Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Ah, a young Aguero.

Wish we had signed him back then. He was an absolute workhorse at the time, a bit like Tevez.

His overall game now is obviously far more refined and he is still a world class striker on his day.

Would be a good deal for Atletico.

Acquire Me

Ah, a young Aguero.

Wish we had signed him back then. He was an absolute workhorse at the time, a bit like Tevez.

His overall game now is obviously far more refined and he is still a world class striker on his day.

I think its strange that we never made a move for him. He was always going to be star.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think its strange that we never made a move for him. He was always going to be star.
I remember Fergie saying how hard it was to deal with Atletico when speaking about trying to buy Torres then there's how similar he was to Rooney at the time

Ahsan_6386

From what I remember I think we scouted him and were interested but baulked at the asking price then City swooped in and paid the money which I think was 38 million pounds . That was a lot of money then considering we didn't even sign Tevez for 24 or 25 million pound permanently after the 2 year loan inspite of his good performances for us .

jesperjaap

Martial was worth 57m as an unknown teenager, remember that was before the market exploded and he's proven that the talent is there.

Pulisic is supposedly available for around 40m so there's no way he's worth more than Martial.
Dont get me wrong, I think Martial is talented and also being used wrongly as he should be up front. But in no way has he justified talent worthy of that fee or anywhere close. As you say he was £57 depending on other things happening BEFORE the market exploded, yet I bet he will go for less than that if he leaves. Also dont know why people are talking about what Dortmund players they would lke to see him swapped for, no way he is going there (even though its the right move for him) with some of the other clubs being linked, they wont spend £40m or so on him anyway.

jesperjaap

Ah, a young Aguero.

When he isnt injured, he is still a world class striker full stop. Drogba, Henry, Ruud....not sure (tho bound to have forgotten a couple) of any other foreign strikers have been better than him in the premiership. He is that good cant help but like him even being a City player.

TrebleFan99

I remember Fergie saying how hard it was to deal with Atletico when speaking about trying to buy Torres then there's how similar he was to Rooney at the time
See if they’ll take Martial for Greizmann.

Unfortunately most of the caf would want Greizmann plus cash.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
just seems like Liverpool want all the top talents and we are linked to well whoever city are linked to
Those names are just recycled for every top 4 team who would want a winger. It’s so transparent. We’ve been linked with all 3 as well.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yerry Mina linked with loan move to Liverpool (@The Stain)

Torino President Cairo: "Andrea Belotti is one of our players, we do not want to sell him, we want to keep him. There is no negotiation going on". (@RedSky)

There's also another Gazzetta tweet about Atleti, Monaco and Dortmund being interested in Ünder but Roma don't want to listen to any offers. Gazzetta is a pretty poor outlet though so not posting it. Just posted the one on stuff from Cairo as it is direct quotes.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There's also another Gazzetta tweet about Atleti, Monaco and Dortmund being interested in Ünder but Roma don't want to listen to any offers. Gazzetta is a pretty poor outlet though so not posting it. Just posted the one on stuff from Cairo as it is direct quotes.
Monchi effect in full swing. The man is a genius.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yerry Mina linked with loan move to Liverpool (@The Stain)

Torino President Cairo: "Andrea Belotti is one of our players, we do not want to sell him, we want to keep him. There is no negotiation going on". (@RedSky)

Duck sake Belotti.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Monchi effect in full swing. The man is a genius.
Still early days but things are looking good. Ünder took a while to get his first goal (in Feb) but he had a run of 8 league starts from end of January to beginning of March and benefited from it. Only one of our attackers (Sanchez, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Mata) with more consecutive league starts than that is Sanchez and he has been here half the season.

Ünder was poor in the first leg v Liverpool but it is only natural for young players to have good and bad games. Been a good debut season for him overall.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
completely forgot he played for them, city legend! we should be trying for more agueros, suarezes, dybalas before they become too expensive. Also would love to see finally United have a pacey, low centre gravity, technical striker for once. I like Lukaku but I think we can certainly upgrade or at least make Lukaku some competition andadd some diversity to our attack. Sanchez is better off as an advanced playmaker, he lost his pace and explosivness past few years..

Sambob

completely forgot he played for them, city legend! we should be trying for more agueros, suarezes, dybalas before they become too expensive. Also would love to see finally United have a pacey, low centre gravity, technical striker for once. I like Lukaku but I think we can certainly upgrade or at least make Lukaku some competition andadd some diversity to our attack. Sanchez is better off as an advanced playmaker, he lost his pace and explosivness past few years..
We tried a few times for Aguero in the two seasons before he moved, but he wasnt into it at the time, he was labelled as 'the new rooney' and all that seemed like he would have been a perfect fit. Often we identify these players but unlike the old days there is just so much more choice at the moment and so much money around too.

vangagal

We tried a few times for Aguero in the two seasons before he moved, but he wasnt into it at the time, he was labelled as 'the new rooney' and all that seemed like he would have been a perfect fit. Often we identify these players but unlike the old days there is just so much more choice at the moment and so much money around too.
I bet the deal was off because agent fee too like Hazard. If i'm not mistaken, we were also in for Benzema only for him to choose Madrid.

MJJ

I bet the deal was off because agent fee too like Hazard. If i'm not mistaken, we were also in for Benzema only for him to choose Madrid.
Benzema one pisses me off, we should have made madrid agree to not pursue him as part of the ronaldo deal. Get Benzema,Robben and a CM that season instead of owen,valencia and fecking obertan/diouf and we would have done so much better.

vangagal

Benzema one pisses me off, we should have made madrid agree to not pursue him as part of the ronaldo deal. Get Benzema,Robben and a CM that season instead of owen,valencia and fecking obertan/diouf and we would have done so much better.
The year of no value in the market and every agent is a dick by Fergie. Just pay those damn fee and we are set that season.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

Allegedly, the offer should be higher than €33M + Martial on loan with "right of redemption", I don't know if that means a buy clause at the end, Martial coming back to United or whatever.

But nothing will happen if Martial doesn't renew, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.