g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Toni Kroos | Madridista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Winger

Kroos & Mata would be the serious acquisitions Sir Alex failed to make
Failed to make, or didn't need to make? We were winning under Fergie, you know;)

No one expected us to drop so far outside the top 4 and get knocked out of both domestic cups by mid-January. These results must have been shocking for both Fergie and the club. No one in their right mind would expect the Champions to do this badly. Fergie probably has loads of confidence, but even he probably wouldn't believe that he made a 20 points difference:lol:

Varun

Staff
Wait, hold on just a second...did I read that Moyes was there to scout that useless lump of shite, mandrake, or whatever his shit name is?

feck me, that better be a lie.
Mandzukic.

Cant be true, dont worry.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wait, hold on just a second...did I read that Moyes was there to scout that useless lump of shite, mandrake, or whatever his shit name is?

:lol:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Failed to make, or didn't need to make? We were winning under Fergie, you know;)

No one expected us to drop so far outside the top 4 and get knocked out of both domestic cups by mid-January. These results must have been shocking for both Fergie and the club. No one in their right mind would expect the Champions to do this badly. Fergie probably has loads of confidence, but even he probably wouldn't believe that he made a 20 points difference:lol:
Strengthening when you're strong, particularly in areas we failed to replace would've made us stronger no?

Sir Alex's investments 2009 onwards didn't do enough to properly replace key players like Giggs and Scholes and that is an undeniable fact, regardless of success. It's certainly made David Moyes' job more difficult!

Mad Winger

Sir Alex's investments 2009 onwards didn't do enough to properly replace key players like Giggs and Scholes and that is an undeniable fact, regardless of success. It's certainly made David Moyes' job more difficult!
Moyes hasn't signed a single Scholes or Giggs-like player either, tbf. He's brought in Fellaini and a "better" Kagawa.

Fergie's transfers since 2009 haven't been that bad imo. Valencia, Hernandez, DDG, RVP and Kagawa isn't a bad lot. Valencia was obviously signed to try and fill the void left after Ronaldo. And while that didn't work, at least Valencia was very good up until last season. But Fergie retired before he had time to fix this.

Fergie may have ignored the central midfield for too long, but what if we genuinely couldn't sign anyone that was considered good enough for our starting XI? We don't know what happens behind the scenes. For all we know, the Glazers didn't open their eyes before now, after seeing United in 7th place. They might just have taken it for granted that United are best in England. At the end of the day, we were still either winning or close to every season. And last season we did well in the CL. We went out because of a ref, not because of incompetence.

At the end of the day, it's harsh to blame Fergie for anything.

LARulz

He's fecking utter dross. Not anywhere near the top 20 strikers in the world, so he isn't welcome here.
Moyes signed him in FM and was the top scorer in the league for 2 years...... then sold him :wenger:

But I don't want him. He's not at all needed

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Oh fs I've been ignoring this thread because I never heard of the guy.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
@Mad Winger

Mata isn't a better Kagawa. He's better and he's a number 10, but the similarity with Kagawa pretty much ends there. They play the role completely differently.

Genius Me!

Is there any thread where mad winger doesn't bring up kagawa ffs?

Melvyn

prostate examiner

Had a good laugh, cheers. Mandrake.

NotoriousISSY

Moyes hasn't signed a single Scholes or Giggs-like player either, tbf. He's brought in Fellaini and a "better" Kagawa.

Fergie's transfers since 2009 haven't been that bad imo. Valencia, Hernandez, DDG, RVP and Kagawa isn't a bad lot. Valencia was obviously signed to try and fill the void left after Ronaldo. And while that didn't work, at least Valencia was very good up until last season. But Fergie retired before he had time to fix this.

Fergie may have ignored the central midfield for too long, but what if we genuinely couldn't sign anyone that was considered good enough for our starting XI? We don't know what happens behind the scenes. For all we know, the Glazers didn't open their eyes before now, after seeing United in 7th place. They might just have taken it for granted that United are best in England. At the end of the day, we were still either winning or close to every season. And last season we did well in the CL. We went out because of a ref, not because of incompetence.

What are you talking about? Mata is a top class player who would improve all but 3 teams in the world! Kagawa isn't in his class, as good as he was, can be, or will be.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

Shut the feck up!

Mad Winger

What are you talking about? Mata is a top class player who would improve all but 3 teams in the world! Kagawa isn't in his class, as good as he was, can be, or will be.
Mata is obviously a big star, but he's very different from Scholes and Giggs. THAT was the point I was trying to make!:lol:

The CM is pretty much the same as it was under Fergie... So no, I don't think Moyes deserves "transfer credit" just yet. Good that he could bring in Mata, but he stills plays in a position we don't particularly need(unless we change our style completely). And I'm just paraphrasing Gary Neville there.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's German, he's world class, he plays for Bayern. We have as much chance of getting him as Inter did of getting Scholes.

(How brilliant was the football Bayern played in that Kroos highlight video? Slick one-two touch passing. I need to watch me some Bundesliga.)

NotoriousISSY

Mata is obviously a big star, but he's very different from Scholes and Giggs. THAT was the point I was trying to make!:lol:

The CM is pretty much the same as it was under Fergie... So no, I don't think Moyes deserves "transfer credit" just yet. Good that he could bring in Mata, but he stills plays in a position we don't particularly need(unless we change our style completely). And I'm just paraphrasing Gary Neville there.
You're not understanding my point. I'm not saying he is Giggs or Scholes, I'm saying we ignored replacing them with class players for far too long and got away with it due to a the best manager in the world and a host of quality forwards.

Signing a talent like Mata is arguably part of the Giggs retirement plan...even though he's not Giggs and won't do as much as Giggs.

Brocky

Kroos is a CM too ffs...doesnt matter anyway. These German players are almost automatons and rarely break rank..especially from Bayern. He is posturing for a better deal. I think Moyes was watching Herrmann.
He seems to have spent a lot of time with Breese, though. Reports say that he was with him as they arrived at the stadium and then the photos are of them in the crowd.

Breese has no link to Hermann.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What the hell is this thread title :lol:

Always cute when people try to use a foreign language....

NotoriousISSY

So let's say we lose Rooney and RVP and replace them with a world class CM. Would that be considered replacing RVP and Rooney?
When @akash02 said to shut the feck up...he meant it for your own credibility. What are you talking about?

Anyway we're derailing the Kroos thread. He's German, a CM and I want him and would in someway be considered a genuine class replacement for Scholes which we've failed to do twice. It probably won't happen and that's that.

Genius Me!

Did mad winger really call fergie a bastard? What a bell.

Brocky

Boy, I'm glad that there are not umpteen threads already discussing Fergie vs Moyes & Mata vs Kagawa and general United debates. That means that we can have ALL those discussions in this thread, instead! Get in!!

Mad Winger

What are you talking about?
You said that Fergie didn't do enough to replace Giggs and Scholes, and argue that Moyes is doing just that by bringing in Mata. I don't see the connection. By this logic, Fergie did the same thing by signing the likes of Valencia, Kagawa and RVP.

Mata is an awesome signing and I'm really happy about it, but I think it's way too soon to declare that Moyes and Woodward are transfer geniuses becauses of this. I feel that's incredibly harsh on Fergie. For all we know, the Glazers didn't really decide to break the bank before now, seeing as we're truly struggling for the first time since they arrived.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.