Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wasn´t there a report that Barcelona want to loan out Dembele, when Griezmann arrives. I could see Liverpool going for that. I assume Liverpool will try to build up Brewster and Woodburn for the future, and Dembele could cheaply bridge that gap for 12 months. The real issue is that Dembele is not exactly known for his (defensive) work ethic. Pulisic seems more like the Klopp-type.
Makes no sense. Liverpool aren't somecash-strapped small club, they'd be better off just signing a replacement. Why develop a player for another club? Where's the advantage in that

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Makes no sense. Liverpool aren't somecash-strapped small club, they'd be better off just signing a replacement. Why develop a player for another club? Where's the advantage in that
Well they spent €65M on Keita, allegedly €65M on Fekir and want to strengthen their defense again (I suppose), I don´t see where they find another €100M for a risky luxury buy like Dembele. Firmino probably didn´t re-sign for free either. Salah will ask for a hefty raise after winning the CL and the Ballon D´Or... :nervous:;)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well they spent €65M on Keita, allegedly €65M on Fekir and want to strengthen their defense again (I suppose), I don´t see where they find another €100M for a risky luxury buy like Dembele. Firmino probably didn´t re-sign for free either. Salah will ask for a hefty raise after winning the CL and the Ballon D´Or... :nervous:;)
If the plan is to develop their youngsters, why the feck would they want to take another youngster on loan and develop him instead?

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
If the plan is to develop their youngsters, why the feck would they want to take another youngster on loan and develop him instead?
Cause you need osme insurance in case of injuries and the young player not developing as you hoped. TAA has been fantastic for the most part and saved Liverpool €50M. At the same time Solanke has been a disappointment and could cost them €50M, if they end up missing the Champions League qualification, cause nobody scored against Everton, Stoke and Chelsea.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Di María offered to Atlético, who don´t disapprove the signing

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why are people over-reacting over Fakir and Dembele rumours to the scouse? They are good players but surely United can do better than these two as they aren't likely to improve us on what we already have in the squad
What team you been watching this season?

Trizy

Looking forward to Wolves transfers this season. They're clearly not afraid to look aboard. I'd imagine we'll see even more young Portuguese players coming to the league.

United_We_Stand

David McDonnell: "Manchester United are ready to use Anthony Martial in their bid to land Borussia Dortmund wonderkid Christian Pulisic.
The £40million-rated Pulisic has also caught the eye of Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, but United have now turned their attention to him, with Martial being used as a potential makeweight."

United_We_Stand

"Manchester United open to selling Anthony Martial to Chelsea - if Willian goes in the other direction. Ed Woodward is however completely willing to back any decision that Mourinho makes, and fully trusts his judgement on team affairs and playing personnel."

vangagal

David McDonnell: "Manchester United are ready to use Anthony Martial in their bid to land Borussia Dortmund wonderkid Christian Pulisic.
The £40million-rated Pulisic has also caught the eye of Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, but United have now turned their attention to him, with Martial being used as a potential makeweight."
"Manchester United open to selling Anthony Martial to Chelsea - if Willian goes in the other direction"
So which one is it? :lol: i know it out off topic but its funny that it seems they have no clue whatsoever regarding Martial but just put up a stories about whoever we previously linked with and put it up with Martial.

rotherham_red

As much as I love Tony (and I'd prefer him to any other potential alternative) if he is really minded to go, then someone like Pulisic or Bailey would be a good replacement - Left footed and relatively versatile.

Still though, seeing Martial flourish elsewhere will be a real kick in the teeth. Up until the last month or so, he's been nothing but an exemplary team player and dealt with every Jose test with impeccable professionalism. Above all else, you knew he 'got' Utd and what we were about.

The thought that Jose isn't arsed over Martial but is crawling over broken glass for Fellaini (all due respect to him for what he's done here after a horror show of a first season) is damning on what he prioritises for the club.

Rajma

"Manchester United open to selling Anthony Martial to Chelsea - if Willian goes in the other direction. Ed Woodward is however completely willing to back any decision that Mourinho makes, and fully trusts his judgement on team affairs and playing personnel."
Sincerely, hope it's not true but you wouldn't put it past our deluded board. Watch Woody panic and going for another unsuited manager in case Jose implodes next year.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So which one is it? :lol: i know it out off topic but its funny that it seems they have no clue whatsoever regarding Martial but just put up a stories about whoever we previously linked with and put it up with Martial.
McDonnell is slightly more reliable than Delaney but wouldn't trust either to be honest.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
McDonnell is slightly more reliable than Delaney but wouldn't trust either to be honest.
Wouldn't be averse to getting Pulisic but why would Mourinho sell a young, immature flair player to buy an even younger one??

Classical Mechanic

Pulisic isn't that good from what I have seen. Tight technique but low productivity and he is kind of weak. He only has marginal influence on games. He's potentially a great marketing tool if he can kick on but as it stands he is a step down from Martial so sending him there plus cash would be pretty dumb.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Wouldn't be averse to getting Pulisic but why would Mourinho sell a young, immature flair player to buy an even younger one??
I doubt it is true but could boil down to what JPRouve said here:

It's fairly simple the post that you quoted is wrong and you are wrong too, just because your approach is wrong. Mourinho rates experience and maturity, which is seen in the players that you mentioned Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic and Sanchez fit that description. Mourinho don't discriminate by age but by miles which isn't a bad thing if you have people within the club that will bring less experienced players to balance things out.
Pulisic has played 3000 more minutes than Martial did at the same age, plus Pulisic plays on the right so we'd be swapping an area we are stacked in for one we are light in.

United_We_Stand

"United remain interested in the Lazio midfielder and some members of the Milinkovic-Savic’s camp have been claiming it is actually a done deal with United, but that is believed to be premature at this stage. United have previously agreed deals with players long before the transfer window opened (eg. Victor Lindelof and Nemanja Matic) but Jose Mourinho knows Milinkovic-Savic’s agent well - Mateja Kezman was Mourinho’s second Chelsea signing.
The Serbia international remains of interest to United, along with Fred and Jorginho."

Suv666

Its all about the attitude mate. I reckon Jose dosent mind a young immature lad as long as he's willing to work hard and give his 100%. Hardwork over talent mate.

Suv666

"United remain interested in the Lazio midfielder and some members of the Milinkovic-Savic’s camp have been claiming it is actually a done deal with United, but that is believed to be premature at this stage. United have previously agreed deals with players long before the transfer window opened (eg. Victor Lindelof and Nemanja Matic) but Jose Mourinho knows Milinkovic-Savic’s agent well - Mateja Kezman was Mourinho’s second Chelsea signing.
The Serbia international remains of interest to United, along with Fred and Jorginho."
Why are we going for SMS? We need a silky smooth midfielder like Silva or Thiago not Fellaini 2.0.

Hanky panky

SMS is few class above Feillaini.

e. But i agree that silky smooth midfielder too. But still, should not compare SMS and Fellaini.

Kostov

This would be the only way that losing Martial would be less painful, since I rate Pulisic as high as Anthony. And if he is been rated as 40m wouldn't that mean Dortmund paying us the rest of the sum?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Its all about the attitude mate. I reckon Jose dosent mind a young immature lad as long as he's willing to work hard and give his 100%. Hardwork over talent mate.
If by attitude you mean tracking back and doing the donkey work defensively then actually Martial has improved a lot this season in that aspect. I think Jose's problem with Martial, or rather where Sanchez is much better than him is off the ball movement to create space for others and stretch the defense. Pulisic is as inconsistent at this at present when compared to Lingard( who would be his competition for the RW). Hence these links strike me as odd.
But as I said I wouldn't be averse to signing Pulisic as he's a great talent, just don't think this is a Jose kind of signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.