Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

OneUnited24

We really need to give West Ham a hiding! But that probably won’t happen... we'll end up drawing

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So Leicester have a game left against us and if they draw they would be on 63 points while we have 2 games and if we draw both we'll be on 64.

We should not be losing either one of those games anyway but this squad gets nervous when it comes to getting into the top 4

IRELANDUNITED

Still by no means over. If we beat West Ham 2-0 or 3-1 any Leicester win on the final day would do them. We need to beat West Ham by 3 goals or more, which will mean Leicester would have to beat us by 2+ goals.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That was helpful from Spurs, but we need to do our job against West Ham. Not too much has changed.

El Zoido

We need to beat West Ham by 3 or more otherwise the Leicester game is going to be a nightmare.

talking robot

dont know if we have enough gas in the tank, but a 3-0 vs. west ham and the result against leicester city will be unlikely to matter. lets get it done!

Dan_F

Still by no means over. If we beat West Ham 2-0 or 3-1 any Leicester win on the final day would do them. We need to beat West Ham by 3 goals or more, which will mean Leicester would have to beat us by 2+ goals.
Huh? We’re level on goal difference. They’d have to at least match our result against West Ham.

AndyMUFC

Different permutations could do it now after Leicester losing 3-0. Two draws, goal difference etc.

Please do the job Wednesday.

DevilRed

How does it work if we beat west ham but leicester beat us on the last day and it ends up that we're both tied on GD?

Sanchez7

How Evans didnt get sent off in that game :houllier:. Should have been sent off twice, once for the Kane incident and a second yellow for the foul on Lamela.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Good stuff, all we need to do is run through Tranmere, score 3 goals, then we can afford to concede 3 against Leicester!!

treble_winner

Huh? We’re level on goal difference. They’d have to at least match our result against West Ham.
If we win against West Ham with 2 goals, we'd be only two goals ahead of Leicester on GD. A single goal of them first in the last round would make the GD back to equal again. Leicester would qualify because they scored more goals than us throughout the season.
Good stuff, all we need to do is run through Tranmere, score 3 goals, then we can afford to concede 3 against Leicester!!
No. 3 goals from Leicester against us would be +3 for them AND -3 for us. Don't forget that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If we don’t get this now we should just fold as a club.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If we win against West Ham with 2 goals, we'd be only two goals ahead of Leicester on GD. A single goal of them first in the last round would make the GD back to equal again. Leicester would qualify because they scored more goals than us throughout the season.

No. 3 goals from Leicester against us would be +3 for them AND -3 for us. Don't forget that.
Haha, mine was tongue in cheek mate at the madness of this thread!

Chelsea are defo making top 4.

Imo Leicester will have to beat United on the last day by a couple of goals to make it.
For any scenario where Leicester need to beat you on the last game by a couple of goals, there would need to be a swing of 6 goal difference or more. Because we have a +3 GD over you at the moment, and any goal against you in that game will count double in terms of GD (as we gain one, you lose one). Plus if it's a tie, we'll be ahead on goals scored (unless you bag 4 against West Ham).

So if my maths is right, I think you'd need something like a Spurs 3 - 0 Leicester, and a Man Utd 3 - 0 West Ham to have a scenario where Leicester would need to win the final game by more than 1 goal.

Basically, I think it's 'gonna come down to a winner takes all final game.
Your maths is right and that's exactly what I expect, you'll get twatted by Spurs, you've been shite since December.
Well basically @FriendlyFox, the first part of my prediction was exactly what anyone with half a brain knew was coming, Leicester have been utterly gash since December* and were always in for a twatting at WHL. Just a shame Spurs took it easy in the second half.

*DLLWWLLWDDLLWDDLWDWL

Let's see if United can do the job now against WHU.

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's weird, as per the thread I started about us needing a win against Leicester, I almost feel like the WHU doesn't matter. We won't win by more than 2 goals imo, so nothing will 'protect' us from a Leicester win next Sunday.

I wonder if there's any urge to fully rest on Wednesday, then have a straight winner takes all against Leicester :)

Josh 76

It's weird, as per the thread I started about us needing a win against Leicester, I almost feel like the WHU doesn't matter. We won't win by more than 2 goals imo, so nothing will 'protect' us from a Leicester win next Sunday.

I wonder if there's any urge to fully rest on Wednesday, then have a straight winner takes all against Leicester :)
Leicester will then only need a draw if we lose against Westham

But I get what your saying.

Jev

West Ham will probably learn the day before our match that they are mathematically safe. In that case, beating them by three goals is absolutely a realistic proposition that we need to pursue. We need to be very aggressive and try to get an early goal.