Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
El Mundo Deportivo also believe Thiago Alcantara is close to signing for Man United
ESPN have received backing from El Mundo Deportivo with their suggestion on Tuesday that Manchester United have all but wrapped up the signing of Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona.
El Mundo Deportivo cite the ESPN claim that Spain Under-21 star Thiago could be unveiled along with David Moyes at a Manchester United press conference on Friday.
However, the Catalan paper believes that negotiations between Barcelona and Manchester United are still to take place over the future of Thiago Alcantara.
Since it is simply a case of activating a release clause, there may not be a great deal Barcelona about preventing a speedy resolution to this transfer saga.
Toni Freixa, Barcelona spokesman and secretary, did announce on Tuesday, that the Catalan giants have not heard from Thiago Alcantara since he starred for Spain Under-21s at the recent European Championships in Israel.
According to El Mundo Deportivo, talks between Thiago’s father Mazinho and Manchester United briefly broke down with the player unsure about working with new boss David Moyes.
Sir Alex Ferguson was keen on signing Thiago for two seasons, but the midfielder had to weigh up whether to join a new coach at Old Trafford.
Mazinho has been given assurances that Thiago will get regular playing time and this has cleared any doubts up, meaning Manchester United look likely to get their man.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
What does that have to do with anything?

I was just saying that playing Kagawa in Rooney's postion would be the same system, with them both playing in the hole behind Van Persie.
I don't think this is the right thread for it mate. Lets agree to disagree to stop us derailing the thread.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
This thread is 62 pages away from Sneijder thread with a month to go!? Race against time, muppets.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Doubt it, who would we play in a three with Carrick and Thiago?

Dropping one of our forwards would be nuts just to fit someone like Clev in the team, our forwards are our best players.
Agreed. Our most talented players, beside defenders, are Rooney, RVP, and Kagawa. Would be a wrong approach to take playing three central midfielders.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Nothing like the Rooney signing. Everybody could claim to have an in depth knowledge to Rooney the player after his exploits for Everton and England in Euro 2004. I can reckon the majority on here have only seen a few instances of Thiago.
If anything Rooney was still regarded as potential when we signed him. Thiago is at an age where he will be reaching his prime soon. I have it on record here wanting United to sign Thiago a few years back. He really is a class act.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Hope it doesn't rain when he comes to Manchester this week for his medical....don't want to frighten him off :)

Everest Red

Reddest ever
If anything Rooney was still regarded as potential when we signed him. Thiago is at an age where he will be reaching his prime soon. I have it on record here wanting United to sign Thiago a few years back. He really is a class act.

The release clause is severely undermining Thiago's stock.

Revan

Assumptionman
Why THiagON isn't photoshoped on a United shirt? It would have been more on.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Get your shit together Olly, jesus, any fool can do this - look at Jeston.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The Spanish press are all now quoting the ESPN (and Metro) articles, but not adding much of their own.

However Rafinha (remember him - he re-signed last week) is probably not going to Celta Vigo on loan as originally suggested. The Celta sporting director says, "It's difficult," because Rafinha's been offered loan deals by clubs playing in Europa League and even the CL.

twitter thread suggester
The Spanish press are all now quoting the ESPN (and Metro) articles, but not adding much of their own.

However Rafinha (remember him - he re-signed last week) is probably not going to Celta Vigo on loan as originally suggested. The Celta sporting director says, "It's difficult," because Rafinha's been offered loan deals by clubs playing in Europa League and even the CL.
Any of the clubs happen to be English?
I bet Laudrup wouldn't mind him at Swansea, even though he's not Spanish.

Everest Red

Reddest ever

Everton? :drool:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
:lol:

Sultan can never resist a good "I told you all he was quality first"!

Revan

Assumptionman
Regardless, Snow and myself were the first to praise him on Caf, a year ago.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
ThiagON being on the left is better feng shui. Makes the transfer more likely to happen.

I can't argue with the philosophies of the far east - they have transfer wisdom far beyond our years.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
He's quality Sults, we know it. On the other side, The Neviller should not be allowed to celebrate Thiago goals.

Did you know that people with anxiety have a great evolutionary value? Whenever a pack of humans settled and felt comfortable in a new setting they'd constantly be looking for danger, and eventually find some.

TN is a great foil for muppets. He is a great asset to redcafe. What's the point in having a discussion forum if you expect every post, and every poster's mentality to be the same? He probably loves United like all of us and wishes the best for the club. He's a little pedantic nutjob when it comes to transfers though.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
It cannot be a coincidence that Rooney has suddenly decided to speak out and even mentioned about playing out wide in a front line of three, which would only mean that Thiago is coming to play in a 3 man midfield more often than not..

Status
Not open for further replies.