Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Leicester will then only need a draw if we lose against Westham

But I get what your saying.
Oh I know, I mean there's something better about believing only a win will do. I know statistically it's stupidity, but psychologically...I trust us more.

Then again watching the last 3 matches, not sure I trust us to even play football!

Beachryan

West Ham will probably learn the day before our match that they are mathematically safe. In that case, beating them by three goals is absolutely a realistic proposition that we need to pursue. We need to be very aggressive and try to get an early goal.
They are mathematically safe. 6 points above Villa with a +14 GD.

AneRu

I don't trust Liverpool to give it their all to win the game, if I'm being honest.
Aren't they receiving the title on the same day, their first title in over thirty years and they get it on the back of a defeat? I think if they lose it will be because Chelsea would be better on the day not because Liverpool couldn't be arsed.

If we beat West Ham I think we will go into the final day sitting on third but then, after Southampton, I don't trust us to win this one either.

theklr

Even if we win at WH , Leicester have had a weeks rest. They can surely be gameraisers then. They have decent pressing which we dont like as well.

Irwin99

Massive capitulation from Leicester. They have to hope we don't win by 4 or 5 against West Ham other wise the final game won't even matter will it?

theklr

Massive capitulation from Leicester. They have to hope we don't win by 4 or 5 against West Ham other wise the final game won't even matter will it?
sure it will, they just need to win by 2 or 3 goals

IRELANDUNITED

Huh? We’re level on goal difference. They’d have to at least match our result against West Ham.

If we beat West Ham by 2 we go to +30 goals with Leicester on +28, if Leicester then beat us by 1 they will go to +29 and we will drop to +29 but they will finish ahead of us because they have more goals for

IRELANDUNITED

How does it work if we beat west ham but leicester beat us on the last day and it ends up that we're both tied on GD?
If we beat West Ham by 2 we go to +30 goals with Leicester on +28, if Leicester then beat us by 1 they will go to +29 and we will drop to +29 but they will finish ahead of us because they have more goals for

Goku23

Chelsea trying to injure our players!! And we should of had a penalty what a joke!

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea trying to injure our players!! And we should of had a penalty what a joke!
zouma and martial incident you mean? wasnt a penalty, mainly because its outside the box, and second its not a foul

Dan_F

Yeah Ive got it now. Was having a massive brain fart:rolleyes:

IRELANDUNITED

What's irritating about this current situation is that a 0-0 draw Wednesday night is practically the same value as a 2-0 win.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
zouma and martial incident you mean? wasnt a penalty, mainly because its outside the box, and second its not a foul
It definitely wasn't a penalty, but it's a foul. Zouma gets none of the ball and kicks Martial's leg into the air. It's mistimed and a foul, nothing more.

But I assume the post you're replying to was also referring to Bailly having studs raked down his Achilles, Bruno getting his foot stamped on, and then taking a wayward kick in the bollocks shortly after.

Beachryan

That's not mathematically safe.
Wow, okay captain pedant. Obviously you are technically correct, but if Aston Villa turn around a 14 goal difference in 2 games...well yeah.

Shark

@NotShark
We look completely knackered, like the end of last season. Worry for us against West Ham.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We look completely knackered, like the end of last season. Worry for us against West Ham.
Yep. After this battering we're going to drop more points to Moyes. It's going to be a tough end to the season just like last year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Miserable result for us today. But we took a bit step towards top 4. Or at least Leicester did for us. Let's refocus on the league and beat WH.

Worried about how well deal with Leicester press given how we crumbled when Chelsea and Southampton did it to us.

cyberman

I've been saying this for weeks. The signs have been there.
And we won every week bar Southampton?
Plus a draw is acceptable v West Ham. It doesnt change what we need to do v Leicester strangely enough

Manny

Grammar Police
After Southampton and today, I can't trust this team to just get the job done.

Yagami

Good post resistant
And we won every week bar Southampton?
Plus a draw is acceptable v West Ham. It doesnt change what we need to do v Leicester strangely enough
It's the performances more so than the results. Each game that has gone by we've looked more and more drained. This coupled with our inability to capitalise on the teams above us dropping points when the pressure is really on just adds to my pessimism.