Top Four Race 2018/19

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
What you on about? There's no question marks over our defence.

There's a 60 foot flashing neon sign pointing to the net that says "Free Goals. Press Your Nearest Defender For Details".
I guess I was trying to be a bit too polite lol

I'm guessing you have given up on any hope for top 4 regarding the above then?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
My prediction at this early stage

1st Man City
2nd Liverpool
3rd Tottenham
4th Chelsea
5th Arsenal
6th Man Utd

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Already being cut adrift and with our fixture list getting tougher, could be an impossible job even for a new manager.

AlwaysRed66

I see the top five are in place & ready to pull away. There used to be six, but chief saboteur Mourinho is ensuring Man Utd plunge down the table with the also rans.

minoo-utd

If there is any chance for us to get into top four this year, everyone at the board must act fecking quickly and sack Jose.

NJM78

I honestly can't see us getting more than 5 points from next 5 games. 2 home 3 away including Chelsea and City. Hope I am wrong because 15 points from 36 is fecking awful, that form continues we'd finish about 15th!

Nickthepip

We’ve no chance of top four, regardless of the manager. There are at least four better squads out there.

Bearded One

1st and 2nd is between pool and city
3rd belongs to chelsea
4th united
5th spurs
6th arsenal

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
1st and 2nd is between pool and city
3rd belongs to chelsea
4th united
5th spurs
6th arsenal
One thing people are actually missing with Spurs is they're going to have a mountain of home games to play after xmas with way games have been scheduled so far.

That's usually an advantage to have in the final straight.

Think they're going to have three successive ones in April, would've been 4 if Man. City had agreed to switch the game next month.

Bearded One

I have adjusted my expectations for the season. Top 4 and Liverpool not winning would be fine. I'd honestly like us to consider Pochettino at the end of the season. With some reasonable financial support, I think he'll do very well.

Robbie Boy

Can you now admit that finishing 2nd last season did not make you the 2nd best team in the country? We tried our best to tell you.
Really? I thought we were shite so believe me I didn’t think that, like whatsoever. I just about still supported Mourihno by the end of the season. We were extremely lucky last season and I’m not in the Jose cult so I won’t tell ya otherwise, no siree.

Seij

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Tottenham
5. Arsenal

There's zero chance we are finishing top 4, or even top 6 if the current regime of Woodward and Mourinho continue. Knowing Ed's priorities, he's probably going to wait until top 4 is mathematically impossible to save the club some money short term.

Ollomy

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Man Utd
5. Spurs
6. Arsenal
This is my top 6.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Really? I thought we were shite so believe me I didn’t think that, like whatsoever. I just about still supported Mourihno by the end of the season. We were extremely lucky last season and I’m not in the Jose cult so I won’t tell ya otherwise, no siree.
Fair enough. Winning the two cups in his first season and then finishing 2nd (instead of 4th for example) the following season really gave him too much stay of execution.

Robbie Boy

Fair enough. Winning the two cups in his first season and then finishing 2nd (instead of 4th for example) the following season really gave him too much stay of execution.
Meh I assumed we would improve over the summer and would look a better outfit this season. We’re a fecking shambles and I want him gone. I honestly think we’ll struggle to get anything better than 6th or 7th with him here.

::sonny::

1st Man City
2nd Liverpool
3rd Chelsea
4th Tottenham
5th Arsenal
6th Man Utd

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can you now admit that finishing 2nd last season did not make you the 2nd best team in the country? We tried our best to tell you.
Why? It's like saying you weren't 2nd or 3rd best team in 2013-14 because you finished few places below in next season. It wad dumb thing to say few months ago, same now too. Last season is last season, we were second best team and as the saying goes "table never lies". This season is different.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Not getting carried away because we need to improve to finish in the top 4, but keep winning despite playing bad is a good sign.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Why? It's like saying you weren't 2nd or 3rd best team in 2013-14 because you finished few places below in next season. It wad dumb thing to say few months ago, same now too. Last season is last season, we were second best team and as the saying goes "table never lies". This season is different.
We were the 2nd best, maybe even the best, team in 13/14, but it was clearly not sustainable, just as Leicester's were not. The difference is a lot of people here still thought, or even think that the 2nd place reflects the quality of the squad and your prospects this season.

I've never seen a team finish as high as you did playing so poorly. It was obviously an anomaly. The fact that mourinho rated that 2nd place finish as one of his greatest achievements tells you that he probably feels the same way. And yeah I do think the table lies sometimes.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
That argument only works if you managed to go that whole season without watching a single game, then happen to look at the table at the end.

If you think the only thing that matters in football is the result, then fair enough.

roonster09

Scout
That argument only works if you managed to go that whole season without watching a single game, then happen to look at the table at the end.

If you think the only thing that matters in football is the result, then fair enough.
League is about consistency, ManUtd were consistent in getting results.

roonster09

Scout
We were the 2nd best, maybe even the best, team in 13/14, but it was clearly not sustainable, just as Leicester's were not. The difference is a lot of people here still thought, or even think that the 2nd place reflects the quality of the squad and your prospects this season.

I've never seen a team finish as high as you did playing so poorly. It was obviously an anomaly. The fact that mourinho rated that 2nd place finish as one of his greatest achievements tells you that he probably feels the same way. And yeah I do think the table lies sometimes.
Well that's a different argument. My point was about last season only. This season lot of things changed.

Liverpool have added lot of quality players.
Arsenal have new manager
Chelsea have new manager

So things have changed. It's delusion to argue we are second best this season based on last season.

Re Jose words, if I were you, I won't take them seriously.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Well that's a different argument. My point was about last season only. This season lot of things changed.

Liverpool have added lot of quality players.
Arsenal have new manager
Chelsea have new manager
Besides all that is also the fact that you were always going to find it hard to replicate your points haul this season .

roonster09

Scout
Besides all that is also the fact that you were always going to find it hard to replicate your points haul this season .
Yes, because all teams didn't stay same. All of them have done lot of changes, well at least most clubs have done lot of chances so it's not same as last season.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Yes, because all teams didn't stay same. All of them have done lot of changes, well at least most clubs have done lot of chances so it's not same as last season.
I would say also that if all teams stayed the same and players did not age, you'd still find it immensely difficult to replicate.

roonster09

Scout
I would say also that if all teams stayed the same and players did not age, you'd still find it immensely difficult to replicate.
You never know that. Morale was high too at the start of the season and there was no issue between Jose and players, something that is ignored.

LaRoux

My prediction

City
Liverpool (this will be a close one)
Chelsea
Spurs
United
Arsenal

I’d love it to be different and put us higher up by in my heart I just know it is going to be so difficult to attain.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There were a fair few of us that were saying results didn't reflect our performances all season, even in the 4-0s at the start. I said myself in May that I thought we'd struggle to even get the same points this season without significant investment.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Gonna pay for it in the long run.
Or maybe even as soon as this season.

Looking at their fixture list after the international break, they have 7 games coming up over 20 days from oct 20 til nov 10th. It’ll be interesting to see how they cope.

PSV x2, Citeh, West Ham x2, and Wolves and Palace.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't see it...just can't. We would need to go on a better run than we've ever done under Mourinho to have a chance. How the feck have we fecked up what was actually supposed to be the easiest run of our campaign so bad?

Kapardin

We are fecked. Even Emery's got Arsenal up and running. Forget 4th spot, we may finish a good 5-6 points behind 5th.