Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

You don't pay that for a defender surely, or if you do it is for an elite defender not VVD. Suppose at least they will be bragging they have snatched him from under the noses of City rather than us.
Feel free to name this elite defender who'd be available and willing to sign for Liverpool? Market is crazy and clubs seem to have cash to burn. I'm glad Jose has called out the owners to react to the market, hope to see some action and issues rectified now, I was expecting nothing in January.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Feel free to name this elite defender who'd be available and willing to sign for Liverpool? Market is crazy and clubs seem to have cash to burn. I'm glad Jose has called out the owners to react to the market, hope to see some action and issues rectified now, I was expecting nothing in January.
I still expect nothing in January. United never seem to do any transfers without either signing an overrated player who doesn’t fit in or making an absolute meal of things.

Got so little faith in the direction this club is taking in general.

beingshe7don

I still expect nothing in January. United never seem to do any transfers without either signing an overrated player who doesn’t fit in or making an absolute meal of things.

Got so little faith in the direction this club is taking in general.
Things have changed.... The summer window has been shortened and it's World Cup year next year, so United will have to spend irregardless of what we used to practice. If we don't spend in January, it means Mourinho is leaving and we are saving the funds for the next manager to spend which will be a complete disaster.

wc18

I dont think its crazy at all for Liverpool to pay that amount for VvD. They have to do something to upgrade a defense that is costing them a change at challenging for titles. With the front line they have the time is now to throw in the money and give it a real go. I'd also be throwing a huge sum of money to the best goalkeeper they could convince to join the club. Not sure who that would be though

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Things have changed.... The summer window has been shortened and it's World Cup year next year, so United will have to spend irregardless of what we used to practice. If we don't spend in January, it means Mourinho is leaving and we are saving the funds for the next manager to spend which will be a complete disaster.
Our squad is massively deficient - I really hope we don’t feck around. A good January could provide a massive boost in the second half of the season. If we keep our personnel as it currently stands, chances are we finish potless and outside the top four.

reddevil702

Liverpool have made the first move, let's see how we respond. They've addressed their weakest area with the best option available. Does the price really matter if you get the player you want?

Utdstar01

Liverpool have made the first move, let's see how we respond. They've addressed their weakest area with the best option available. Does the price really matter if you get the player you want?
Well yes, if you have more than one position to fill and you're working with a budget.

tonnas

Reading comments like "Got so little faith in the direction this club is taking in general."

And other similar comments with ppl shitting themselves it is completely laughable.

If you cant see the improvement we did from the past years then I dont know... we are currently 2nd and won 3 trophies last year. Liverpool are in their 3rd with klopp and they won feck all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brophs

The One and Only
Unless we can buy someone absolutely outstanding who will make a difference for us over the course of years rather than the remaining months of the season, we should steer clear in Jan. The league is gone, not many top players aren’t cup tied and winning the CL is extraordinarily difficult at the best of times. Far better to have a real go early in the summer and try to let those players bed in during the pre-season.

PoTMS

Unless we can buy someone absolutely outstanding who will make a difference for us over the course of years rather than the remaining months of the season, we should steer clear in Jan. The league is gone, not many top players aren’t cup tied and winning the CL is extraordinarily difficult at the best of times. Far better to have a real go early in the summer and try to let those players bed in during the pre-season.
I see what you mean - we shouldn’t just buy for the sake of buying, and no rush buying, in fact that’s how we’ve got in this mess - by accumulating deadwood year in, year out. On the flip side, the race for top four will be extremely tight this year so a signing like Malcom may be worth the risk to add a much needed spark to our attack. That and he’s also not cuptied.

Inter Yer Nan

Carrasco, Koke (impossible) or Saul would be by ideal signings from Atleti. Carrasco can also play on the right so it fill a huge need.
I wouldn't want Carrasco. His decision making is brainless at times and though he's clearly talented he's also a very frustrating player. He can be better off the bench than starting but I just don't think he'd be worth a punt. Saul on the other hand would be more than worth it.

joedirt87

Winning the league may be gone but the team is still in a dog fight to finish in the top 4. 5th place is just 6 points off. not concerned with a player being cup tied when they can help the team with anywhere from 13-16 league games (depending on when they would arrive during the window.)

TheReligion

Abusive
Of course it does. Ever heard of budget?

Coutinho will go and one could argue they will be a weaker side.

reddevil702

Right, so the fee you agree on no matter the amount is obviously within the team's transfer budget. Obviously you want the best possible deal, but as we've now seen with City it's more important to get your players than to settle for second options.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

I don’t think Coutinho is related to us signing VVD.

We rejected numerous offers for Coutinho from Barcelona whilst trying to sign VVD in the summer, which suggests that we were planning to spend big regardless of what money was coming in.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Not aware of this guy, any ideas what he's like? Seems a fairly sizeable amount to spend on somebody who only really came to prominence in the Turkish league last season age 25. Everton certainly could do with additional striking options, though.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don’t think Coutinho is related to us signing VVD.

We rejected numerous offers for Coutinho from Barcelona whilst trying to sign VVD in the summer, which suggests that we were planning to spend big regardless of what money was coming in.
You genuinely believe that Coutinho stays whilst 75m VVD 40m Ox and 67m Keita goes out of the bank?

Mega money. 182m on three players.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You genuinely believe that Coutinho stays whilst 75m VVD 40m Ox and 67m Keita goes out of the bank?

Mega money. 182m on three players.
No, I think Coutinho is going because he really wants to and that’ll happen in the summer.

FSG have been pretty good at balancing the books as far as transfers go, so we were due a bit of a splurge.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
John Henry would never sanction this spending without planning to sell everybody on Merseyside. If not, Linda will bugger off, and he'll end up living in a wigwam.

TheReligion

Abusive
No, I think Coutinho is going because he really wants to and that’ll happen in the summer.

FSG have been pretty good at balancing the books as far as transfers go, so we were due a bit of a splurge.
Exactly. I think the money has been sanctioned as its clear Coutinho is off.

Scholsey2004

Reading comments like "Got so little faith in the direction this club is taking in general."

And other similar comments with ppl shitting themselves it is completely laughable.

If you cant see the improvement we did from the past years then I dont know... we are currently 2nd and won 3 trophies last year. Liverpool are in their 3rd with klopp and they won feck all.
This. Its drama, drama, drama on here at times.

Scholsey2004

If they're buying van dyke for £75m then one of their big names must be on his way out. They don't tend to throw big chunks of money around like that.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not aware of this guy, any ideas what he's like? Seems a fairly sizeable amount to spend on somebody who only really came to prominence in the Turkish league last season age 25. Everton certainly could do with additional striking options, though.
He's an out an out striker, which is pretty much what they failed to sign in the summer. I think Calvert-Lewin has been doing a good job up there, but that's not really his game. 20 goals last season and also scored in Europe. Worth the gamble IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.