g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

If by attitude you mean tracking back and doing the donkey work defensively then actually Martial has improved a lot this season in that aspect. I think Jose's problem with Martial, or rather where Sanchez is much better than him is off the ball movement to create space for others and stretch the defense. Pulisic is as inconsistent at this at present when compared to Lingard( who would be his competition for the RW). Hence these links strike me as odd.
But as I said I wouldn't be averse to signing Pulisic as he's a great talent, just don't think this is a Jose kind of signing.
By attitude I mean giving everything he's got on the pitch like Sanchez and Lukaku lately. Martial just hasnt got that ambition and hunger Mou craves. He reminds me of Ozil and Mkhitaryan, waiting for something to happen rather than being that spark himself.

Suv666

You could of just said you've never watched Savic.
Obviously he is better than Fellaini in every aspect but they are of the same mould. SMS can't control a game like your Silvas and Thiagos.

SATA

Out of topic but Pulisic is a natural right winger, is he? Admittedly i have only seen him once for 45 mins and that was against Monaco in the CL in Dortmund. He was absolutely sensational on the right side, almost Ronaldo-like when he played for Sporting in the pre-season friendly against United before he signed

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I really hope we are in for Savic
So am I. He's a cracking player. Amazing technique. Real quality close control of the football for a big guy. Feck, for any size of a player. Would be a dream signing.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
By attitude I mean giving everything he's got on the pitch like Sanchez and Lukaku lately. Martial just hasnt got that ambition and hunger Mou craves. He reminds me of Ozil and Mkhitaryan, waiting for something to happen rather than being that spark himself.
Ozil played pretty well under Jose for 3 years at Madrid. You are confusing body language for attitude. Just because someone has a languid body language doesn't mean they have a lackadaisical attitude. An experienced manager like Jose would be well aware of that.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Sounds like a Pogba
Probably with much better mentality. But the worry is as many have mentioned that a midfield of Pogba, Matic and Savic might be quite immobile. We need a burst of energy from somewhere, which strangely enough, has mostly come through Matic running through the middle or pressing high on occasions. Savic is a class player though.

Bojan11

Obviously he is better than Fellaini in every aspect but they are of the same mould. SMS can't control a game like your Silvas and Thiagos.
They are not in the same mould. You clearly haven’t watched him.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Romain Collet-Gaudin (Canal+): "Jurgen Klopp has met Nabil Fekir. Fekir will sign for Liverpool for €70M (£61.6M) unless there are unforeseen circumstances. Chelsea also tried to sign Fekir but without success."
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-meets-12501772
In retrospect we will watch this guy just like we are watching Salah and Silva, wondering why the feck we were never in for them.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I know. Why can’t we just sign everyone?
Yeah, you are right.

Alternatively we can just sign the ones with standout qualities who can feature in all positions across the front 3, and also as a third CM in a midfield 3.

Someone like...Fekir.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Fekir is the standout attacking player who will be available to buy this summer.

His ideal position is behind the striker though and unless we sell Pogba, he won’t be able to play there for us.

Class player.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I know. Why can’t we just sign everyone?
Bit of a silly thing to say.

There are, and have been, quality players available for positions we've desperately needed for a few years now. We've just ignored it or signed players that didn't work out.

The bigger issue for me is that, in my opinion, it doesn't really matter who we sign. There's a underlying issue with our attack that personnel won't solve. The summer got Memphis and Liverpool got Firmino. Let's say we'd swapped signings. I'd bet money Memphis would be successful at Liverpool and we'd have flogged Firmino by now.

acnumber9

Yeah, you are right.

Alternatively we can just sign the ones with standout qualities who can feature in all positions across the front 3, and also as a third CM in a midfield 3.

Someone like...Fekir.
I’m sure we’ll survive.

IrishRedDevil

Please don't let them twats sign Fekir :(

VVD, Keita, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Fekir are top quality and a bit concerning. One more top CB and they'll be flying.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Atleti should gazump Liverpool for Fekir. He is tailor-made for the Grizou role.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
In retrospect we will watch this guy just like we are watching Salah and Silva, wondering why the feck we were never in for them.
Football doesnt work that way. Nobody saw Salah being the success he has been. Fekir may not be a success here.

However Klopps system hfavours attacking players so theres a good chance Fekir wil work out.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Total 100m transfers.

Rest of the world: 4
Barcelona:3(if this Griezmann deal goes through)

KM

Yeah, you are right.

Someone like...Fekir.
Good luck fitting Pogba and Fekir in a same midfield. Let's increase the defensive responsibility on our best player by signing a new player.

If he can play in a front three and at right, then we should be in for him. Else it's useless.

AndyJ1985

Good luck fitting Pogba and Fekir in a same midfield. Let's increase the defensive responsibility on our best player by signing a new player.

If he can play in a front three and at right, then we should be in for him. Else it's useless.
There's always so much talk on here about fitting players in to our team. All while Barcelona, Real Madrid and City stockpile shit loads of world class players. Even Liverpool are looking at signing more attackers.

Our squad depth is poor. We need all the quality players we can get.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Total 100m transfers.

Rest of the world: 4
Barcelona:3(if this Griezmann deal goes through)
For Barcelona, it is actually 4 in case of Griezmann because Neymar cost much more than the previously mentioned €80m. Bartomeu had to admit that the costs of that transfer were way above €100m.

Adding Suarez with a cheap release clause of just €82m, amounts to more than €500m for just 5 players. What is up with Barca's youth policy? Insane numbers.

KM

There's always so much talk on here about fitting players in to our team. All while Barcelona, Real Madrid and City stockpile shit loads of world class players. Even Liverpool are looking at signing more attackers.

Our squad depth is poor. We need all the quality players we can get.
Madrid have poor bench strength. Liverpool aren't stockpiling talents too, they need more attackers. If one of their front three gets injured, then they're starting Danny Ings in the CL final.

City usually play with 4 attacking players and they have two players for every position, don't think that's stockpiling too.

KM

For Barcelona, it is actually 4 in case of Griezmann because Neymar cost much more than the previously mentioned €80m. Bartomeu had to admit that the costs of that transfer were way above €100m.

Adding Suarez with a cheap release clause of just €82m, amounts to more than €500m for just 5 players. What is up with Barca's youth policy? Insane numbers.
What's even more sad is that their team still looks totally shit without Messi.

Sanche7

Barca are trying to do a Real whereas Real are trying to do a Barca.
Real are stockpiling talented youngsters, Ascencio, Cabellos, Hernandez, that Brazilian kid and a few others like Odegaard .
While Barca have spend 350 + 100 mill in bonuses since the sale of Neymar. They will spend another 150 mill this summer. That's 600 mill within a year

Yagami

Good post resistant
£60m for Fekir is an absolute bargain. He's my favourite player in the world to watch so please don't go to the scousers. It's bad enough they got Firmino and Van Dijk.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Fekir is a beast defensively. I've said it for ages - he'd make a world class CM.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
What's even more sad is that their team still looks totally shit without Messi.
Well, but if you account individually for each of those players that puts us above 500M

Suarez was signed 4 years ago, and has done more than enough to justify his price, even tho he's not the same now.
Neymar was "above 100M", he delivered with his performances, and left leaving a surplus of 100M.
Coutinho has been here for 4 months.
Dembelé has been injured.
Griezmann is not even here.

Add to that the ban to sign players a couple years ago (which hurt not only our first team, but all the other youth teams) and that 9 players that were, let's put it midly, in the plans for our future, were banned from playing in the youth ranks and we can start to understand how this imbalanced squad came to be the sad thing that Messi carries around.

Chances to get things right were slim in the past 3/4 years with the ban looming over us or being active, I think we're doing alright and that from those 500M spent we can't have anything to argue against at this point, we'll see if Coutinho, Dembele or Griezmann deliver, but so far those signings are not our problem.

Rajma

Romain Collet-Gaudin (Canal+): "Jurgen Klopp has met Nabil Fekir. Fekir will sign for Liverpool for €70M (£61.6M) unless there are unforeseen circumstances. Chelsea also tried to sign Fekir but without success."
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-meets-12501772
Given the arrival of Keita...If they can get Fekir plus another quality CB along with GK in Alisson, they will definitely have the tools to challenge City next season.

MJJ

Lemar and Pogba play just fine for France, why would fekir and Pogba struggle?

cyberman

But you're cheery picking here. What about all of those other transfers that we just have to gazump just to get these players?
We would have a squad of 50 filled with other teams targets!

Status
Not open for further replies.