Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

salford_

You can see where Mourinho's moaning comes from when you see these sorts of figures.

We have spent a feck load ourselves, but the difference is that when a City spend £30m on a flop defender, they can afford to go out and spend on another without a care in the world.
its also why im not fully on the "Pep is a genius" bandwagon. Look at what he inherited to an extent, then added best part of £500m to it since his arrival.

Red_toad

I'd happily take both here. Especially for a combined fee of about £22m. Kurzawa would instantly be our best LB and Diarra would be solid cover for Matic. We don't really have another CDM that can be paired with Pogba in a midfield 2, so our squad depth would definitely improve.

Would he really? Please tell me more about him? Can't say I've ever noticed him playing for PSG and certainly isn't a nailed on starter for them. If he's so good why are they making him available for 22 million? Is he honestly a better option than Young?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Fifa gives a much better account of Kurzawa than real life. Much, much, much better. He is not a good nor balanced player.

United Pro

Would he really? Please tell me more about him? Can't say I've ever noticed him playing for PSG and certainly isn't a nailed on starter for them. If he's so good why are they making him available for 22 million? Is he honestly a better option than Young?
Young has done incredibly well for us, but he's very poor at defending 1v1. His crossing ability and general offensive skills are the reasons why he's done well so far. On Kurzawa, he's relatively complete in terms of being able to defend and contribute and make overlapping runs offensively. He actually scored a hat-trick against Anderlecht in the champions league this season.
I think he shares some of the game time with Yuri because Yuri is defensively more solid. As to why PSG are selling, it's because they need money to pass FFP and other teams aren't willing to pay the fees PSG want for some of the players they're willing to sell. Given PSG's need to raise money, they may end up selling players for less than their market price. Saying that, I still can't see them selling Kurzawa before Lucas, Pastore, Di Maria and Ben Arfa.

izec

Kurzawa is a twat, isnt he? Looks good offensively, but lacks a bit brain if you ask me. Defensively not convinced. There is a reason they could sell him. I would take Sandro any day of the week over him

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"The keys of Harry Kane´s operation"
Madrid want to sign a galáctico this summer and the English striker begins to be close to being the first option.
Real Madrid like Harry Kane. And each time more. And more than other galácticos, as Neymar. The white team wants to sign a great star this summer and the name of the Tottenham striker, top scorer of 2017 in European football, has broken out with great force, according to 'SER Deportivos'.

The keys that can bring Kane closer to the Bernabéu are the bad relationship that exists between the club and Cristiano Ronaldo, the fact that Karim Benzema is increasingly questioned and the poor performance of Gareth Bale due to injuries.

According to Antón Meana, Neymar was preferred at the club a few months ago, but at Real Madrid they are increasingly convinced that Harry Kane can fit better in the team. Kane renewed last year for the club where he has been playing since he was 18 years old.He has a contract until 2022 and the intention of Tottenham is to continue with him many seasons. If they agreed to negotiate, the club would not accept less than 200 million €.
Who would leave the club in that case? There is a possibility that Cristiano does it, who wants to leave Real Madrid. Gareth Bale does not want to do it and it is not impossible for Benzema , who is marked by his poor scoring performance.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
From Italy: Montella, new coach of Sevilla

Scholsey2004

You can see where Mourinho's moaning comes from when you see these sorts of figures.

We have spent a feck load ourselves, but the difference is that when a City spend £30m on a flop defender, they can afford to go out and spend on another without a care in the world.
The real difference is that they spent a feck load of money on a team that was already top class. We spent a feck load on an upper mid table side just to reach a competitive level.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
January around the corner, can we have tweets only thing? Might be interesting transfer window. Looking forward waking up and first thing doing is checking news.

Red_toad

"The keys of Harry Kane´s operation"
Madrid want to sign a galáctico this summer and the English striker begins to be close to being the first option.
Real Madrid like Harry Kane. And each time more. And more than other galácticos, as Neymar. The white team wants to sign a great star this summer and the name of the Tottenham striker, top scorer of 2017 in European football, has broken out with great force, according to 'SER Deportivos'.

The keys that can bring Kane closer to the Bernabéu are the bad relationship that exists between the club and Cristiano Ronaldo, the fact that Karim Benzema is increasingly questioned and the poor performance of Gareth Bale due to injuries.

According to Antón Meana, Neymar was preferred at the club a few months ago, but at Real Madrid they are increasingly convinced that Harry Kane can fit better in the team. Kane renewed last year for the club where he has been playing since he was 18 years old.He has a contract until 2022 and the intention of Tottenham is to continue with him many seasons. If they agreed to negotiate, the club would not accept less than 200 million €.
Who would leave the club in that case? There is a possibility that Cristiano does it, who wants to leave Real Madrid. Gareth Bale does not want to do it and it is not impossible for Benzema , who is marked by his poor scoring performance.

Tbh honest no one will buy Bale his wages are astronomic for a player approaching 30 and being very injury prone. Benzema is shot by the looks of it, lost his motivation to play at his dream club. Real are going to need some major surgery, so many aging stars and they're not going to be able to steal high profile players like they used to be able to do so.

Craig Ward

Do people honestly think Lassana Diarra to utd is a good option? May as well give Fellaini a 10yr contract on 400k a week while we're at it. I've heard Chris Samba could sort our defence out too, chuck a bid in

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Mourinho leaves the way open to Barcelona to sign the French
"...The French striker was on United's list to reinforce the team, although it was a somewhat strange situation because the signing was a matter of club rather than Mourinho. The coach liked Griezmann, but he was not so clear about his signing. On the other hand, inside the club that signing was seen as a great economic opportunity because of the hook that the striker has...."

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Tbh honest no one will buy Bale his wages are astronomic for a player approaching 30 and being very injury prone. Benzema is shot by the looks of it, lost his motivation to play at his dream club. Real are going to need some major surgery, so many aging stars and they're not going to be able to steal high profile players like they used to be able to do so.
Yes, we´ll have a summer of many changes. Let's see if we find some bargain like Kroos a few years ago, or some new Modric.
A new Pepe is essential + the new signings taking a step forward.
It will not be easy to sign the galáctico, but I think we still have some appeal

Cantonagotmehere

Yes, we´ll have a summer of many changes. Let's see if we find some bargain like Kroos a few years ago, or some new Modric.
A new Pepe is essential + the new signings taking a step forward.
It will not be easy to sign the galáctico, but I think we still have some appeal
What is your opinion of Benzema? Would he be worth a look if Real get Kane?

haram

Fifa gives a much better account of Kurzawa than real life. Much, much, much better. He is not a good nor balanced player.
Everytime I see him he doesn't look anything special. Quite average really.

Do people honestly think Lassana Diarra to utd is a good option? May as well give Fellaini a 10yr contract on 400k a week while we're at it. I've heard Chris Samba could sort our defence out too, chuck a bid in
It would probably only be to cover for Matic with Carrick probably finishing up this year.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
For United? not at all. With so many promising players in the market there is no need to buy someone with 30 years, in a transfer that would not be cheap, with a very high salary, without experience in England, and in the middle of a very negative and prolonged streak.

Cantonagotmehere

For United? not at all. With so many promising players in the market there is no need to buy someone with 30 years, in a transfer that would not be cheap, with a very high salary, without experience in England, and in the middle of a very negative and prolonged streak.
Thanks

Red_toad

He's been pretty ordinary for quite sometime. I'd hope we wouldn't go near him with a barge pole. If he's not motivated enough to play for Real, there's no way he should join another top level club who are after winning things. He'd fit in well at Arsenal....

Cantonagotmehere

He's been pretty ordinary for quite sometime. I'd hope we wouldn't go near him with a barge pole. If he's not motivated enough to play for Real, there's no way he should join another top level club who are after winning things. He'd fit in well at Arsenal....
Understood, thanks. I only see a Real match during later Champions League.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No point really. For Arsenal he might be a good option. He's also already a quintessential arsenal player: phenomenal when on song but inconsistent as feck

United Pro

AS reporting that Simeone has given the go-ahead to sell Carrasco in January, with Vitolo coming in:

Ondrej

Kane to Real is one of those transfers that are just destined to happen. It also makes so much sense for Real.

onemanarmy

AS reporting that Simeone has given the go-ahead to sell Carrasco in January, with Vitolo coming in:
It's also reported in Belgian media, but AS is probably their source. Would be the ideal player as an attacking wing back on the right in a 3-5-2, with Martial close to Lukaku on top.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's also reported in Belgian media, but AS is probably their source. Would be the ideal player as an attacking wing back on the right in a 3-5-2, with Martial close to Lukaku on top.
Why? He routinely looks half the player he is there for Belgium.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I don't believe they'd pay £75M for van Dijk.

Klopp on Pogba:

"If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney.

“The day that this is football, I'm not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.

“That is how everybody in football understands it. You always want to have the best, but building the group is necessary to be successful.

“Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.”

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't believe they'd pay £75M for van Dijk.

Klopp on Pogba:
You don't pay that for a defender surely, or if you do it is for an elite defender not VVD. Suppose at least they will be bragging they have snatched him from under the noses of City rather than us.

Devil may care

Mourinho leaves the way open to Barcelona to sign the French
"...The French striker was on United's list to reinforce the team, although it was a somewhat strange situation because the signing was a matter of club rather than Mourinho. The coach liked Griezmann, but he was not so clear about his signing. On the other hand, inside the club that signing was seen as a great economic opportunity because of the hook that the striker has...."
If true it makes sense give Mourinho's previous comments regarding #10's and the players he's used there in his past teams.

reddevil702

Carrasco, Koke (impossible) or Saul would be by ideal signings from Atleti. Carrasco can also play on the right so it fill a huge need.

Nick7

Carrasco is ok, but would just become another squad player for us. Not good enough for our first team.

mav_9me

You don't pay that for a defender surely, or if you do it is for an elite defender not VVD. Suppose at least they will be bragging they have snatched him from under the noses of City rather than us.
Who is to know for sure but my feeling was that was a play by Southampton to get Liverpool to pay up.

lsd

The Oracle
How good is he really though? remember Scott Sinclair outscored him in the SPL last year and he hasn’t come close to hitting the goal scoring heights that the mighty Lee Griffiths did a couple of season ago for Celtic.

I would imagine Celtic will have a decent sell on % in this deal too.

He has been injured this season which is why he hasn't played as well as last .The truth is Celtic don't need him in their league they have players that can keep them where they are so it makes sense to cash in first good offer they get .They can use the money to stay far ahead of their competition and unearth their next big player

Status
Not open for further replies.