Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertd0803

Clubs have started agreeing fees with other clubs. Are we still preparing our bids?
Possibly considering preparing a bid or better yet still scouting the entire Benfica team :lol:

Im sure we are doing whatever work we are doing behind the scenes considering the leaks have somewhat dried up in recent years (no harm). That being said Im not expecting us to do anything in January. Even if we do it will be for next season eg buying Malcom and loaning him back.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
€45 + 15m offer from Barca.

JoaquinJoaquin

Reading comments like "Got so little faith in the direction this club is taking in general."

And other similar comments with ppl shitting themselves it is completely laughable.

If you cant see the improvement we did from the past years then I dont know... we are currently 2nd and won 3 trophies last year. Liverpool are in their 3rd with klopp and they won feck all.
I wouldn't say it was completely laughable at all. A bit over the top yeah, but you are deluded if you think we are anywhere near winning this title in the next few years as we are right now.

Problem is, we need quality over quantity as we have far too much average in this squad already. What we can do in January though is the big question. Personally i'd be going in for Ozil now, even if we have to pay £20 million or so as he would make that much difference IMO.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He's an out an out striker, which is pretty much what they failed to sign in the summer. I think Calvert-Lewin has been doing a good job up there, but that's not really his game. 20 goals last season and also scored in Europe. Worth the gamble IMO.
Thanks. I've also been impressed by Calvert-Lewin, seems a good target-man type despite his lean build and is a bit of a handful, but I agree it's not ideal to be relying on him for goals. I suppose £25m for a striker that got 20 league goals last year in a notable league isn't all that much money in today's market, anyway.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
That would be an expensive Coutinho stopgap.
Don't think they'll go for Coutinho myself. Di Maria is a great fit for them and a fraction of the price. Coutinho will cost a lot and Barca aren't swimming in €.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Leipzig buying him, he is loaned out to Gladbach
Gladbach was reported to be buying him. Only way he could be sold to Leipzig is if West Ham have a recall option, which would be surprising.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I should have read the article first before commenting lol. It indeed says West Ham are recalling him in order to sell him to Leipzig.

Bit dickish move considering Gladbach have actually been trying to buy him for a while, but I guess Leipzig can offer more money and Moyes seems to be in urgent need of funds, as strange as that sounds. Leipzig had tried to get Oxford back in 2016 already, FWIW.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42504657

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I should have read the article first before commenting lol. It indeed says West Ham are recalling him in order to sell him to Leipzig.

Bit dickish move considering Gladbach have actually been trying to buy him for a while, but I guess Leipzig can offer more money and Moyes seems to be in urgent need of funds, as strange as that sounds. Leipzig had tried to get Oxford back in 2016 already, FWIW.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42504657
New Hammers boss David Moyes had agreed to let Oxford leave on a permanent basis
Good old Moyesy.

Classical Mechanic

Either way it sounds odd. Oxford had only been on the bench until the last three games and two of them were losses. Bit soon to buy him.
Think they only started playing him because rumours were that he was leaving in Jan. They were really daft in how they handled him, had him on the bench in every single game but didn't even give him 5 or 10 minutes here or there, no chance to prove himself and then they start scrambling when he gets itchy feet.

From what I read he impressed in his appearances despite the team losing.

Sambob

Massive hypocrite, he's 'not interested' in the price but wouldn't stop cherping on about the fee for Pogba. He knows full well Liverpool have had their pants pulled down.
Good player though, and exactly what they needed.....Wish somebody would pull our pants down :(

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Is the guy confusing Leipzig and Gladbach? Or are West Ham recalling him in order to sell him to another club?
BBC says RBL, RP in Germany says Gladbach made progress. Either way, when two of the best young talent evaluators in Europe want to buy your 19 year old, maybe you should re-consider selling him for 10M.
Other rumours are Gladbach need to keep their powder dry, cause they´ll be trying to buy Dzeko. As good a prospect as Oxford is, if Gladbach could get Dzeko it would be like upgrading from a bicycle without wheels to a Ferrrari.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Think they only started playing him because rumours were that he was leaving in Jan. They were really daft in how they handled him, had him on the bench in every single game but didn't even give him 5 or 10 minutes here or there, no chance to prove himself and then they start scrambling when he gets itchy feet.

From what I read he impressed in his appearances despite the team losing.
I thought this kid was gonna be the tits when he first broke out? He was really highly rated

Damien

Staff
BBC says RBL, RP in Germany says Gladbach made progress. Either way, when two of the best young talent evaluators in Europe want to buy your 19 year old, maybe you should re-consider selling him for 10M.
Other rumours are Gladbach need to keep their powder dry, cause they´ll be trying to buy Dzeko. As good a prospect as Oxford is, if Gladbach could get Dzeko it would be like upgrading from a bicycle without wheels to a Ferrrari.
Why would Roma want to sell him? And can Gladbach even afford him?

coventry red

Supports
Liverpool
Barca will want to pre-sign Coutinho for next season.
They're walking la liga and he's cup tied so no need for him this window other than as a big PR move.
He's not likely to want to miss out on playing CL knockout stages for the scousers just so he can sit in a suit and watch his new team mates play Chelsea.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yeah his career has started and spluttered a bit. He still is highly rated, hence a couple of German sides wanting to sign him. Turned 19 a few days ago so he still has time to make it.
:confused: Makes zero sense letting him go, unless he has an attitude problem. Kids are not the finished product by then, and considering the astronomic market, why not keep hold of your own until it's a guarantee they're not going to make it at the club

Damien

Staff
:confused: Makes zero sense letting him go, unless he has an attitude problem. Kids are not the finished product by then, and considering the astronomic market, why not keep hold of your own until it's a guarantee they're not going to make it at the club
Four words: Moyes, Gold and Sullivan.

Moyes wants money for new players, Gold & Sullivan want to sell before buying so Moyes gave go ahead to sell Oxford.

Classical Mechanic

West Ham are supposedly trying to get flog all their young stars to raise some cash this window. Quina is apparently available too.

Classical Mechanic

I can't see why Oxford would sign for us anyway given how his career has gone so far. He needs to play, we have loads in his position. He's similar level to Tuanzebe IMO anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.