Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thecarrickfan_2016

Dembele to Brighton, That came out of nowhere, I can't believe he's going there, On the cheap as well, He'll do well for them personally.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
What a bizarre transfer. Why are other clubs letting that happen? Good talent.

Toad

If Jose goes.. there isn't one top class manager available.

What's that Napoli dude like defensively? His attack is dynamic :drool:
I’m pretty sure that Van Gaal said he would manage in the prem again if a top club came for him :rolleyes:

Classical Mechanic

What a bizarre transfer. Why are other clubs letting that happen? Good talent.
How good is he really though? remember Scott Sinclair outscored him in the SPL last year and he hasn’t come close to hitting the goal scoring heights that the mighty Lee Griffiths did a couple of season ago for Celtic.

I would imagine Celtic will have a decent sell on % in this deal too.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
How good is he really though? remember Scott Sinclair outscored him in the SPL last year and he hasn’t come close to hitting the goal scoring heights that the mighty Lee Griffiths did a couple of season ago for Celtic.

I would imagine Celtic will have a decent dell on % in this deal too.
If he comes to the PL he’ll show that he’s a good player.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

I would imagine Celtic will have a decent sell on % in this deal too.
Sinclair outscored him but Dembele's still very young (turned 21 in January) and will realistically continue to improve. Celtic must be jittery though that he won't cause that's a very good deal for Brighton.

Classical Mechanic

Sinclair outscored him but Dembele's still very young (turned 21 in January) and will realistically continue to improve. Celtic must be jittery though that he won't cause that's a very good deal for Brighton.
His goal scoring record in the SPL isn’t great considering the strength of the league and the numbers that players like Sinclair and Griffith have achieved in recent seasons.

I tend to think Celtic would have a good sell on fee included there and reason that if he goes to a lesser club like Brighton and succeeds he won’t be there for long.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
His goal scoring record in the SPL isn’t great considering the strength of the league and the numbers that players like Sinclair and Griffith have achieved in recent seasons.

I tend to think Celtic would have a good sell on fee included there and reason that if he goes to a lesser club like Brighton and succeeds he won’t be there for long.
He got 32 in 49 from all competitions last year which was pretty good for an up and coming 20-year old who has a lot of strengths besides scoring alone. But he's been not been as good this season and, aye, can imagine if Celtic are clever there'll be a reasonable sell-on fee in there.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He got 32 in 49 from all competitions last year which was pretty good for an up and coming 20-year old who has a lot of strengths besides scoring alone. But he's been not been as good this season and, aye, can imagine if Celtic are clever there'll be a reasonable sell-on fee in there.
£18m is chicken feed nowadays if I was Celtic I’d be thinking £25-30m from a premiership team. Get two teams involved like an Everton or Brighton and it may hit 30-35m in January window with the money at stake of staying up and keeping your job as the manager.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
£18m is chicken feed nowadays if I was Celtic I’d be thinking £25-30m from a premiership team. Get two teams involved like an Everton or Brighton and it may hit 30-35m in January window with the money at stake of staying up and keeping your job as the manager.
Aye, definitely an argument they could push for more if the interest is there. Obviously there's the risk if they hang onto him and he fails to progress, but then Celtic have had plenty of examples of players who succeeded after a move down south when you look at the likes of Wanyama and Van Dijk.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Aye, definitely an argument they could push for more if the interest is there. Obviously there's the risk if they hang onto him and he fails to progress, but then Celtic have had plenty of examples of players who succeeded after a move down south when you look at the likes of Wanyama and Van Dijk.
Some good examples of successes as well as Forster in Goal all doing well for Celtic to point to.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
£190m on 4 defenders in 6 months. Another £50m on Stones the year before. Pep has worked wonders there.

haram

£190m on 4 defenders in 6 months. Another £50m on Stones the year before. Pep has worked wonders there.
They had already spent 80 million on Otamendi and Mangala as well. Almost 400 million if you count the keepers.

Irrational.

If City seriously buys van Dijk, there must be something happening with Finacial Fair Play??
FFP is irrelevant when it comes to clubs like City and PSG. There will always be ways around the system with their super-inflated fake sponsorship deals/ loan with option to buy next year which renders it pointless really. It's probably made the problem worse.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
FFP is irrelevant when it comes to clubs like City and PSG. There will always be ways around the system with their super-inflated fake sponsorship deals/ loan with option to buy next year which renders it pointless really. It's probably made the problem worse.

Yep I cant see a feasible way you could stop it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
They had already spent 80 million on Otamendi and Mangala as well. Almost 400 million if you count the keepers.
It's why I still think pep has a bit to prove.

So far he's worked with arguably the best club side in history, the most dominant side in Germany, and a club in England where money isn't an issue and he's not afraid to spend.

Will always have doubters unless something gives.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I hope this January window is an exciting one like the Torres, Suarez, Carroll one.

If Baldy is right and we are in for Sandro and Malcolm, that'd be terrific.

Woodzy

400m defence.
That's incredible.
You can see where Mourinho's moaning comes from when you see these sorts of figures.

We have spent a feck load ourselves, but the difference is that when a City spend £30m on a flop defender, they can afford to go out and spend on another without a care in the world.

United Pro

I'd happily take both here. Especially for a combined fee of about £22m. Kurzawa would instantly be our best LB and Diarra would be solid cover for Matic. We don't really have another CDM that can be paired with Pogba in a midfield 2, so our squad depth would definitely improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.