Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Mundo Deportivo seemingly attempting to make Thiago as the culprit. If Xavi, a highly respected player at Barca, cannot convince Thiago to stay after personally speaking with him, then in one view, he really does not desire to stay at Barca and potentially become a key player there.

Sounds more like you're projecting. Should Thiago bolt, it's doubtful that the media will be kind to him and I am pretty sure fans will mostly be at odds with the player. Probably won't ingratiate them with Rafinha either.

For me, it'll be bittersweet. I'll be more understanding although on the other hand, Mazinho (An extention of Thiago, clearly) unsettled the club on several occasions - including flirting with the capital club. That will be replayed many times over for fans to remember. If he were to stay, would this continue every season or so? Xavi, Iniesta et al counseling him to stay is all the club can do and if that does not resonate then better he leave. A club wants players who will fight for the shirt

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We should counterattack by sending Paul Scholes instead

Scholes: Thiago what did Xavi told you?
Thiago: I am surely going to make it, all I have to do is to be patient.
Scholes: He's right. However hmm...world class players tend to retire very late in their career. Look at me, Ive retired at 38 years of age. Do you know how many kids have come and left United during that period?
Thiago:!!!
Scholes: However rest assured that big clubs will be grateful to you. Once Xavi retires I am sure they'll rely on their eternal reserve rather then spend big money on a big player with a proven record. I mean, look at me. I am being replaced by Ando or Cleverley right?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
We should counterattack by sending Paul Scholes instead

Scholes: Thiago what did Xavi told you?
Thiago: I am surely going to make it, all I have to do is to be patient.
Scholes: He's right. However hmm...world class players tend to retire very late in their career. Look at me, Ive retired at 38 years of age. Do you know how many kids have come and left United during that period?
Thiago:!!!
Scholes: However rest assured that big clubs will be grateful to you. Once Xavi retires I am sure they'll rely on their eternal reserve rather then spend big money on a big player with a proven record. I mean, look at me. I am being replaced by Ando or Cleverley right?

We should send your strange version of Paul Scholes if Thiago is a fan of cryptic crosswords, yes.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Are we believing that Xavi can convince him to stay on the 11th hour? Bollocks I say.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Xavi has only just spoke to him? They must not have a great team bond, Rio would've been in his ear long before interest got this concrete.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Maybe in America. Over here they're perceived as also-rans.
Yeah, I get that impression. My point is that journalists often have legitimate sources at clubs, and ESPN, as a major player in the coverage business are likely to have direct, but informal connections with the big clubs, which explains their "club sources" speaking on the condition of anonymity type stories?

Platato

Psst!
Sounds more like you're projecting. Should Thiago bolt, it's doubtful that the media will be kind to him and I am pretty sure fans will mostly be at odds with the player. Probably won't ingratiate them with Rafinha either.

For me, it'll be bittersweet. I'll be more understanding although on the other hand, Mazinho (An extention of Thiago, clearly) unsettled the club on several occasions - including flirting with the capital club. That will be replayed many times over for fans to remember. If he were to stay, would this continue every season or so? Xavi, Iniesta et al counseling him to stay is all the club can do and if that does not resonate then better he leave. A club wants players who will fight for the shirt
When I was writing it, I knew it was very loose.

Platato

Psst!
Honestly I think this Xavi story is behind. It doesn't look as if their conversation changed much if we're going based off of what's been said in the Catalan press.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Graham Hunter was just on Talksport there & he pretty much quoted the rumour doin the rounds regarding Thiago & the clause to go to United (same as the one he has with Bartha), but he also said that it looks to have been resolved & he's movin closer to United, but with transfers - anything can happen/not happen!

ITS ON!!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Graham Hunter is believed to be a credible source in England purely because of his connection to Sky.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Graham Hunter was just on Talksport there & he pretty much quoted the rumour doin the rounds regarding Thiago & the clause to go to United (same as the one he has with Bartha), but he also said that it looks to have been resolved & he's movin closer to United, but with transfers - anything can happen/not happen!

ITS ON!!
The disclaimer at the end.

'I've heard that Messi is interested in joining United... but with transfers... anything can happen/not happen so don't be surprised if this never happens. Although it could...'

Well. Thanks for stating the obvious.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Err, I'm pretty sure he was the first one to report it... Around a week ago!
Maybe so, but he was sayin United & Moyes werent keen on havin that shit written into a contract. I forgot to say also, that Thiago wanted that clause written into the contract & if all terms werent met - he could leave after one season for a similiar fee & thats been the stumbling block, but that we're pretty much agreeable to it now..

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Anything positive Hunter says, I'm going to celebrate like a hyena.
If he says anything negative on the other hand, I'm just going to ignore him. As Manuel would say "He (I) know nathing".

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
Even the journalists are sitting on the fences regarding Utd transfers,they know with Utd anything and everything is possible.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Maybe so, but he was sayin United & Moyes werent keen on havin that shit written into a contract. I forgot to say also, that Thiago wanted that clause written into the contract & if all terms werent met - he could leave after one season for a similiar fee & thats been the stumbling block, but that we're pretty much agreeable to it now..
I hope we dont sign him with such a stupid clause. I'd rather we sign someone else not a one season player.

Status
Not open for further replies.