Toni Kroos | Madridista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
The fact that the agent decided to make the contact public makes me tend to believe that it was just a negotiating tactic to get a better deal for his client with Bayern..
Bayern themselves came out and said that the contract renewal negotiations were stalling due to Kroos wanting more money.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
The fact that the agent decided to make the contact public makes me tend to believe that it was just a negotiating tactic to get a better deal for his client with Bayern..
His agent doesn't need to use these sort of tactics. Kroos already told Bayern he's not happy with the money they offered. They know they need to offer more if they want him to stay and they can't stall because his contract expires in 2015. He could just move for a big money offer in a year's time and Bayern would gain nothing from it.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Well Bayern came out and said they are
are struggling with his contract and normally agents just spew about us being interested.. This is a whole new level... There might be something in this..
It's 1 thing to use the press and link names with people, but to visibly be seen with another manager? that's a bit extreme.

Sure they may be playing hardball and Dave might just be saying a friendly hello, but let's hope there is something more in this.
His agent doesn't need to use these sort of tactics. Kroos already told Bayern he's not happy with the money they offered. They know they need to offer more if they want him to stay and they can't stall because his contract expires in 2015. He could just move for a big money offer in a year's time and Bayern would gain nothing from it.
The thing is, if you're Kroos, would you prefer moving away in January or finishing this season with Bayern and then move in the Summer?

Siorac

His agent doesn't need to use these sort of tactics. Kroos already told Bayern he's not happy with the money they offered. They know they need to offer more if they want him to stay and they can't stall because his contract expires in 2015. He could just move for a big money offer in a year's time.
Showing that there's actual interest in him from a club which he might be willing to join is never a bad thing when it comes to squeezing more money from his club though.

I believe it will end up with Bayern giving him what he wants.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
There must be something in it.

I bet Kroos is looking around at all the star players at Bayern on higher wages than him and wondering why he isn't getting paid the same. Loyalty goes both ways, if they don't want to pay him market value simply because he's a youth product and they think they can get away with it, then I wouldn't say that it's completely unlikely that he'd look for a move.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
We really wouldn't care though. If we think he's useful in the team for another year and he doesn't want to extend his contract because of money (we're certainly not offering peanuts), he can leave on a free in 2015. We did the same with Ballack when Madrid offered silly money and let him go on a free to Chelsea a year later, and we would have done the same with Ribery, had he not changed his mind (or better fecked up his private life which lead to Real loosing interest).

Siorac

We really wouldn't care though. If we think he's useful in the team for another year and he doesn't want to extend his contract because of money (we're certainly not offering peanuts), he can leave on a free in 2015. We did the same with Ballack when Madrid offered silly money and let him go on a free to Chelsea a year later, and we would have done the same with Ribery, had he not changed his mind (or better fecked up his private life which lead to Real loosing interest).
So what you're saying is all you need to do is trap Kroos with an underage prostitute.

Nice tactic, we could try the same with Rooney. Though underage obviously wouldn't work with him.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
So what you're saying is all you need to do is trap Kroos with an underage prostitute.

Nice tactic, we could try the same with Rooney. Though underage obviously wouldn't work with him.
Depends, would United loose interest because of that? :lol:

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Ziegler the keeper was but don't think he ever played a first team match.

Siorac

Depends, would United loose interest because of that? :lol:
Just so you know, we're a morally upstanding club. We do not tolerate transgressions like that. When our players are fecking around, they are doing so with women, men and other sentient beings of legal age.

Varun

Staff
With all due respect but if Clev is good then he will win back his place. Fletcher is the classic example of this. At one point he was 5th choice behind Scholes and new signings Hargreaves, Ando and Carrick. He won his place back only to lose it because of his illness. Now he's back and he's currently our second best CM behind Carrick.

Its time for our players to start earning again their position at OT. Even the great Paul Scholes had to first fight for each first team cap against the likes of Butt, Ince and Cantona and had to fend the then second most rated playmaker of his generation (JSV) from taking his place. What had Cleverley done to deserve being considered first teamer?
I wasnt being serious.

Mainoldo

If we stump up the cash and he has a desire to leave we might be able to get him this window. Not really there main priority when you think of all the midfield talent they have. How long is the Swein out for?

Brocky

My posts from the other thread:

Bayern´s Kroos talks stall
23 January 2014

Bayern Munich are still trying to convince midfielder Toni Kroos to sign a new deal, chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has revealed.

The 24-year-old Germany international sees his current contract expire next year and the Bavarian giants are desperate for him to commit his future to the club.

But those talks have stalled, with Bayern – who have recently seen David Alaba and Jerome Boateng sign contract extensions – still battling to secure the signature of Kroos.

"To be honest…because the talks so far have not led to a new contract…it's always about the money in every agreement," Rummenigge told Kicker.

"We are interested that Toni prolongs his contract."
Although I guess we've pretty much blown our muppet load on Mata for this window, I think that we should definitely be sniffing round this situation, at the very least.

Kroos seems to go very much under the radar outside of Germany, but he's a quality player and exactly the type of midfielder we need, imo.

:drool:

Dare I say it....he should be ginger!

Holy scheise, bratwurst man!!

I forsaw this last night!

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/toni-kroos.235372/page-7#post-14920477

I'd go full muppet for this lad.

Sascha Breese - Kroos' agent.

The agency apears to be called Sports Total. The only other players I can find as being clients are Götze & Eren Derdiyok...

*Edit* - Scratch that...

http://www.sportstotal.com/en/players/
I really hope that there is something in this. I've touted him, in my circle of friends, as the replacement for Scholes since The Ginger Prince first retired. I've largely been dismissed, as they either don't know anything about Kroos, or they just see him as a Bayern lifer.

Full muppet on this one! :drool:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Kroos & Mata would be the serious acquisitions Sir Alex failed to make, to somehow in some form truly replace class for class when it comes to Scholes and Giggs.

Not that I expect this one to be fair. But the muppet inside me has grown, so I must embrace this speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.