Gaming Tom Clancy's - The Division | Division 2 announced

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Hmm, dunno what's going on. I bought 2x beta codes and I just redeemed one on the Tom Clancy website, chose PS4 and it said great - we will email you your code.

Then I tried to register again for the PC platform and it says already registered so it won't let me redeem a second code. I also haven't received any email with my code for PSN.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Hmm, dunno what's going on. I bought 2x beta codes and I just redeemed one on the Tom Clancy website, chose PS4 and it said great - we will email you your code.

Then I tried to register again for the PC platform and it says already registered so it won't let me redeem a second code. I also haven't received any email with my code for PSN.
Wait an hour or so for you to get the code in your email, or sign in and go to this link to see if a code is there: https://account-uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/beta-access

There's no code for me on that link but I got one in my email

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Joined @Brocky in a party but could not see him nor could i hear him because of some NAT nonsense :(

Kaos

Seems like its poorly optimised for the PC, or it could just be nVidia users.

So far it seems relatively fun, but I can't help but shake off how much it feels like Destiny. Could see myself getting bored of this pretty quickly.

Brocky

Got to say that I am impressed. Played for pretty much 14 hours straight and had a blast. Considering that there's acres more map and DZ, crafting, better loot, a whole story, building up your base and masses more action, then it's definitely living up to my expectations.

The people e-raging about the graphics downgrade and the enemies being 'bullet sponges' were completely missing the point. The hype about this game should be formed around the gameplay and, so far, it's living up to it, imo.

Just about to give it a go on PC.

Neelu

I like the absence of annoying loading screens. Disappointed with the content available in the beta but given the size of the map, its clear that the full game will not be short on that front. Still have to check out Dark Zone properly with a crew, though I did enjoy the tension and paranoia it creates.

onlyoneunited

Teleportation and seeking bullet hacks have already found their way into the PVP sections sadly. Doesn't bode well for that part, but the rest of it is nice so far.

Neelu

Is it basically another Destiny then?
Got more to it than Destiny I'd say with things like base building and crafting. PvP is also completely different though I feel it would not be enjoyable for solo players.

Cina

Got more to it than Destiny I'd say with things like base building and crafting. PvP is also completely different though I feel it would not be enjoyable for solo players.
As in the PvP wouldn't be or the game in general?

Brocky

Been playing on PC for a few hours. It's so much better than on PS4 with a controller and looks so much better, obviously. Think I will have to buy this on both platforms.

@afrocentricity - Are you planning on getting this on PC, by any chance?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I fecked up. Me, Brocky and CZ were in the Dark Zone and someone followed us. I tried to inspect the player and ended up shooting him dead... whoops

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So what's this like so far? As good as it was expected?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Been playing on PC for a few hours. It's so much better than on PS4 with a controller and looks so much better, obviously. Think I will have to buy this on both platforms.

@afrocentricity - Are you planning on getting this on PC, by any chance?
Doubt it, tend to get multiplayer stuff on ps4 unless it's mmo... So it's good huh?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
So are we getting this then?

Hal9000

Think my only issue with this, is if you want Dark Zone keys and better amounts of Dark Zone Cash, you have to rogue and gun down other players. Grinding out NPC's takes far to long.

Saying that i do like the Rogue Agent dynamic, especially when a man hunt mission going on. Last night had four friends in a group, all pretty much stacked with higher end guns and armour, and being dicks to other groups was pretty fun.

We just sat at the top of the car park extraction zone, letting other groups call in choppers and then massacring them in one hit once the rope drops.