Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS18

First in a while. Good for him personally, wasn't enough to prevent Watford losing again though. Getting a bit dicey for them down at the bottom, the spell where Tom was out injured and then suspended seems to have coincided with a major slump in form.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Surely he will be with the first team squad next season.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Surely he will be with the first team squad next season.
You'd certainly think so.He offers goals,commitment,energy pretty much everything that Utd players need. Now we need to see if he can make the transition form Championship to PL

x42bn6

Anyone any idea why his contract situation hasn't been resolved yet? You would think it would be a priority for the club to sort out but i have heard both he and the club state his desire to stay.
I don't think anyone knows. :( He's been back to Old Trafford once or twice (injuries, suspension, seeing how we train in the first team) so we are definitely in contact with him and likely prodding him with a pen and paper.

We didn't sell him in January nor seemed to ever look to do so (Premier League teams would be interested, or at least Championship promotion contenders), so we clearly want to keep him (except for the fact he hasn't signed).

prateik

watford lost again
this time to palace ... in a relegation fight now
looks like cleverley was their best player ..

they were doing very well till dec.. then they had financial troubles , were close to going into administration .. season has fallen apart since then

hope they can get their act together ..

Inigo Montoya

Bolton linked with loan move for Tom Cleverley but that has been played down by the Daily Mail, and Darren Ferguson doesn't think he will get him for Preston after chatting to his Dad

"Tom Cleverley won't be going out on loan next season, he'll be at United. He is a big part of their first-team plans. Tom is player I know plenty about, I tried to get him when I was at Peterborough. The lad is a good player, he wouldn't be at United if he wasn't. There is no truth in the fact that he is going to come here, or for that matter, anywhere else. I'm pretty certain of that after speaking to my dad, he's going back to United. People of his age, players like Danny Welbeck, will go out on loan for a certain period of time and then that's them."

Decotron

Interesting match for him today. Home to West Brom and hes playing just off a lone striker.

Opinions here seem a little split on where he may end up playing. Im still think hes an attacking midfielder. His timing reminds me of young ginger lad before he dropped back into midfield.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He can be a perfect player for our 4-5-1 formation, really have high hopes for him.

Crerand Legend

It will be interesting to see how he gets on next season. No one can say for sure yet how will perform at the highest level but his progression has continued at a steady rate and I fancy that to continue

MarkC

Just been injured and taken off the hospital apparantly. Saying it's a nasty injuries with cruciates being talked about. Speculation obviously but must be quite serious.

Doevle

Hopefully he'll be fit by next season. Looked forward to seeing him in preseason though:(

PS18

Just seen it on SSN, does not look good. Looks like his knee bends completely the wrong way, would be very surprised if that's not cruciate damage. Desperately unfortunate if it is.

Inigo Montoya

Best player again today by all accounts.

Let's hope it's not ligament damage and he makes a speedy recovery for next season

x42bn6

Olsson, the WBA left back, went to clear the ball upfield and out of his own half. He was in front of the Rous side linesman.

Tom Cleverley ran across at coming in from Olsson's right side to tackle/intercept/close down just as Olsson struck the ball.

Olsson's follow through struck Cleverley's right leg about the knee very hard completely side on, bending it the way it isn't designed by God to pivot.

Cleverley went straight down in agony, his right leg a tad wonky. He couldn't move or get up.

It looked like shattered knee ligaments or a broken leg.

The medical shielded the injury as they put Tom on the stretcher and gave him oxygen straightaway

The lino didn't blink and the ref missed it as he was watching the ball.

No free kick given either, but Olsson was the man in possession and cannot be blamed as I don't believe he had the intent.

A genuine unfortunate footballing incident. Tom has gone racing in like this many times.

I only hope he will recover fully.
WFC Forums - View Single Post - WBA Team and reaction

:(

datura

Terrible news for him, hopefully it isn't as serious as it looked.

MUTV ran an interview with SAF last week and he said that the intention was to draft Cleverley into the first team squad next season and spoke very highly of him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Just been injured and taken off the hospital apparantly. Saying it's a nasty injuries with cruciates being talked about. Speculation obviously but must be quite serious.
According to their Manager, Cleverley hasn't been taken to the hospital. Fingers crossed that injury isn't as serious as we all thought

Status
Not open for further replies.