Gaming Tom Clancy's - The Division | Division 2 announced

Levo

Band of Brothers
My internet where I am isn't great so no point with the beta, it'll take me the period to download it :lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
It's probably unfair to judge a early stage demo run on a PS2 to be fair...

But in all honesty, it does look really average. Graphics are nothing special, and them aiming comes straight from 10 yr old GTA games :lol:
When this was first announced, me and friends at work where so hyped for this game, but now, like watchdogs, its taken to long to come out, and all that hype has diminished.

Siege wasn't great either...Wasted money there.
Just hope the new Ghost Recon has some success

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
After lots of early hype and desire to play this I've decided that I will play the beta and decide whether to commit to the full price purchase thereafter. Looks like a game I'd definitely get at some point, it's just a case of whether the initial hype warrants the full fee.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Yeah, looks fantastic, but then again so did The Division launch trailer. :(
I can't remember which event they were both 'previewed' at, but at the time I was way more excited for GRW than The Division. Fingers crossed.

You on FIFA tonight?

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I can't remember which event they were both 'previewed' at, but at the time I was way more excited for GRW than The Division. Fingers crossed.

You on FIFA tonight?
I'll probably still buy it tbh :lol:, would like a new open world MP game to play again. And supposedly it's a 1:1 recreation of Manhattan and the surrounding islands so it should be fun to explore at least.

FIFA or GTA, I'll see which one.

Ainu

So is there any single player on this?
Ubisoft claim it's very suited to solo play, but obviously co-op will be more fun. From my experience this type of game isn't really worth it if you're planning solo play though.

I'm on the fence about it. The world design has become pretty bland since the spectacular gameplay trailer a few years back. The gameplay itself doesn't look too inspired either. The closer we're getting to the release, the lower my expectations are becoming, and that's not a good sign.

Last edited:

Redo91

Ubisoft claim it's very suited to solo play, but obviously co-op will be more fun. From my experience this type of game isn't really worth it if you're planning solo play though.

I'm on the fence about it. The world design has become pretty bland since the spectacular gameplay trailer a few years back. The gameplay itself doesn't look too insipred either. The closer we're getting to the release, the lower my expectations are becoming, and that's not a good sign.
Cheers! Ya I'm going to hold off til I hear a few reviews before deciding on this one.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Comparison video showing the E3 footage with the actual:

Have to say am losing interest in this - the graphics have been seriously stripped back. Not the most important thing, but reading other reports of the game marks it as one to miss I think.

Brocky

Comparison video showing the E3 footage with the actual:

Have to say am losing interest in this - the graphics have been seriously stripped back. Not the most important thing, but reading other reports of the game marks it as one to miss I think.
That's comparing a version running on a top-end PC to an XBone that's not even running at 1080p, to be fair. Of course, it does seem that there's still been a downgrade in the visuals, but that happens with most games.

Ainu

That's comparing a version running on a top-end PC to an XBone that's not even running at 1080p, to be fair. Of course, it does seem that there's still been a downgrade in the visuals, but that happens with most games.
There seems to be a massive downgrade in the attention to detail in the environments, that's not something you can just explain as the difference between a high-end pc and Xbox One. It's almost a generational difference between the two versions. Ubisoft is particularly bad at this sort of thing. This is not exactly a Witcher 3 style downgrade, it's Watchdogs all over again.

Brocky

There seems to be a massive downgrade in the attention to detail in the environments, that's not something you can just explain as the difference between a high-end pc and Xbox One. It's almost a generational difference between the two versions. Ubisoft is particularly bad at this sort of thing. This is not exactly a Witcher 3 style downgrade, it's Watchdogs all over again.
So you're saying that the difference of a high-end PC, likely running at 4k and an XBone running at less than 1080p is a negligible difference? The difference is huge! Thus, it's unfair to base judgement on the difference between those two videos.

There has likely been a downgrade in quality, as that seems to be the way that things are done these days with most developers....but you really can't compare those two videos.

Ainu

So you're saying that the difference of a high-end PC, likely running at 4k and an XBone running at less than 1080p is a negligible difference? The difference is huge! Thus, it's unfair to base judgement on the difference between those two videos.

There has likely been a downgrade in quality, as that seems to be the way that things are done these days with most developers....but you really can't compare those two videos.
I don't see what 4k vs 1080p has to do with what I said. I specifically mentioned how much lower the level of detail is. The world creation seems of a much lower level in the recent gameplay videos. Lower resolution, lesser lighting and shadowing, all those things would be along the line of expectations when going from a high-end pc to a console. But the massive loss in world detail doesn't fit that narrative if you ask me.

Brocky

I don't see what 4k vs 1080p has to do with what I said. I specifically mentioned how much lower the level of detail is. The world creation seems of a much lower level in the recent gameplay videos. Lower resolution, lesser lighting and shadowing, all those things would be along the line of expectations when going from a high-end pc to a console. But the massive loss in world detail doesn't fit that narrative if you ask me.
Ah, ok. I misread and focused in on the 'generational difference between the two versions' bit. Apologies.

Yeah, there is definitely a noticeable difference in the amount and detail of objects in the world. That's potentially something that may be improved via settings on the PC version but, Ubisoft being Ubisoft, it's unlikely.

FWIW, that XBone version isn't even 1080p, apparently.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Ubisoft promise everything, deliver nothing :lol:
So true. :lol:

I think they're on par with EA nowadays in terms of cuntishness, but at least EA have Battlefield.

Ubisoft has nothing to offer me personally, just endless amounts of open worldy, checklist ticking time sinks.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm excited with this to be honest, but not to the point of changing my pants.

It's the RPG/FPS things that interest me, you can upgrade skill / get a base / expand your network, etc.

I'm fine with stripped graphics, it's all about gameplay for me. But sadly my computer are probably to laggy to play this game, not to mention MP is out of the question with 3rd world ISP :(

Brocky

http://blog.ubi.com/8-facts-about-the-pc-version-of-the-division/

Hi-res 4K shots:-
http://ec0c5a7f741a6f3bff65-dd07187...5.r85.cf1.rackcdn.com/images/rR0vnwwZQ0WN.jpg
http://0cb8dd5d2dc142d08f0f-eb3b436d...3PxUhtT1uX.jpg

From the comments at the bottom of the page;

mattsslug 3 hours ago
The screen shots in this blog entry look more like the original game shown some time ago, does this mean the PC version has not received the same downgrade in quality that the console versions have...otherwise these shots could very easily be considered false advertising.

Giancarlo_Ubi 3 hours ago
@mattsslug These shots are indeed from the PC version of the game.
I'm still slightly sceptical, as those shots could be pre-rendered and not gameplay....but it's definitely encouraging.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I feel this game will be more about gameplay for me than graphics tbh, I'd take downgraded graphics all day long as long as the game is fun to play.

Hal9000

I feel this game will be more about gameplay for me than graphics tbh, I'd take downgraded graphics all day long as long as the game is fun to play.
I think when it comes to E3, you expect most games shown to be eventually downgraded, especially when it comes to Ubisoft.

I'm not to fussed about the graphics downgrade, look at Fallout 4, dated graphically but still fun. I'm more concerned about the map being downsized... well not downsized... locked for obvious future DLC....

FC Ronaldo

How big is it on ps4? I've had my code sent through today but I'm not home till tomorrow evening to start the download.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I have this on pre order for the PS4 through amazon.

there should be a code I presume?

FC Ronaldo

I have this on pre order for the PS4 through amazon.

there should be a code I presume?
Same as me mate. I had an email this morning with my code. Though I did sign up online in advance. Check your junk folder for an email or log into Amazon, you should have a code to register for the beta with Ubisoft directly.