Toni Kroos | Madridista

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
People bringing up the contract renewal do have a valid point but how many times have managers met with agents if it is just a contract renewal issue. I think inherently there is a problem with Kroos contract and they have back up plans now.

Skywarden

:mad:You cnuts. I thought we had bagged him or something after seeing this thread was bumped up by a hundered over posts at the main page
Was ist los, warum bist du nicht Deutsch spricht?

Brocky

Pure speculation; but you'd have to imagine that Thiago had something in his contract about guaranteed playing time, as that was a big part of him not renewing with Barca, if reports are to be believed.

I'm wondering if Kroos is after a similar thing, especially as he has stepped up this season, and this is possibly the part that has caused the talks to stall.

Enigma_87

You know who
Is there any genuine interest or just papers crap?

Kroos is quality wouldn't mind getting him if the price is below 30m.

Brocky

Is there any genuine interest or just papers crap?

Kroos is quality wouldn't mind getting him if the price is below 30m.
It's known that talks have stalled between him and Bayern.

This is Kroos' agent, Sascha Breese.

He was with Moyes as they entered the stadium last night and they watched the match together. He is part of Sports Total:- http://www.sportstotal.com/en/players/

There were no other clients of Sports Total playing.

That's pretty much all the concrete info we have so far.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I dont watch Bayern a lot but how do they fit Thiago with Kroos?

Enigma_87

You know who
It's known that talks have stalled between him and Bayern.

This is Kroos' agent, Sascha Breese.

He was with Moyes as they entered the stadium last night and they watched the match together. He is part of Sports Total:- http://www.sportstotal.com/en/players/

That's pretty much all the concrete info we have so far.
Thanks.

Seems missed that one. Isn't that agent same one for Reus as well?

Can't see a reason why Bayern would want to let him go. He's the natural replacement for Schweinsteiger in the long term. Depends on whether he wants to wait tho as with Thiago there as well now, his game time will be very limited.

Brocky

Thanks.

Can't see a reason why Bayern would want to let him go. He's the natural replacement for Schweinsteiger in the long term. Depends on whether he wants to wait tho as with Thiago there as well now, his game time will be very limited.
Yes. Reus, obviously, wasn't playing, though.

NoLogo

Thanks.

Not at all. He is Pep's most trusted midfielder atm as it seems and has played every game for Bayern so far.

The only reason he might want to leave and not extend his contract is that he maybe would prefer playing in the PL other then that I doubt there would be much reason for him to go.

His contract runs out at the end of next season so of course Kroos is looking at how much money other clubs are willing to pay him but I'm sure Bayern can and will match whatever other clubs throw at him, I'm fairly certain they want to keep him around for as long as possible.

Varun

Staff
There's only one way we can attract him, money. That's why I cant see it happening.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Thanks.

As far.as i remeber Bayern do not want let.him go. They want to keep him. More if they fail to sign a new cotract i dont see Bayern pushing for a sale. They can afford to keep him until his contract expire.

Jacob

As far.as i remeber Bayern do not want let.him go. They want to keep him. More if they fail to sign a new cotract i dont see Bayern pushing for a sale. They can afford to keep him until his contract expire.
That never happens in reality though. Professional clubs will always let players go if they want to, any money is better than nothing and a player with low and infectious morale.

Jacob

How did we attract Mata? It's not only about money, they need to feel appreciated (not excluding money here) and utilized. Plus, there are loads of players wanting new challenges and jobs abroad. The signing of Mata will help us attract more top players and indicate we are looking to bring in more quality henceforth.

Jacob

Not always but in most cases. Lewandowski run his contract down.
Yeah but that is an extreme case though? I'd imagine Dortmund not wanting to sell to a direct rival in the same country. Lewandowski still pushing for that particular move might have forced them to play rough as well. If Kroos expresses his desire to join us, I am confident they would let him go before the end of his contract. We've done business with them before.

Enigma_87

You know who
Not at all. He is Pep's most trusted midfielder atm as it seems and has played every game for Bayern so far.

The only reason he might want to leave and not extend his contract is that he maybe would prefer playing in the PL other then that I doubt there would be much reason for him to go.

His contract runs out at the end of next season so of course Kroos is looking at how much money other clubs are willing to pay him but I'm sure Bayern can and will match whatever other clubs throw at him, I'm fairly certain they want to keep him around for as long as possible.
Well to be fair for me it's him or Thiago in the lineup when Schweini is fit. Especially with Gotze in the team(although in much more advanced role or on the wing) but restricting Kroos to play in the hole.

Martinez, Schweinsteiger are guaranteed starters when both fit.

Bayern have a lot of quality in the CM/AM positions that Kroos occupies.

Enigma_87

You know who
20-30m changes that IMO. Bayern are well stocked in there can't see a reason why they won't let him go if a good offer comes rather than let him go for free.

For me the Kroos situation is a lot similar to Mata at Chelsea.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
That never happens in reality though. Professional clubs will always let players go if they want to, any money is better than nothing and a player with low and infectious morale.
That happens quite often in Germany actually. Ballack is probably still pissed that Bayern didn't sell him to Madrid with one year left on his contract and forced him to stay that last year which then lead to him going to Chelsea on a free. We banned his agent from the club and happily passed on Real's millions.

Mersault

There's only one way we can attract him, money. That's why I cant see it happening.
If we're willing to - as is rumoured - pay Rooney 300K a week, 50K increase on his current deal, bringing him to the same level as the best players in the world, why wouldn't we be able to financially compete for the best players wagewise?

Though, of course, I find it hard to believe that Kroos would leave a better team, with better players and better structure and a better manager in his home country to come play for us. I'd take it though

NoLogo

Well to be fair for me it's him or Thiago in the lineup when Schweini is fit. Especially with Gotze in the team(although in much more advanced role or on the wing) but restricting Kroos to play in the hole.

Martinez, Schweinsteiger are guaranteed starters when both fit.

Bayern have a lot of quality in the CM/AM positions that Kroos occupies.
I doubt that. Under Heynckes that might have been true but not under Pep. I think Martinez and Schweinsteiger are far from certain as starters. On top of that Lahm still plays as the DM in their 4-1-4-1 formation so either Martinez or Schweinsteiger is going to play that position, on top of that they might actually be competing for the same spot.

Enigma_87

You know who
How so? Did Mata play the most games out of all players at his club when a new manager took over?
Well now yes given the injuries Schweinsteiger and Thiago had, but if all fit will he be guaranteed a starting place in the lineup?

I don't know where does Pep see him in the long term tho, if you can shed some light, if it is in CM or AM as I've seen Kroos playing advanced positions as well.

Goooose

I don't watch every Bayern game, but when I have seen Kroos play I've been impressed. He's young as well as having loads of international caps. Could definitely make United's midfield his own.

Varun

Staff
If we're willing to - as is rumoured - pay Rooney 300K a week, 50K increase on his current deal, bringing him to the same level as the best players in the world, why wouldn't we be able to financially compete for the best players wagewise?

Though, of course, I find it hard to believe that Kroos would leave a better team, with better players and better structure and a better manager in his home country to come play for us. I'd take it though
Simply because he's so good that Bayern will pay him what he wants in the end.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Well now yes given the injuries Schweinsteiger and Thiago had, but if all fit will he be guaranteed a starting place in the lineup?
We have 4 players for 3 CM positions. Pretty sure it's not a problem to give everyone enough playing time. Right now I'd say it's more likely that Schweinsteiger or Martinez will struggle to find their place, Kroos is just such a perfect fit for the way we play.

NoLogo

At the moment I would say yes. He is their best midfielder and apparently Guardiola rates him very highly. He is the man that makes Bayern tick atm, not Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Thiago or anyone else. He is pretty much their Xavi if you need a comparison. Schweinsteiger is better defensively but no one in the squad atm can influence their play as well as Kroos can and if Schweinsteiger ever gets fully fit again is on another page entirely he seems to get a lot of injuries as of late.

Kroos has really profited from Guardiola so far he made the move from being an important player for them to being the heart and sole of their game.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I think I'm all muppeted out for this transfer window with the Mata saga, so I don't think I want to entertain anymore more muppetry with Kroos.

I'll leave this one to you guys, do us proud.

Enigma_87

You know who
We have 4 players for 3 CM positions. Pretty sure it's not a problem to give everyone enough playing time. Right now I'd say it's more likely that Schweinsteiger or Martinez will struggle to find their place, Kroos is just such a perfect fit for the way we play.
If that's the case I can't see a reason why he won't sign a new contract. He is at the best place possible at the moment with the quality of Bayern team and the manager, his homegrown team, and if Bayern think he's important for them they do have the finances to give him whatever he wants.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
If that's the case I can't see a reason why he won't sign a new contract. He is at the best place possible at the moment with the quality of Bayern team and the manager, his homegrown team, and if Bayern think he's important for them they do have the finances to give him whatever he wants.
He wants more money? Why should he be in a hurry to extend his contract? It's not like it's been a huge problem for months now. Alaba and Boateng extended a few weeks ago and had similar contracts. He'll sign a new contract before the next season starts, don't get your hopes up :).

Status
Not open for further replies.