Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
@B20 If all these links for Liverpool prove fruitful then the fan base can't use FSG as an excuse anymore if Klopp doesnt win them trophies.
To be fair, he could be just a few weeks away from winning them the biggest of all well before any summer additions.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
@B20 If all these links for Liverpool prove fruitful then the fan base can't use FSG as an excuse anymore if Klopp doesnt win them trophies.
If we pull it all off, then yes. We'll still be the 4th strongest club in England in terms of spending power so I don't think it necessarily follows that Klopp must win trophies if we spend what we earn. But it will mean that FSG can be let off the hook and credited with finally providing a proper platform for challenging. Only took them 8 years to sort out if so.

SATA

Why are people over-reacting over Fakir and Dembele rumours to the scouse? They are good players but surely United can do better than these two as they aren't likely to improve us on what we already have in the squad

gulli_G

Why are people over-reacting over Fakir and Dembele rumours to the scouse? They are good players but surely United can do better than these two as they aren't likely to improve us on what we already have in the squad

Dembele is currently better than any of our RW options.

dove

How can they not improve us? We literally don't have a single RW in the team so basically any RW would be an improvement to what we got.

Charles Miller

They won't sign dembele. Barcelona aren't going to sell willingly and i doubt liverpool would have the arguments to convince the kid to give up on his dream so soon. Dembele really really REALLY wanted to play for barcelona
Starting to see some Barca fans like that youtuber Mister Seitan talking about selling Dembele mostly because apparently he can't perform in the 4-4-2. Also if Barca will sign Griezman who they will bench?

In fact Barca had a very strange transfer policy after Neymar going to PSG. I doubt Coutinho can replace Iniesta in the middle. Coutinho would be great in the left replacing Neymar because he can defend better and he can move to the center and let Alba attack. But buying him to play in the right is very bizarre.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Starting to see some Barca fans like that youtuber Mister Seitan talking about selling Dembele mostly because apparently he can't perform in the 4-4-2. Also if Barca will sign Griezman who they will bench?

In fact Barca had a very strange transfer policy after Neymar going to PSG. I doubt Coutinho can replace Iniesta in the middle. Coutinho would be great in the left replacing Neymar because he can defend better and he can move to the center and let Alba attack. But buying him to play in the right is very bizarre.
Clearly Countinho will replace Iniesta on the left when he leaves this summer.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
They won't sign dembele. Barcelona aren't going to sell willingly and i doubt liverpool would have the arguments to convince the kid to give up on his dream so soon. Dembele really really REALLY wanted to play for barcelona
Yeah the only way it happens is if he's been told he's not wanted there. Then I can see how the Klopp factor comes in as he initially snubbed us for Klopp at Dortmund.

Deechii

Did someone see the laugh that Hazard made on Instagram about a move to United, and the words : " No Chance "

Last edited by a moderator:

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
True but and I know it's a hated argument on here but net spend has to be taken in to account . We don't have 150 to spend without selling every summer . However I banged this drum last summer the cash was there. We got our targets apart from sessegnon. Then the Coutinho money came in .
With the influx this summer I imagine it's there. So yeah there's no excuse but as @B20 alluded to, if you look at the money in depth instead of just seeing the figures we still can't march you guys. We are using it a lot more smartly there days albeit very slowly.

Nobody wants to win the net spend trophy. I'd love us to spend big, but we'll continue in the way we have done and thankfully Klopp is an elite enough manager that he's got us in to the mix with huge deficiencies at times. It's progress.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Wasn´t there a report that Barcelona want to loan out Dembele, when Griezmann arrives. I could see Liverpool going for that. I assume Liverpool will try to build up Brewster and Woodburn for the future, and Dembele could cheaply bridge that gap for 12 months. The real issue is that Dembele is not exactly known for his (defensive) work ethic. Pulisic seems more like the Klopp-type.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yeah the only way it happens is if he's been told he's not wanted there. Then I can see how the Klopp factor comes in as he initially snubbed us for Klopp at Dortmund.
Klopp had already been with you guys for a year before Dembele joined Dortmund? I don't think he'll be moving for another year or two yet anyway.

Sanche7

Wasn´t there a report that Barcelona want to loan out Dembele, when Griezmann arrives. I could see Liverpool going for that. I assume Liverpool will try to build up Brewster and Woodburn for the future, and Dembele could cheaply bridge that gap for 12 months. The real issue is that Dembele is not exactly known for his (defensive) work ethic. Pulisic seems more like the Klopp-type.
I don't think that is going to happen.
When you buy a player for a world record fee and loan/sell him the very next year, it will raise eyebrows especially considering all the politics going on within that Barca board.It would look like they don't really have a plan and are just throwing money around.
Just look at how Perez is clinging on to Bale, hoping he would be a success so that he can justify the money he paid for him

Also Dembele would never agree to the move as he would want to stay and fight for a place,even if it meant sitting on the bench a bit.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Lichtsteiner to Borussia Dortmund this summer(according to Bild)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If Liverpool get both Fekir and Demble whilst strengthening their defence, I'd expect them to challenge for the title next season.
They only need to do the latter anyway. Their attack is already far better than ours for example and amongst the very best in the league/Europe.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Take this discussion to the Liverpool thread, lads.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The problem for Dembelé is that Messi usually develops a small group very close to him.Relationship that later is translated in the performances in the pitch .
It seems that Coutinho had a good start and I imagine perfectly Messi, Suárez and Griezmann smiling drinking mate.
By language, youth, shyness, or whatever he is not connecting with them.
That shyness and insecurity can be seen in the pitch,when he plays,because spending more than 100 m€ for a bench player...I don't think Barsa can afford that situation for too long,especially if they want to sign Griezmann,with his massive wages,since Atletico were willing to pay him 20net/year so the precontract should be a similar amount.
You are right that it's too early to resign but for the moment he has lost a year.I am not sure if his options for the world cup are still the same

Castia

Barce don’t have unlimited funds, it’s not that bizarre to suggest they’ll sell Dembele to fund Griezmann.

NoPace

What's the issue? Just play a bit asymmetrically with Dembele providing width and Messi having lots of freedom.

--------Suarez----------------
--------Messi-------Dembele-
---Coutinho---CM-----------
Alba----Busquets-----------
-----Umtiti-Pique-Semedo/SR
-------Ter Stegen------------

and they should probably buy a top CM in the summer since Paulinho and Rakitic are fine but could be upgraded.

I don't really see the Griezmann thing making sense for them yet. I'd probably just wait another year or two since Suarez turns 32 halfway through next season and has dropped his goals per minutes again (40 in 3100 in 15-16, 29 in 2850 in 16-17 and now 24 in 2700) and buy their next great 9 like Salah, Werner or Kane. Griezmann could be a great 9 for them though so maybe they'll awkwardly fit him in, bench Dembele for a year and then let Suarez go next summer or the year after.

FireBlade

I Wonder if Liverpool will try and swap Dembele for Salah would not be a bad idea then bring in Fakir along with there new MF, GK, CB.

Salah instead of Griezmann in a strait swap could be a master stroke for both clubs, Barca could get Salah on cheaper wages and replace a potential star with a ready made one.

Liverpool would bank on him being better than salah when he matures.

Last edited by a moderator:

C'est Moi Cantona

I thought he was banned from this thread last summer.

He has an extremely silly name, too.
No idea, but seems good to me, seems well linked, does interviews with decent people, doesn't say that much about transfers, and when he does it seems genuine enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.