Toni Kroos | Madridista

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You could be right but the cynic in me says he met with Moyes to set alarm bells ringing at Bayern.
Obviously I hope it was more than that, I would definitely be more excited by the prospect of him coming than any other signing in recent years.
Maybe Bayern will play his bluff especially since a certain Gundogan may soon be available.

Varun

Staff
Do we really need them? I mean we got Valencia and Cleverley remember?
I wouldnt want someone like Kroos coming in and stalling Clev's growth here. Valencia is a lost cause though.

trololololol..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I wouldnt want someone like Kroos coming in and stalling Clev's growth here. Valencia is a lost cause though.

trololololol..
With all due respect but if Clev is good then he will win back his place. Fletcher is the classic example of this. At one point he was 5th choice behind Scholes and new signings Hargreaves, Ando and Carrick. He won his place back only to lose it because of his illness. Now he's back and he's currently our second best CM behind Carrick.

Its time for our players to start earning again their position at OT. Even the great Paul Scholes had to first fight for each first team cap against the likes of Butt, Ince and Cantona and had to fend the then second most rated playmaker of his generation (JSV) from taking his place. What had Cleverley done to deserve being considered first teamer?

kps88

Bayern have admitted it's a matter of money and the next day Kroos' agent is seen cosying up to Moyes? This is the most blatant negotiation tactic ever.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Midfielder? And a fecking good one too? Will.Not.Happen.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
With all due respect but if Clev is good then he will win back his place. Fletcher is the classic example of this. At one point he was 5th choice behind Scholes and new signings Hargreaves, Ando and Carrick. He won his place back only to lose it because of his illness. Now he's back and he's currently our second best CM behind Carrick.

Its time for our players to start earning again their position at OT. Even the great Paul Scholes had to first fight for each first team cap against the likes of Butt, Ince and Cantona and had to fend the then second most rated playmaker of his generation (JSV) from taking his place. What had Cleverley done to deserve being considered first teamer?
I may be wrong....but I think he was Wumming ;)

MDFC Manager

As has been mentioned, I think it's typical agent show to get an upper hand in contract negotiations. However it's not a bad idea to be on good terms when these guys, especially if they also represent other players who we might be interested in.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Buy him the feck, buy him!!!!!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
As has been mentioned, I think it's typical agent show to get an upper hand in contract negotiations. However it's not a bad idea to be on good terms when these guys, especially if they also represent other players who we might be interested in.
Reus.

Bojan11

trololololol..

White text.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Hey look everyone! Here is a picture of Moyes with Kroos agent the other night.

Moyes has been circled by the media just so you can't miss him....

Dracula

caf plane air-master
This signing makes sense. Contract wise same situation as say rooney is now or rvp was when we got him so the fee wouldnt be ridiculous. He isnt 'the best' there is so likes of psg/chelsea might want someone more established, but have no doubt...this guy has potential, hes on a par with thiago, probably better at this moment.

Too good to be true!

arthurka

Dont want...

Only kidding... What the f was Moyes doing with Kroos agent? He sat with him in the stands too..

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I do vaguely remember that! Has Kroos not been getting a game at bayern?

Would be surprised if they let him leave because isn't he a homegrown player?
He's been getting plenty of games. The issue is that his contract expires end of next season and Bayern and him haven't come to an agreement about wages. If they haven't extended his contract, he'll have one year left on his contract this summer.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Dont want...

Only kidding... What the f was Moyes doing with Kroos agent? He sat with him in the stands too..
The fact that the agent decided to make the contact public makes me tend to believe that it was just a negotiating tactic to get a better deal for his client with Bayern..

DevilRed

He's been getting plenty of games. The issue is that his contract expires end of next season and Bayern and him haven't come to an agreement about wages. If they haven't extended his contract, he'll have one year left on his contract this summer.
It'd be a bit like trying to pry Danny Welbeck away from Manchester United though.

Bojan11

The fact that the agent decided to make the contact public makes me tend to believe that it was just a negotiating tactic to get a better deal for his client with Bayern..
Could be for Reus and the agent is trolling Bayern.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Talk earlier this week in Germany was that Kroos isn't pleased financially with the contract Bayern have tabled and this came out after Rummenigge declared they're finding difficulties renewing his contract.

Dracula

caf plane air-master

Was this picture last night or earlier? Would be very interesting if thats a seperate night.

Most certainly kroos will sign another contract, it would take something big to be tempted away from such a great side.

Still... At least we seem to be making moves

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Looks like the deal has been done. The agent has the wad of cash and Moyes has the pay slip.

MDFC Manager

The meeting at the game might have been a chance meeting but being pictured outside/separate location? Something is going on :drool: Possibly Reus, as someone said.

arthurka

Its about time we get Spanish and German players in... Even Wenger ditched his beloved French for Germans..

arthurka

Well Bayern came out and said they are
are struggling with his contract and normally agents just spew about us being interested.. This is a whole new level... There might be something in this..

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's 1 thing to use the press and link names with people, but to visibly be seen with another manager? that's a bit extreme.

Sure they may be playing hardball and Dave might just be saying a friendly hello, but let's hope there is something more in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.