Transfer Deadline Day

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm actually going to Gatwick airport later. I'll look out for any players.

Anduin

If true Arsenal are building a decent side... if they now manage to pull of a signing like M'Vila/Arteta/Fellaini, they'll be pretty good again.

Szczesny; Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos; Wilshere, Ramsey, M'Vila; Walcott, Van Persie, Honda.

Easily Top-4 quality IMO.

Skywarden

Right. Well, he had a surgery the past day(s) according to reports from Japan and left the Japanese squad accordingly.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If true Arsenal are building a decent side... if they now manage to pull of a signing like M'Vila/Arteta/Fellaini, they'll be pretty good again.

Szczesny; Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos; Wilshere, Ramsey, M'Vila; Walcott, Van Persie, Honda.

Easily Top-4 quality IMO.
Well they were always a decent side. The question was whether they were seriously in trouble of falling out of the top 4 which has financial repercussions and reduces the clubs ability to attract top players. And given Arsenal have been a regular CL team for ages now, it would be a big step down.

And the difference between finishing 4th and falling away was always going to be about 3 players. So bridging that gap is not the hardest thing for a quality manager like Arsene but not doing so would have a huge effect.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn be surprised if we go for a striker today, but the most exciting prospects look to be the exits for us (joe cole and poulsen both leaving. Can I get a ´feck yeah?).

which is nice. Last TDD was like dropping acid. I look forward to watching reservedly on the sidelines, perhaps engage in a bit of sneering and mocking laughter as the panic sets in for others.

StuCol

Chimp
I've learned from this window that Sky Sports News have become as bad as the worst tabloid newspapers for running stories with no basis in fact. The amount of pure speculation on there this year has been most annoying.

But on days like today, it's just unmissable!

Donkey's Ears

As long as Arsenal don't get M'Vila I'll be happy. None of the other proposed signings concern me too much.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Okay, we need a couple of things in place if this is gonna work.

First of all, can someone find Harry Redknapp and his bloody car? He's got about 387 interviews to get through, car window rolled down as his partially melted face almost jumps out from the car at the sight of something resembling a football journalist, or anyone carrying an item with a slight resemblance to a pen.

Needless to say, he'll state that he's "been in for" on average 5 players each interview, which, if my math is correct, suggests Tottenham will be linked to about 1700 players today. Yeah, sounds about right for a transfer deadline day with 'Arry.

Also, can someone start making rumours about watching players at different airports, often totally irrelevant of course as the clubs who might be in for them are located in an entirely different part of the country?

We also need someone who claims to have seen Wesley Sneijder outside Lou Macari's fish 'n chips-stall with food in one hand and something looking like a contract in the other, actually making Sky Sports news of course.

So, let's get to it? I'll try and make up I've seen someone at an airport in Birmingham, heading in the general direction of Arsenal, despite me being located in Norway. This person will likely be Steven Pienaar.

pauldyson1uk

I've learned from this window that Sky Sports News have become as bad as the worst tabloid newspapers for running stories with no basis in fact. The amount of pure speculation on there this year has been most annoying.

But on days like today, it's just unmissable!
Just wait till after 6pm , if the last TDD is anything to go by , they will be in full muppet mode by then

StuCol

Chimp
Just wait till after 6pm , if the last TDD is anything to go by , they will be in full muppet mode by then
Oh yes. It's funny to watch in that respect. I'll be glued for the most part, even though I know I'm not going to see any Manchester United activity.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
why would we want to help them, they can feck off.
That would be a good idea I reckon, he gets a year of tutelage under Wenger, and more importantly, he'll be there to help in the battle against all the other top teams, except us.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
I am seeing an annoying trend at the moment, linking Sturridge to a loan/swap deal to Liverpool, Malouda to Arsenal whilst the only thing that looks solid is that we're after a wing back.

Why we would strengthen Arsenal and Liverpool when there is absolutely no need on us to do so I don't know.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can't believe who just sneaked into the training ground the back way! Wow.
Taken from Huddlestone's twitter

Donkey's Ears

Chelsea are surprising me with the amount of money they are splashing around.

After all the investment in youth are they now admitting they got it wrong again?

Torres, Luiz, Ramires, new GK, new Drogba, Mata, maybe Modric, maybe a new wing back.

That is a lot of new players in 12 months. I know some of these are going out on loan etc but it still doesn't seem the actions of a club confident in its ability to bring players through.

KM

Surprised that Harry is on Sky right now :eek:

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
joeasbridge Joe Asbridge
everyone in the #mutv office is buzzing at the moment...got an important announcement to make coming soon...

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I don't expect any transfer news, to be honest.

Or... we're sending Macheda on loan, or we're selling Kuszczak/Gibson/Diouf.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
joeasbridge Joe Asbridge
everyone in the #mutv office is buzzing at the moment...got an important announcement to make coming soon...
Maybe they found a wasps nest hidden behind the false ceiling?

gaz1185

Balague is saying Eden Hazard has handed in a transfer request at Lille. Apparently wants a move to Arsenal. Hope not :(

KM

Balague is saying Eden Hazard has handed in a transfer request at Lille. Apparently wants a move to Arsenal. Hope not :(
That was a fake account. Hilarious how many people fell for it.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Ballugue bollocks or whatever the spaniard is called
"Park Chu Young is not the only player Lille have mispaced. Eden Hazard has filed a transfer request to force Arsenal move.