Tomasz Kuszczak could quit Manchester United

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
We rejected couple of offers for him in the january, and let him go for free few months later, interesting.

Count Orduck

As far as I recall, PIG never conceded a fifty-yard freekick to knock his team out of the Champions League.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Good luck to him. Here's an interview with him on Brighton's website:

Tomasz Kuszczak believes he can return to the Premier League in the colours of Brighton & Hove Albion.

The goalkeeper, 30, has agreed a two-year deal following his release from Manchester United and despite interest from clubs both in England and abroad, he opted for the Amex Stadium, citing the club's undoubted potential.

He told seagulls.co.uk, "I have played Premier League football for eight years, with West Bromwich Albion and Manchester United, and I believe the structure is in place here to join them.

"The manager and coaching staff, the team, stadium, crowds, through to the plans for the new training ground, everything is geared up for playing at the highest level and I could sense that ambition to be a top club straight away.

"Also when I played against Brighton last season, while on loan at Watford, I was very impressed with the way the team played - it was totally different to the rest of the Championship and more like what I was used to at Manchester United.

"This team likes to pass the ball, they like to create, they are attractive to watch. The way Brighton play is the future of football. I had other clubs who wanted to sign me but my heart told me that this was the right choice."

Kuszczak, a Polish international with ten caps, made more than 60 appearances during his time at Old Trafford and while he comes with bags of experience, he is not taking his place in the side for granted.

"I have come here to play but I know Casper Ankergren and Peter Brezovan are both very good keepers. They have played their part in helping Brighton get to this level and there will be real competition for a place in the team - but I am prepared for that.

"I have to be as clinical as possible and work hard on the training ground to establish myself in the position, but I also hope the experiences that I've built up during my time in England can help the team get to where it wants to be."

Kuszczak enjoyed a successful loan spell at Vicarage Road during the second half of last season and he is anticipating another keenly fought Championship campaign.

"I found the division to be a close one - there's not a great deal between many of the teams. I'm sure it will be another tough season with plenty of clubs hoping for promotion.

"While we share that ambition, we need to prove it on the pitch but I'm sure the desire of all the players here is to keep improving. It won't be an easy by any means, but we can have a really successful and exciting season.

"I spent eight years in the Premier League and that is where I want to be again. I believe I can get there with Brighton because this club is heading in only one direction, and I want to play my part in helping us get there."
Source: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2816884,00.html

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Wow, I thought he was going to move to another Premier League club or go abroad. I know little about Brighton but they've never looked like promotion contenders when I checked.

Ekeke

Signed for Brighton.
Finally.

I remember predicting when Foster went to Brum that PIG wouldnt find a premier league club. Nothing against him, wish him good luck and I'm sure he'll be an inspired signing for Brighton.

ricky-romeo

kuszczak is more than a good signing for a championship club. at his age he needs to be playing every week. good luck PIG!

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Good luck to him.

I was actually glad when he first signed for us. Thought he was the ideal backup keeper at the time. it just didnt work out for him with us.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Good luck to him.

I was actually glad when he first signed for us. Thought he was the ideal backup keeper at the time. it just didnt work out for him with us.
Yeah I thought so too, he had a cracking end of season with WBA at the times. Remember he had an inspired game against us at OT when Hoult was taken off.

Good luck to him though.

Stretch

Good luck to him. Surprised he ended up at Brighton though, no disrespect to Brighton but going from United to them is a huge step down.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Im glad for him. He will be playing regular football at a club who is of his own standard

NewDawnFades

Almost always did well as a stand in and never really got a run of games to prove himself but was never going to have a chance when we had VDS. Seemed back then the guy could have no 1 at a mid table or even top 8 side if he'd stayed at West Brom and waited for a big move where he'd be first choice.

Shame that it ended on bad terms with him being kept in the reserves when he was desperate to leave to get recognition with the national side. At the end of the day we big clubs can hurt players careers by signing them as back up but they know its a gamble when they are taking a step up and they get a good wage along with the honour of representing this club, so you can't feel too bad for him.

Good luck piggy

davisjw

If he was Dutch, he would of been given more games. Kidding.

Good for him. He was a great back up keeper for us. His distribution was poor and he always looked a bit nervous, but his shot stopping is top notch as well as his positioning. I only wish him the best.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Find it hard to believe that Fergie would give a player more games on the basis of nationality!

Wish him all the best. He's an excellent shot stopper, but was just missing that little bit extra.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If he was Dutch, he would of been given more games. Kidding.

Good for him. He was a great back up keeper for us. His distribution was poor and he always looked a bit nervous, but his shot stopping is top notch as well as his positioning. I only wish him the best.
Are you suggesting that saf gives preference to people coming from specific nations?

Unam333

Kuszczak is too good for the Championship. I rate Kuszczak higher than Foster and Foster had no problem finding a club in the Premier League.

Ekeke

Kuszczak is too good for the Championship. I rate Kuszczak higher than Foster and Foster had no problem finding a club in the Premier League.
Unfortunately football disagrees with you.

PIG goes on a free to Brighton

Foster was bought for £4 million, media suggesting it rises to £6 million with add ons by Birmingham in the premier league.

Unam333

Unfortunately football disagrees with you.

PIG goes on a free to Brighton

Foster was bought for £4 million, media suggesting it rises to £6 million with add ons by Birmingham in the premier league.
Surely, I'm not the only one who thinks Kuszczak is better than Foster? On ability, I rate Kuszczak higher. Sure, Foster is English and younger, but it's all about performances, right?