Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

marfans

Supports
Chelsea FC
What I find funny is that some people here suggests that TT is over rated yet they rate Klopp so much when last season he lost about 5-6 straight home games, suddenly he is genius this season.
We at Chelsea love TT and wants him to stay for 10yrs.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Ancelotti was sacked after finishing second
I thought United fans of all supporters would be the last people to just look at the top line where 2nd place finishes are concerned.

tjb

Look how incredible Reece James has been once again recently. And that’s coming off a recent long term injury. I expect that Chilwell to return to his level next season as well. We are a totally different team with those two fit and firing.

We 100% need to move Lukaku and bring in a technically gifted and clinical attacker and we will be golden. Love the look of Nkunku.
I do agree. This season, your depth in that wing back area got exposed. Since this position is more vital in your team than almost any other team ( as they were the key creative source), your summer should be spent looking for reasonable depth in that position. I think the rotation you have behind the strikers are fine as a simple summer of growth from Havertz could lead to have a class player in that position. Also adding a steady solid centre back to replace Rudiger and a dependable striker should help you guys a lot.

There aren't really too many world class strikers around at the moment, but having a forward rotation like City have could be the cure for that. I feel United would also benefit from following that formula. You have done it before with 05 Drogba/ Gudjohnsen and 06 Drogba/Crespo before Drogba really came into his own, maybe it's something to look at rather than spending ridiculous amounts on strikers ( Morata/Lukaku/Werner) who are never really worth the value

Kaos

I thought United fans of all supporters would be the last people to just look at the top line where 2nd place finishes are concerned.
Eh? If you're alluding to Mourinho and Solskjaer, we sacked them the season after their respective second place finishes, when our form nosedived and we were sitting around midtable. Ancelotti was sacked as soon as the campaign ended when he finished 2nd.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Think the criticism of him is extremely harsh , it's all well and good suggesting that if Roman was still around that he would have sacked him but that's ignoring the impact that Roman being removed/ Chelsea being sanctioned has had on team moral/ security.

You add that to their injury issues and I don't think it's much of a surprise that they have fallen away.

I'm not saying I think he's as good as Pep and Klopp (Those 2 are like the Ronaldo and Messi of current managers) but I'd probably have him as "The best of the rest".

I don't blame him for the Lukaku disaster either because I don't believe that he has much power in regards transfers.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Eh? If you're alluding to Mourinho and Solskjaer, we sacked them the season after their respective second place finishes, when our form nosedived and we were sitting around midtable. Ancelotti was sacked as soon as the campaign ended when he finished 2nd.
Yes and a lot of United fans (and anyone doing basic due diligence if I'm honest) saw the next season decline coming without change because the football was unsustainable.

Same with us that season. We only finished 2nd (joint lowest points for a 2nd place in PL history) due to Petr Cech having the season of his career. If it was a few years earlier I'd have dug up posts on a Chelsea forum to prove how incandescent the majority of the fanbase were with the performances that season but I cba to go back 11 years to prove a point.

He's a great short term manager but he still hasn't to this day proved his ability to rebuild a side (something we badly badly needed at that point).

Idxomer

Think the criticism of him is extremely harsh , it's all well and good suggesting that if Roman was still around that he would have sacked him but that's ignoring the impact that Roman being removed/ Chelsea being sanctioned has had on team moral/ security.

You add that to their injury issues and I don't think it's much of a surprise that they have fallen away.

I'm not saying I think he's as good as Pep and Klopp (Those 2 are like the Ronaldo and Messi of current managers) but I'd probably have him as "The best of the rest".

I don't blame him for the Lukaku disaster either because I don't believe that he has much power in regards transfers.
I'm not sure what he has done to be ranked above Conte, Ancelotti or Simeone, Zidane too if he's ever back in management.

TheReligion

Abusive
The usual when any criticism of Chelsea comes out. Make comparisons to United.

Not sure why people can’t judge these things in isolation. Ultimately if Chelsea don’t win the FA cup it will be a failure of a season.

RuudTom83

Chelsea have very little to play for in these end of season games...best not to over-analyse them to much.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I'm not sure what he has done to be ranked above Conte, Ancelotti or Simeone, Zidane too if he's ever back in management.
I prefer his playing style to Simeone, I think he's a little less volatile than Conte (plus the European cup) and I think he's a better "Coach" than Ancelotti or Zidane so I prefer him to those managers.

It doesn't mean he's better or worse, just that on balance I think he delivers more.

For example if I was a United fan and had to choose one of those options to manage (Including Ten Hag) I would go for Tuchel.

Last edited:

Corridor of Uncertainty

Chelsea have very little to play for in these end of season games...best not to over-analyse them to much.
There's the small matter of the cup final against Liverpool though.

You can't just take the rest of the season off and then expect to turn it on like a tap in a one off match.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Not sure why people can’t judge these things in isolation. Ultimately if Chelsea don’t win the FA cup it will be a failure of a season.
I was purely using it to explain why the 2nd place finish in the season in question was misleading because it was the best example.

If it stops you getting upset I'll use Arsenal 15/16 if the subject ever comes up again how about that?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Are they going to stick with Havertz as CF next season? They really missed a Giroud type today to hold it up and battle Mina. Also surprised Pulisic and Ziyech didn't start

Feels like they'll just attempt to rebuild defence and put sticky plaster over rest of the team so they'll probably be similar standard next season.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

He will probably be gone next season. He hasn’t convinced me at all in the league, neither last season nor this.
His league performance / consistency would need to improve big time.
Last time I made the point he lacks ideas in attack / is rather defensive Chelsea fans came up with how they have scored around 100 goals this season and how they have been unlucky. Scoring 5+ goals against Sunday league teams or Southampton doesn’t give you consistency in the league.

Chelsea under Mourinho (when he was in his prime) reached 95 and 91 points without actually scoring an awful amount of goals. However they just knew back then how to win games regularly. The current Chelsea are not even close to being that kind of well-oiled machine.

TheReligion

Abusive
I was purely using it to explain why the 2nd place finish in the season in question was misleading because it was the best example.

If it stops you getting upset I'll use Arsenal 15/16 if the subject ever comes up again how about that?
Is wasn’t just you. It was @SirReginald too. You’re all far too defensive and precious. It’s obviously a disastrous season thus far given the money you spent in the summer and how you finished.

If you win the FA cup though and cement top 4 I would say it’s par. Let’s hope you do for everyone’s sake as I’m sick to death of the scouse.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Are they going to stick with Havertz as CF next season? They really missed a Giroud type today to hold it up and battle Mina. Also surprised Pulisic and Ziyech didn't start

Feels like they'll just attempt to rebuild defence and put sticky plaster over rest of the team so they'll probably be similar standard next season.
Short of revamping 80% of the team I don't see how we have a different choice apart from roll with the same attack considering the huge job we have rebuilding the defence.

Dembele on a free could be an option while we move one of the forwards on, and there's a chance we could get a decent fee for Jorginho, which could allow us to add a midfielder, but those are long shots I think. Main focus will be on bringing in centerbacks.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel is in his first full season and it's been a wild season full of injuries, sanctions and an uncertain future. He's been wonderful, in my opinion. Couldn't ask for a better manager to lead this club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Tuchel is in his first full season and it's been a wild season full of injuries, sanctions and an uncertain future. He's been wonderful, in my opinion. Couldn't ask for a better manager to lead this club.
He's been great for you. Two reasons. One is that he's delivered the CL. The other is that Chelsea have a strong style of play and identity. You generally look a very well organized and coached football team.

His issue aside from the ownership problem and now losing CBs is the attack. He's never quite got Chelsea firing in that department. And his big money signing didn't help.

allen7

Arsenal are 3 points behind chelsea with a 10 times worse squad.
Tuchel is very overrated and will soon get the sack once the ownership situation settles down.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's been great for you. Two reasons. One is that he's delivered the CL. The other is that Chelsea have a strong style of play and identity. You generally look a very well organized and coached football team.

His issue aside from the ownership problem and now losing CBs is the attack. He's never quite got Chelsea firing in that department. And his big money signing didn't help.
It's the big elephant in the room and I'm living in hope that next season will be better.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don’t think he’s anywhere near the sack but I do think he’s got a big job to do in the summer. It will also be interesting to see what the new owners give him to spend.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t think he’s anywhere near the sack but I do think he’s got a big job to do in the summer. It will also be interesting to see what the new owners give him to spend.
We will be alright. And he is managing us for two turbulent seasons and keeping us in all cup competition until final except this season s cl and both seasons he kept us competitive for top 4. Will see how his team will evolve. Next season we will be lot closer than now to the top in my opinion.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lukaku, Werner and Havertz have hardly been rip roaring successes have they?

Not seen too much press about how incredibly bad a buy Lukaku has been. The most I heard was G Nev saying the other day something really generous about how it "hadn't quite happened" or something you might say about a youth teamer making a few appearances.

TheReligion

Abusive
We will be alright. And he is managing us for two turbulent seasons and keeping us in all cup competition until final except this season s cl and both seasons he kept us competitive for top 4. Will see how his team will evolve. Next season we will be lot closer than now to the top in my opinion.
There’s no excuses for this season surely? You’ve just been way off it

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
There’s no excuses for this season surely? You’ve just been way off it
I'd say that the injuries to James and Chilwell derailed their season.

They are heavily reliant on their wingbacks for creativity and the season ending injury to Chilwell and the subsequent long injury to James meant that they dropped away in 2022 (They were just 6 points off on Xmas day) due to the lack of depth in those areas (Alonso/Azpi).

I also think the uncertainty around the club since the Ukrainian invasion has hurt the team harmony/ mentality.

Add that to the disastrous Lukaku signing ( Marina Granovskaia? ) And I think there is a variety of "Reasons" that things haven't worked out this season.

I'm not sure if it can be repaired this summer with their ownership issues but I find it hard to fault Tuchel too much.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'd say that the injuries to James and Chilwell derailed their season.

They are heavily reliant on their wingbacks for creativity and the season ending injury to Chilwell and the subsequent long injury to James meant that they dropped away in 2022 (They were just 6 points off on Xmas day) due to the lack of depth in those areas (Alonso/Azpi).

I also think the uncertainty around the club since the Ukrainian invasion has hurt the team harmony/ mentality.

Add that to the disastrous Lukaku signing ( Marina Granovskaia? ) And I think there is a variety of "Reasons" that things haven't worked out this season.

I'm not sure if it can be repaired this summer with their ownership issues but I find it hard to fault Tuchel too much.
Injuries are par for the course though. Nothing new and certainly not excuse worthy. The poster made it sound like Chelsea have been up against it all season when really it’s only the past month or so which has been turbulent and bar the fans not coming in that shouldn’t have made much of a difference.

I rate TT by the way.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Exhausted all the way down I'd say. Chilwell + James + a ton extra games with the club wc + a lot covid untimely cases on top broke the system a bit. Lukaku signing disrupted the team with no need - just as the Abramowitch case. All that while Pool and city don't miss a single beat. Second leg Madrid game broke the morale. Now all that's left is the FA cup finale and being on point there without losing the CL spot - dangerous game.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Injuries are par for the course though. Nothing new and certainly not excuse worthy. The poster made it sound like Chelsea have been up against it all season when really it’s only the past month or so which has been turbulent and bar the fans not coming in that shouldn’t have made much of a difference.

I rate TT by the way.
We always had structure and if we have full fit squad we always had the chance to go two three gears still. Individual mistakes cost us some important matches. Set up wise we are not void of ideas. I have enough reason to think we will be alright next season. Klopp needed three seasons pep needed four seasons so it's not bad where we are now. And tuchel s only signing was Lukaku.

Let him build his team and more or less he will have to assemble new central defense. He had enough credit for what he did.Remember we struggled at 9th with this same team with useless Lukaku as an addition. Now look back he literally managed same team with injuries,COVID and Ukraine issue. For me that's very impressive.

AshRK

I like him as a coach and before us appointing ETH, I would have taken him as United's manager next season. However, I am surprised by his side playing such a boring football. I would say just a tad better to what LVG used to serve us. I thought Tuchel's side were more fun. Not sure what's the case right now.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I like him as a coach and before us appointing ETH, I would have taken him as United's manager next season. However, I am surprised by his side playing such a boring football. I would say just a tad better to what LVG used to serve us. I thought Tuchel's side were more fun. Not sure what's the case right now.
I think we played overall a good balanced game. Even against you we played fantastic. What part was boring for you in our game i don't know.

AshRK

I think we played overall a good balanced game. Even against you we played fantastic. What part was boring for you in our game i don't know.
Forget about us. We have been crap and even Norwich played entertaining football against us. I think you guys play a very slow ponderous football which is a surprise for a tuchel side as his dortmund and PSG side were more direct and fast. Again granted I don’t see Chelsea each week but whenever I have seen them you look slow in possession.

Kaushal

One week he is the amongst the best managers in the world with klopp and pep and come next week he is overrated, no middle ground and context on caf. The reality is this chelsea squad is nowhere near top class. Defence is solid when they are all fit , midfield is decent and the forward line is poor. Other than Silva, Azpilicueta, James, Kante, Jorginho there is no one in Chelsea’s squad you can say is a top top player. And out of those players how many are getting into the top sides ? Silva, Cesar, kante are old or injury prone or getting on.

Reece James is the only one who is at the right age and is close to world class. The forwards are all average to good players. Not a single one of them is getting a look in any of the top teams including Havertz and Mount. Their squad is actually not that good or atleast not at the elite level. How much is that tuchel’s fault I don’t know regardless he has done a brilliant job for them. I fully believe if Chelsea back him with his transfers he is gonna take them right up there next season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Everyone appears to play fantastic against us because we're the worst coached side in the league. Our players literally don't even know where to stand on the pitch.

jackal&hyde

Lukaku, Werner and Havertz have hardly been rip roaring successes have they?

Not seen too much press about how incredibly bad a buy Lukaku has been. The most I heard was G Nev saying the other day something really generous about how it "hadn't quite happened" or something you might say about a youth teamer making a few appearances.
G Neville only really rips in to United.

We'll see next season if TT is the WC manager he is talked about being. Right now it's looking poor, both from a playing perspective as well as general results. An FA cup will not change that. Also, if the Russian gangster is in in control, Tuchel is 100% gone; he does not invest such vast sums on money to be sweating for 4th and be in touching distance to Lego Pep working with a team of youth.

Chelsea will make top 4 because United had their worst season for 30 years and Spurs did not get Conte from the beginning as they should have (or ETH).

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
G Neville only really rips in to United.

We'll see next season if TT is the WC manager he is talked about being. Right now it's looking poor, both from a playing perspective as well as general results. An FA cup will not change that. Also, if the Russian gangster is in in control, Tuchel is 100% gone; he does not invest such vast sums on money to be sweating for 4th and be in touching distance to Lego Pep working with a team of youth.

Chelsea will make top 4 because United had their worst season for 30 years and Spurs did not get Conte from the beginning as they should have (or ETH).
Oh yes we are lucky because United arsenal and spurs were too bad. But you can't blame it on tuchel for finishing above these teams for their own short comings.

End of the day we are not good enough to challenge liverpool or city this season. Top 4 team need to improve in many areas in defense,midfield and forward positions as well as fitness levels too. Next season we will be looking forward with lot of hope.

Goodluck for you too for new management to get things straight.

jackal&hyde

Oh yes we are lucky because United arsenal and spurs were too bad. But you can't blame it on tuchel for finishing above these teams for their own short comings.

End of the day we are not good enough to challenge liverpool or city this season. Top 4 team need to improve in many areas in defense,midfield and forward positions as well as fitness levels too. Next season we will be looking forward with lot of hope.

Goodluck for you too for new management to get things straight.
That's how football often is. Sometimes is about being good, other times is about being less crap then the opposition; context is very important. That's how we got 2ed and 3ed.

Yeah next season should be much better for both clubs.

Telsim

People here were putting him above Conte! :lol: Good manager, but very overrated. Still, better than what we've had over the past 10 years.