Ticket info thread - 2008/09: Touting will not be tolerated

beller2000

dont suppose anyone is able to pick up a couple of tkts on their st's? would be forever in your debt if you could help sort me out with two :angel:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
dont suppose anyone is able to pick up a couple of tkts on their st's? would be forever in your debt if you could help sort me out with two :angel:
I'd sort you out mate, but I opted out of the CC, so not eligible.

I might be getting a few through other sources, so there is a chance I'll let you know.

beller2000

I'd sort you out mate, but I opted out of the CC, so not eligible.

I might be getting a few through other sources, so there is a chance I'll let you know.
My god, that would be one huge favour i owed you. I actually need a ticket for myself, there are 7 of us going as you know, we have 5 tickets now, so myself and my brother have said that the rest of the lads can have the tickets since we went to moscow last year, so i would appreciate it no end if you could sort something even at this late stage. i will pm you my mobile no just incase anything comes up. thanks again for you efforts mate.

CROmanc

Me like tugging
Our biggest enemy is going space crazy through lon
I was in a contact with an italian who is selling 2 tickets for 400 pounds each, and I was planning to buy them from him, but my mate who was supposed to drive to Rome, it turns out - can't. So if anyone wants this guy's e-mail or mobile phone number, pm me.

edit: the guy e-mailed me he sold them (to Utd fans)...

Skelter

Internet GYPO
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8062934.stm

Warning to ticketless United fans

Police will be at the airport to stop troublemakers travelling to Rome

Police are warning Manchester United fans without tickets not to travel to Rome for the Champions League final.

About 30,000 fans are expected in Italy for the match against Barcelona and an estimated 10,000 will not have tickets.

Greater Manchester Police will have "spotters" stationed at Manchester Airport and will have officers at the game to identify potential hooligans.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office urged fans to stay away from areas where they may be targeted by gangs.

Supporters are advised not to take the Metro to the Piazzale Flaminio or to use one of the Eternal City's bridges, the Ponte Duca D'Aosta.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office also issued guidance to stay "as far away as possible" from the Campo dei Fiori Square, where there has been trouble in previous years.

Tickets for Wednesday's final have been produced like credit cards, complete with data chips, which have the personal data of the legitimate owners.

They will be scanned at entrances to the stadium arena and again at the turnstiles. The fan will have to then produce photographic identity.

Supt John Graves, of Greater Manchester Police, said: "The vast majority of fans are genuine supporters and we want them to have a good night, cheer on the team and enjoy themselves.

"We are determined to stop known troublemakers from spoiling the enjoyment of genuine fans.

"I hope fans share my hope that everyone who goes to Rome will behave impeccably."

A Manchester Airport spokesman said they were expected about 20,000 extra passengers early next week and will have more staff on duty.

A 0-0 draw with Arsenal on Saturday gave United their 18th league crown, and equalled the record of rivals Liverpool.