Thomas Muller

mu4c_20le

Happy for him. Gets a lot of shit for his general play but he does his job again and again.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
A monster performance from one of the most likable players in today’s era of football. Work rate. Intelligence. Sharpness. Focused. Score goals.

Bayern are lucky to have such a great role model.

Just look at Thomas and follow in his footsteps and you’re fine.“

RUCK4444

A monster performance from one of the most likable players in today’s era of football. Work rate. Intelligence. Sharpness. Focused. Score goals.

Bayern are lucky to have such a great role model.

Just look at Thomas and follow in his footsteps and you’re fine.“
That first half he was the difference when both teams were getting chances, he was everywhere. Clever clever footballer.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Amazing what a change of manager can do right? Was labeled as finished under Kovac and Anchelotti, now back to being world class under Flick.

Wonder what Löw will do about him in the national team.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Class player. Has proven a lot of people wrong.

"He can't dribble. He has no tekkers"

One of the best proofs that football is played first and foremost in the mind. His career speaks to that

Had a rough tournament and season and not sure if he will get back to his best but you can't deny how good he was at his best.
Word man, word

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Best player today, with an Incredible season. Broke the assist record in Bundesliga this year, or tied it with De Bruyne, unsure.

Should be rated so much higher but he isn't called Mullerinho.

Best CAM in the world imo.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's beaten Brazil 7-1 and Barca 8-2 the absolute madman.

What a man... He's just so German.

Tonicruise

Supports
FC Bayern
To think he was close to leaving for United a couple of seaons ago. I'm so happy he decided to stay and fight for his place. What a player what a mentality, and now most CL games out of any german player. Enjoy him while it lasts.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a player, he doesn't look technically brilliant but his mentality, awareness and movement is just perfect. His work rate, his ability in final third is again awesome.

(I don't want this to sound like I'm shitting on him) People who thinks technique is be all and end all should stop that mentality. Obviously technique is important but even when player is not brilliant at it but has brilliant mentality + team player + good technique he will be awesome player.

Also he should be very highly rated player too, Close to 30 goals + assists in league this season, every season it's close to 20 or 20+ which is just brilliant record.

Eddy_JukeZ

What a player, he doesn't look technically brilliant but his mentality, awareness and movement is just perfect. His work rate, his ability in final third is again awesome.

(I don't want this to sound like I'm shitting on him) People who thinks technique is be all and end all should stop that mentality. Obviously technique is important but even when player is not brilliant at it but has brilliant mentality + team player + good technique he will be awesome player.

Also he should be very highly rated player too, Close to 30 goals + assists in league this season, every season it's close to 20 or 20+ which is just brilliant record.
I think Muller has excellent technique personally. What he did for that 1st goal was superb technique.

It's just not 'flashy' or doesn't 'pop'.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
I think Muller has excellent technique personally. What he did for that 1st goal was superb technique.

To be fair, he said Müller "doesn't look technically brilliant", which is pretty similar statement to you saying "It's just not 'flashy'" as both statements don't deny his abilities, just the looks of it. He simply looks awkward and he's not the best player in terms of technical abilities, yet his technique is much better than it looks and definitely better than the average football player in european top leagues.

Pablo18th

I
Happy for him. Gets a lot of shit for his general play but he does his job again and again.
I've never understood the shit he gets for his general player, the only thing it lacks is aesthetics but he's very technical and has been since he was a young player. That game vs England as a 20 year old was insane.

Icemav

Agree. Some of the technique he displayed today was a cut above. But also as some have mentioned its his vision and quickness of thought that really sets him apart. To conceive it, attempt and also pull it off. Very different player to a Ronaldinho but the thought process is similar.

Nickelodeon

He is either unbelievably good or shockingly poor. Have never seen any other mode.

That ball to Gnabry for the 3rd goal was Scholes-esque.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

I don't know about excellent, at least not all around, but he certainly couldn't play those passes without an at least above average ball handling.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't know about excellent, at least not all around, but he certainly couldn't play those passes without an at least above average ball handling.
Yeah, I didn't say his technique is average or terrible, I even said it's good just that it's not something you think about when you watch his game.

He somehow pulls them off. This guy has 360 degree vision and plays those good passes with his head too.

Blackwidow

He has his own style...

From Germany you probably cannot watch this video - I watch it via VPN

Godfather

How a player that can look so ordinary at times be absolutely wordclass on so many occasions is still beyond me. Amazing game from him. Big game player. Always seems to rise with the challenge.

Also his first goal yesterday coulnd't have been more typical for him. How he struck the ball there was so weird yet effective.

Rajma

My dream player, such a shame he never joined us. One of the best and effective final 3rd players you’ll ever see. When you watch all these donkeys around who can’t make a single right pass yet are being put on the pedestal because they can do some fancy tricks, Muller’s ability is such a contrast to these modern pool of players.

Paula

Supports
Bayern
It's a bit sad that he was forced by Löw 2 years ago to retire from the NT in the age of 28. Still don't get this decision...

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Here's the thing: Müller isn't poor or even just average in terms of technique. It's the Müller-Myth.
Obviously, his stamina, work rate, positioning and press orchestration are outstanding, but he is also exceptional when it comes to first touch ball manipulation (be it passing, shooting or controlling it in a way that gives him an advantage), pass execution when under pressure and vision. He doesn't dribble past players in 1-on-1s. That's his one limitation.
It might luke flukey and awkward at times, but that doesn't make it less impressive technically. How often does he have to cunningly flick a ball on to create a chance, or bypass the entire defense with a half court cross from full sprint before people accept that he is a great and creative passer? How many more times does the ball have to bounce of Müller's head, knee, shin or thigh just to land right in place for a tap in or killer pass before we talk about him having great first touch control?

johanovic

Muller is a team player and does see the game clearly and proves that football can be a simple game and I mean that in a very positive way. His first goal and the 1-2 play in a narrow area was a beauty. He's a model professional and leader and for those not rating him he could always show off all his medals, that probably say's it all.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I have never been a big fan of his but respect where it is due. Top player, top professional. Great interview by him after the game.

One of the best of the 21st century for me. Big game player, his attacking positioning and awareness is the best I’ve ever seen.

Skills

Snitch
Amazing what a change of manager can do right? Was labeled as finished under Kovac and Anchelotti, now back to being world class under Flick.

Wonder what Löw will do about him in the national team.
Yeah but imagine what could happen if you had just given those managers some more time?