Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexUTD

If Liverpool sign Lemar, it must mean Coutinho to Barcelona.

If they sign Lemar and do not sell Coutinho it means Klopp is a bad manager, cause why would you go after more attackers with that goalkeeper and that defence!

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Cope are relatively reliable, right?
Meh, I'm a Jose fan and think he's done a great job rebuilding the foundation at United, but the prospect of watching attacking football once again should he leave, has me excited.

pascell

Meh, I'm a Jose fan and think he's done a great job rebuilding the foundation at United, but the prospect of watching attacking football once again should he leave, has me excited.
And what if we don't play attacking football under the next manager? Everyone seems to think we will, we've had 3 managers since SAF and not one has played the football that's expected at United at a consistent rate. I'd do anything and everything possible to keep Jose as we'll carry on winning trophies with him as manager, even it it means defensive football.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool

Good to see us being linked to a defender (albeit one that I have never heard of) :)

Robertd0803

I cant see the tweets, not work blocked or anything so not sure whats happening there?

Hansa

Have to say that I miss PSV making headway in the Champions League. For those of us growing up in the 80s, PSV was one of the top 5-6 clubs in Europe. Would be great to see them overtake Ajax and get into the latter stages of the CL again.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Have to say that I miss PSV making headway in the Champions League. For those of us growing up in the 80s, PSV was one of the top 5-6 clubs in Europe. Would be great to see them overtake Ajax and get into the latter stages of the CL again.
No chance the league is shite and sos there national team tbh. Europa league is more their standard.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan

The transfer infor from this-
  • Liverpool, arsenal, Manutd all interested in Lemar, Monaco will sell him for right price. Liverpool want him as coutinho replacement, Arsenal have the money but he does not prefer a move there, united like him but have alex sandro as a priority signing so will not have left over budget for him.
  • Malcom is the other option for United apart from Lemar who is cheaper and will be easier to get and under budget of 90 million euros (Sandro expected to be around 50-60 million euros + malcom for 25-30 million euros)
  • City want VVD, Sanchez and a 6(Same bullshit that has been briefed extensively by City) also still mentions about bertrand as mendy maybe out for the season.
  • Duncan specifically say Jose mourinho is actively looking to sign players in the jan market and he expects atleast one player to join.
  • Also mentions of Conte leaving at end of the season(they have been running with this for 3-4 weeks)
  • Arsenal will only buy if they lose a player, Liverpool will if they lose coutinho or if they can get VVD.

Rajma

Imo as much as we need a left back, a good midfielder should be a priority this window with our lack of options there, we really short in that department. Also, looking the way Herrera performs and Fellaini's exclusion makes us even more vulnerable. Essentially, we only have Pogba and Matic to rely on being fit for the rest of the season.

It's B Rubble

I actually appreciate that our manager does not speak about "main transfer targets". If Pep actually has been quoted as saying I want Sanchez and VVD, would that not be considered an indirect way of "tapping up" those players? If I were the manager of either team, I would be furious that my star players heads are being turned by Pep.

Reactions: SteveJ

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I actually appreciate that our manager does not speak about "main transfer targets". If Pep actually has been quoted as saying I want Sanchez and VVD, would that not be considered an indirect way of "tapping up" those players? If I were the manager of either team, I would be furious that my star players heads are being turned by Pep.
City’s official Twitter posted it! CNt get over that

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
MEN with same info as Duncan, looks like this is the brief from united. Malcom + central midfielder.

OoopsMisclick

Not sure where to post... (it's an article on HLN.be)

Confirmed by several 'sources' close to KV Oostende that Manchester City is interested in taking over the club from Marc Coucke, who bought RSC Anderlecht earlier this week. He needs to sell, since it's not allowed to own 2 clubs in the same division.

This would the 7th club that City officially owns.

source:
http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20171222_03257436

Last edited by a moderator:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

The transfer infor from this-
  • Liverpool, arsenal, Manutd all interested in Lemar, Monaco will sell him for right price. Liverpool want him as coutinho replacement, Arsenal have the money but he does not prefer a move there, united like him but have alex sandro as a priority signing so will not have left over budget for him.
  • Malcom is the other option for United apart from Lemar who is cheaper and will be easier to get and under budget of 90 million euros (Sandro expected to be around 50-60 million euros + malcom for 25-30 million euros)
  • City want VVD, Sanchez and a 6(Same bullshit that has been briefed extensively by City) also still mentions about bertrand as mendy maybe out for the season.
  • Duncan specifically say Jose mourinho is actively looking to sign players in the jan market and he expects atleast one player to join.
  • Also mentions of Conte leaving at end of the season(they have been running with this for 3-4 weeks)
  • Arsenal will only buy if they lose a player, Liverpool will if they lose coutinho or if they can get VVD.
Think we should go all out for Lemar. In a midfield 3, what we need is someone like KdB/Silva/Isco, someone along those lines. A creative, nimble, hard worker and also a very good player right now but still young so has his best years to come. Matic as the holder, Pogba in front and he needs someone creative next to him. As a bonus, it would allow us to play faux 4-4-2/4-3-3 type things. Martial/Rashford would start on the left further up, but can drift inside as a second striker, while Lemar can start as a 3rd midfielder, but drift wide to act as a wide midfielder depending on situations. Would be perfect IMO. Right winger also needed, but that type also vital IMO.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I start thinking that he could be the best possible signing we could make. We're dying for that type of midfielder and it could get the best out of Pogba by relieving some of the creative and dribbling duties in midfield, the best out of Lukaku by giving him reliable delivery, and the best out of Martial/Rashford as he can overlap them and push them inside more as second strikers where they want to be.

Scholsey2004

And what if we don't play attacking football under the next manager? Everyone seems to think we will, we've had 3 managers since SAF and not one has played the football that's expected at United at a consistent rate. I'd do anything and everything possible to keep Jose as we'll carry on winning trophies with him as manager, even it it means defensive football.
Same here. Jose's a pragmatist, if he thought we were good enough to blow teams away then that's what he'd be setting out to do. If people think there's a better manager out there waiting to hop on board then they're deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.