Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroStu

What a complete waste of money imo, i'd rather gamble on Depay who would be a fraction of that amount.
Its alright paying this sort of money for Bale but we really need IMO a good 4 or 5 top players at least for our squad, there will be little chance of that if we pay 100mil on Bale alone.

Sam

So about 137m Euros then, depending on the exchange rate at the time we have so called prepared that bid. :lol: Feck me, is he really worth that?
No, obviously not.

He's not even worth half of that.

Classical Mechanic

'With United’s off-field income growing to such an extent, the club are prepared to press ahead with their existing plans for recruitment and then move for Bale should they be presented with the opportunity to bid for him.'

Stop complaining!

RetroStu

100 million pounds, not even euros. Thats like 140mil Euros isn't it?, what a complete clusterfeck.:lol:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
But you did say he isnt even worth 25m.
I don't like him, it's my opinion. :) He was overrated here, used to get injured a lot and the only things he's got going or him are his pace and a good left peg. Alright, I might have exaggerated a bit with the 25m, maybe he's worth 30 to 40m but nothing more than that.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Van Gaal has been told that money will be made available to pursue Bale at any stage of the transfer window if he becomes available.
Great, that's good to know Mark.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So what happened to not chasing targets all summer? Righto then.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
£12m - £15m is severely underestimating the market value even if Clyne only has a year left on his deal. Easily going to be £20m+ - especially if more than one club is in for him, which seems likely.
£20m+ for clyne is absolutely insane. Even if there is interest in him no one is going to pay that much. I don't even think he's worth £15m

Edit - 130m euros for Bale :houllier: Let them make a profit on a under performing player who is now 2 years older from when they paid 100m euro.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Interesting that Ogden mentions Clyne and Hummels along with Bale, but no mention of Gundogan...

Summit

Also, what's this bollocks about if he came available all about? Slap 140m euros on Real's desk and he'd be available.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Yes, Yes! Bale would be a fantastic signing, best British player at the best British club. I reckon he could lead us to a CL victory, Quality player.

I wouldn't want us overpaying massively for him though, I think the club are going to use De Gea as leverage.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Looks like Bale is our Gaalactico target this summer. Explains our vague attitude towards Depay and PSV too.

Summit

Interesting that Ogden mentions Clyne and Hummels along with Bale, but no mention of Gundogan...
That one's already in the bag. No need to mention him a target anymore, expect official announcement soon. ;)

Brophs

The One and Only
Yes, Yes! Bale would be a fantastic signing, best British player at the best British club. I reckon he could lead us to a CL victory, Quality player.

I wouldn't want us overpaying massively for him though, I think the club are going to use De Gea as leverage.
You packed a lot into one short post there.

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
So we have to pay £22mil more than Real paid to Tottenham despite the fact he hasn't by a large margin really improved since last year. To make things worse, he wouldn't thrive in our system and we will watch Real go and buy another top winger for half of Bales price and will be a huge success.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Love Bale but absolute madness to pay 100 million for him, but then I expect madness these days from United so could happen

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He would be great hereto be fair. Pogba is my number one target though, if we can get him then whatever.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Last summer showed that the regular journos are getting nothing from the club and are just putting up stories covering all possible angles

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Look I like Bale as a player but feck me he isnt worth half his original transfer fee that he left Spurs for let alone the telephone numbers being quoted today. If we press ahead with Bale and lose out on Depay I think its fair to say that the club (Woodward) is in control of the transfer policy and not LVG which was something a lot of people considered last summer.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
People are going too far with the Bale underrating. Sure he isn't great in small spaces and can be a bit one dimensional but he will still be scoring 30 to 40 goals for us.

Not sure if I do want though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Couldn't care less what we pay, it isn't my money and we'd still be able to afford our other targets, Bale :drool:

Jaxa

It really baffles me with some of you lot, you speak as if your personally paying for some of these players and crying if we spend 100m on Bale, as mental as that is he is a fantastic player that could be that difference in winning us the league next season, also don't you think Woody and everyone else that handles the finance side know how much we can spend ? Were hardly going to spunk 100m on a player and have 10 quid left are we, I really don't care how much we spend on players just as long as we get them, also all these figures mentioned are merely made up figures by the likes of DMail and The Sun, how about you let Woody and Co worry about the price and for us to enjoy the new signing's we acquire who I'm sure will make us a lot stronger.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Are Madrid really going to say no to £73m which would allow them to break even and not take a loss over Bale?

Castia

Couldn't care less what we pay, it isn't my money and we'd still be able to afford our other targets, Bale :drool:

We cant spend like this forever though, the £100m we spend on Bale could be used to better the squad overall, I mean for £100m you could possibly sign Pogba (50m), Depay (20m) and Hummels (30m) it's ridiculous.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It really baffles me with some of you lot, you speak as if your personally paying for some of these players and crying if we spend 100m on Bale, as mental as that is he is a fantastic player that could be that difference in winning us the league next season, also don't you think Woody and everyone else that handles the finance side know how much we can spend ? Were hardly going to spunk 100m on a player and have 10 quid left are we, I really don't care how much we spend on players just as long as we get them, also all these figures mentioned are merely made up figures by the likes of DMail and The Sun, how about you let Woody and Co worry about the price and for us to enjoy the new signing's we acquire who I'm sure will make us a lot stronger.
Its not that we dont have money to spend. Its about spending it wisely. We can strengthen 3-4 different areas in our side rather than just one.
Depay - 25m
Hummels - 30m
Gundogan - 22m
Clyne - 20m (even though I dont want him)

Thats close to 100m. Spend it like that and strengthen different areas than just one area and hope he will become our savior.

Status
Not open for further replies.