Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

Yes, we´ll have a summer of many changes. Let's see if we find some bargain like Kroos a few years ago, or some new Modric.
A new Pepe is essential + the new signings taking a step forward.
It will not be easy to sign the galáctico, but I think we still have some appeal
How much would you love it if Florentino moved Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo on and brought in Neymar and Kane? Along with Asensio, Isco, Kovacic and Casemiro your midfield and attack would be sorted for another 7-8 years.

Not that something as crazy as that is going to happen though. In a Football Manager world maybe.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Four words: Moyes, Gold and Sullivan.

Moyes wants money for new players, Gold & Sullivan want to sell before buying so Moyes gave go ahead to sell Oxford.
It always surprises me when people who have made money their whole lives, make decisions for financial reasons that don't seem very prudent. They must know more about money than me.....so why is flogging off their youngsters on the cheap the 'smart' move?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It always surprises me when people who have made money their whole lives, make decisions for financial reasons that don't seem very prudent. They must know more about money than me.....so why is flogging off their youngsters on the cheap the 'smart' move?
They're not that bright. Probably reckon they won't play Oxford so may as well sell him now to bring some money in.

Still annoys me they got a stadium for pretty much nothing just because they're pally with the government.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They're not that bright. Probably reckon they won't play Oxford so may as well sell him now to bring some money in.

Still annoys me they got a stadium for pretty much nothing just because they're pally with the government.
It was Lady Apprentice who's pally with the government

Roeindo

Unless we can buy someone absolutely outstanding who will make a difference for us over the course of years rather than the remaining months of the season, we should steer clear in Jan. The league is gone, not many top players aren’t cup tied and winning the CL is extraordinarily difficult at the best of times. Far better to have a real go early in the summer and try to let those players bed in during the pre-season.
No wonder our club spend alot of time preparing bid to an imaginary target like bale, while rivals done their transfer quickly.

Thats why some fans get litle faith with the direction of the club.

Last transfer we gamble on mkhi, lindelof yet we reluctant to spend on PL proven like mahrez, mane, bertrand or even maguire.

Our scouting network seems didnot do their job properly.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Other rumours are Gladbach need to keep their powder dry, cause they´ll be trying to buy Dzeko. As good a prospect as Oxford is, if Gladbach could get Dzeko it would be like upgrading from a bicycle without wheels to a Ferrrari.
Why would Roma want to sell him? And can Gladbach even afford him?
Yeah that sounds bizarre, frankly. Where are those 'rumours' from?
Roma are doing well, and Dzeko is doing great for them, no?
Clearly he's out of Gladbach's league both financially and from a footballing standpoint.

Damien

Staff
Clearly he's out of Gladbach's league both financially and from a footballing standpoint.
Yeah, Gladbach would be more likely to sign someone from the SSL like they did with Xhaka, Zakaria and Elvedi.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Maybe Roma want to cash in on a 31 year old striker? I don´t know. Seems there is not much to it anyway just like the RBL transfer of Oxford.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Maybe Roma want to cash in on a 31 year old striker? I don´t know. Seems there is not much to it anyway just like the RBL transfer of Oxford.
Nothing's impossible, of course. But Gladbach sounds like an odd choice to sell to if you want to 'cash in'.

Anyway, kicker has an article up related to the BBC claim of Oxford to RB Leipzig.
They say that there's no contact between the player and Leipzig now let alone a transfer agreement for him, even if there has been interest from RB in the player since 2016.
They also say that a recall to West Ham is possible due to the fact Oxford played just very few games. According to kicker, had he played in something like a third of Gladbach's competitive games, the recall option would have perished.
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...leipzig_kein-kontakt-zu-gladbachs-oxford.html

Damien

Staff
@Giggsyking I deleted that second tweet because the report they're talking about is from The Sun and the journalist who wrote it makes up bullshit like the following:

• June 2016: Conte wants Stephan Lichtsteiner at Chelsea.
  • October 2016: Conte to swap Hazard (and cash) for Bonucci.
  • November 2016: Juventus to sign Ivanovic on a free if Lichtsteiner goes to Barcelona.
  • December 2016: Juventus to loan West Ham Evra.
  • January 2017: Conte to let Courtois join Real Madrid in exchange for Morata as well as sign Joe Hart to replace Courtois.
  • May 2017: Courtois to go to Real Madrid if they can't sign De Gea, Oblak to Chelsea and Reina to Atletico Madrid.
  • June 2017: Chelsea to offer £48M plus Matic for Bonucci.
  • June 2017: Darmian rings Mourinho to push through Juventus move.
  • August 2017: Juventus contacts Chelsea to enquire about the availability of Cahill.

Nick7

I know it's not the craziest there, but in hindsight
  • June 2017: Chelsea to offer £48M plus Matic for Bonucci.
is absolutely hilarious.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Sessegnon to Southampton would be a good move for both player and club. He'd get the step up in quality and still be guaranteed plenty of playing time.
This basically means we will be paying about 50+ million for him in 2 years time. Maybe more. Why not pay half and try to get him now?

Damien

Staff
This basically means we will be paying about 50+ million for him in 2 years time. Maybe more. Why not pay half and try to get him now?
You're just two quality fullbacks, a goalkeeper and another midfielder away from a quality team. If you can manage to get both Lemar and Goretzka that'd be your midfield sorted.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
How much would you love it if Florentino moved Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo on and brought in Neymar and Kane? Along with Asensio, Isco, Kovacic and Casemiro your midfield and attack would be sorted for another 7-8 years.

Not that something as crazy as that is going to happen though. In a Football Manager world maybe.
The signing of Neymar would be a bomb, and I do not see it so crazy, but It would not make sense to escape from Messi to fall into Cristiano's garden, and I really do not see him leaving this summer.
I had doubts with Kane, and I still have, but in the end the goals are finishing with my arguments.
Dybala and Hazard would also be good options but also competition for Asensio.
Infortunately as you say, football manager is every day more distant for us.
If a team,not the richer can pay 85m€ for a CB, I do not want to imagine what the attacking players will be worth in the near future, and Madrid, without being a limited company, can not compete.
Our small advantage in the case of Kane is Levy knows that it's Madrid or a direct opponent

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Oh yeah I'd prefer United to sign him but, for the player it'd make a lot of sense to step up to a mid level prem club first.

You're just two quality fullbacks, a goalkeeper and another midfielder away from a quality team. If you can manage to get both Lemar and Goretzka that'd be your midfield sorted.
Wait a minute who does he support?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Might as well hand over half the VVD cash. Liverpool always seem to do stupidly well when selling their players.
Keep the Southampton fans happy by 'fleecing' us then overpay for a superfluous crock striker. Bringing the VvD price down to the original 60m.

Their lack of goals up front would explain why they were a little more keen to do business now than last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.