. fecking footballers.
Well, goin by Hunter & numerous reports over the past week or so, its down to United to accept his terms (same clause as his Barca one) - rather than the other way round man.. And goin by what Hunter said - we're pretty much agreeable to that now, so we could hear some positive news soon with the good grace of God :angel:

...but then again with transfers - you just never know man :smirk:

Platato

Psst!
Because it's usually a way of justifying talking absolute bollocks and then pointing out when nothing happens, that you did say it might not happen.

Maybe not in this case, but as a general rule.
Okay but in this case, it's absolutely in the player's hands. So while on paper, Thiago is closer to moving to United, he could still change his mind.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
If he'd left Barca at 16 - like certain prodigal sons of theirs - they'd probably be bidding for him this summer. Or maybe just unsettling him ready for a cheap deal next year. I can see why he's hesitating, but unless Xavi offered him the #6 shirt, and told him Fabregas has decided to play in goal then none of it means more than, "trust us and maybe you'll get more games eventually."

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
How fecking hard is it to make a decision on whether you want to leave or want to stay. It's been such a long time and he's still making his mind up. fecking footballers.

I think anyone in any industry would take a long time to think about a move like this. It's leaving your hometown to move to a completely different city with a completely different culture and language. It's leaving your family and friends that you've lived with for over a decade. It's leaving your dream job - that you still believe you can fulfil your ambitions at but are unsure how long it will take to do so - for one that represents a completely different set of values. And it likely involves vast amounts of money. Is it really that strange to think it takes weeks to think things over in that scenario?

Member 39557

I think anyone in any industry would take a long time to think about a move like this. It's leaving your hometown to move to a completely different city with a completely different culture and language. It's leaving your family and friends that you've lived with for over a decade. It's leaving your dream job - that you still believe you can fulfil your ambitions at but are unsure how long it will take to do so - for one that represents a completely different set of values. Is it really that strange to think it takes weeks to think things over in that scenario?
Especially as he's still a young lad.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think anyone in any industry would take a long time to think about a move like this. It's leaving your hometown to move to a completely different city with a completely different culture and language. It's leaving your family and friends that you've lived with for over a decade. It's leaving your dream job - that you still believe you can fulfil your ambitions at but are unsure how long it will take to do so - for one that represents a completely different set of values. And it likely involves vast amounts of money. Is it really that strange to think it takes weeks to think things over in that scenario?
Get out of here with your sense and reason.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Get out of here with your sense and reason.
:lol: Yea, just get out. He should be thinking for us muppets and making his mind up within a week, max.

Nogbadthebad

Its been two weeks.

I've taken longer than that to choose a pair of pants for fecks sake.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The cub haven't been all that heavily linked with too many targets this summer, have they? It's been strange in that sense. You have Thiago, who Sky haven't really commented on. Baines, we had a bid rejected and it remains to be seen if it'll materialise. Strootman, no reputable source really commented. Ronaldo, lets be honest...
So, unless we're going to sign someone completely out of the blue, it's apparent we've put a lot of our eggs into the Thiago basket.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Or the papers just don't have a clue. Just last summer Powell came pretty much out of nowhere and Kagawa was kept well under wraps until talks were seemingly very advanced.

EDIT: akash is right. Still, there's loads of transfers that the papers have only started speculating on within a month of the signing being completed. And the transfers like Anderson and Hernández aren't uncommon either.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Or the papers just don't have a clue. Just last summer Powell came pretty much out of nowhere and Kagawa was kept well under wraps until talks were seemingly very advanced.
There was lots of speculation around Powell.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
The cub haven't been all that heavily linked with too many targets this summer, have they? It's been strange in that sense. You have Thiago, who Sky haven't really commented on. Baines, we had a bid rejected and it remains to be seen if it'll materialise. Strootman, no reputable source really commented. Ronaldo, lets be honest...
So, unless we're going to sign someone completely out of the blue, it's apparent we've put a lot of our eggs into the Thiago basket.
I think that is the strangest part of this off-season. The media don't really seem to have a clue who we are interested in. They started out with the default suggestion that half the Everton team would be going with Moyes. Thankfully that now seems to have stopped (barring Baines). I'm increasingly certain that if we don't get Thiago we won't go for a midfielder this summer again as we don't even seem to be keeping our options open, as we did with the Senna / Hargreaves summer. Its Thiago or nothing.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
Moyes only started work on Monday, AND why are all surprised at "United keep transfer dealings quiet" shocker. What do you all expect, the board to join the Cafe and share everything with us directly??

I'm absolutely certain that several 'big' signings are in the pipeline. Sadly patience isnt a Cafe virtue

Never in the history of football has a new manager taken over a club, with money to spend, and NOT signed anyone. Keep the faith

blitz133w

I think that is the strangest part of this off-season. The media don't really seem to have a clue who we are interested in. They started out with the default suggestion that half the Everton team would be going with Moyes. Thankfully that now seems to have stopped (barring Baines). I'm increasingly certain that if we don't get Thiago we won't go for a midfielder this summer again as we don't even seem to be keeping our options open, as we did with the Senna / Hargreaves summer. Its Thiago or nothing.

The media never gets a clue unless the player we are bidding for, or his club leak the information to start a bidding war. That's why it's only the really popular players are leaked. Kagawa was pretty well known but he's japanese and very humble. Doubt he would want to jeopardize his move to united.

I think Fellaini is our worst case scenario. Am sure we can pull that one off at the end moment because of Moyes. I was also under the belief that Strootman was the second choice. Now that PSV have released a public statement, it only makes me more positive that Thiago is a done deal.

backofthenet

Don't agree with that I'm afraid. Officially he took over work on Monday. In reality he's been working for United since the end of the season... which is 6 weeks ago. We haven't stopped transfer activity since then, as evidenced by the signing of Varela. Also, I don't believe that there will be several signings. I reckon it'd be 1 or maybe 2, unless Rooney leaves.
We have always done our business quickly and this hasn't happened this season, meaning everyone is jumpy... including me.

Siorac

Don't agree with that I'm afraid. Officially he took over work on Monday. In reality he's been working for United since the end of the season... which is 6 weeks ago. We haven't stopped transfer activity since then, as evidenced by the signing of Varela. Also, I don't believe that there will be several signings. I reckon it'd be 1 or maybe 2, unless Rooney leaves.
We have always done our business quickly and this hasn't happened this season, meaning everyone is jumpy... including me.
Except when we haven't.

Really, I keep seeing this on this site but it's so obviously rubbish. Van Persie, Tévez, Berbatov... Neither was "done quickly". Or I could say Hargreaves, that saga lasted for more than a year. Rooney was a deadline day signing as well.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
It better be Thiago & another & maybe another - thats just for Mid-field too... I'd love us to get a bruiser in mid-field - that can obviously play of course, but just a bitta metal, if & when we need it, sick of seein us overrun in mid-field by City & Chelsea too for long periods. Carrick was a legend last season, imagine how good we'd be if he had better help there & someone else to play triangles with... playin triangles like the great Arsenal triangle team of yester-year!

Mad Winger

Kagawa was kept well under wraps until talks were seemingly very advanced.
The Kagawa saga lasted at least a couple of weeks, and there were several top teams interested in him. I remember this very well, because Kagawa is the only player except for Ronaldinho who's ever managed to turn me into a transfer muppet. I feel sick and embarrassed to think about how often I refreshed this website last summer. It's a miracle that I managed to get good grades on my university exams.

Kagawa didn't cause as much ruckus because most people who don't follow Japanese or German football were clueless about how big of signing he actually was. That's why it seemed to go much faster than it actually did. There weren't as many updates on Twitter etc, simply because Kagawa wasn't "the Muppet's Dream". Being an Asian teamplayer(with heavy emphasis on 'team') from a league that didn't become "popular" before recently, he was never gonna steal the headlines from Modric/Hazard/Neymar etc. But for us Kagawa fans, it was several weeks of torture.

Mad Winger

thats because you're a muppet
I've allowed myself to act like a muppet once in my whole life(luckily I didn't have an internet connection during the Ronaldinho saga). I can live with that.

Meanwhile I can enjoy watching the rest of you implode every summer. It never gets old:cool:

backofthenet

Except when we haven't.

Really, I keep seeing this on this site but it's so obviously rubbish. Van Persie, Tévez, Berbatov... Neither was "done quickly". Or I could say Hargreaves, that saga lasted for more than a year. Rooney was a deadline day signing as well.
Ok, so in those summers

Van Persie - Kagawa and Powell... major business done in June.
Tevez - Hargreaves, Anderson and Nani... major business done in June.
Berbatov - was the only signing that year (unless you count the Da Silva twins) and it was Levy and the bloke is an utter cnut and dragged it out for as long as he could.

So now lets look at 2011/12. Jones, Young and De Gea done in June.
2010/11 we'd even done our major business before the end of the previous season in Smalling and Hernandez.
2009/10 - Valencia in June and Michael Owen by 3rd July.

So I dispute the fact that we generally take a long time in the market. We don't... now obviously the uncertainty this year with the change in manager and his thoughts about the squad will affect it. I just fail to understand why we are being linked with so few players this time around cos whilst the club is not exactly vocal about our targets normally something slips out from agents or other clubs. Its very silent this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.