Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurell

Supports
Football
My guess? He's plan B to neymar(who is impossible) and we figured he wouldn't be too expensive. Doesn't look like a likely deal, but maybe liverpool have identified a better player to replace him, so who knows. He's not Salah, or even Coutinho, not all that difficult to replace
Not difficult to replace? That type of players is really difficult to find now. All the most talented left wingers are already in top club: Asensio, Sané, Hazard, Bale, Neymar (Coman, Douglas Costa, Vitolo, Martial in a 2nd tier). Even Bayern struggles to find a replacement for Ribery. So if the club is not dealing for Lemar or Bale and not some Bailey or Brandt it's a terrible move.
In fact given the number of good false wingers, I think Coutinho should've been the easier replacement: Fekir, Dybala, Lemar, Draxler, Bernardo, Guedes...

Anyway I don't believe there is a real interest

1) PSG would never sell Verratti, look what happened when Barcelona tried to buy him last season.

2) With Fred already in I cannot see how we would buy another CM likely costing £80-£120m. We need to strengthen in so many other positions.
Well things seem to change if we're looking at the supporters. And it won't be a bad thing for the club given Verratti's mentality. So I guess it depends of Tuchel, Nasser's ability to be more lucid than Possessive and the others opportunities

Reactions: Sultan

Woziak

Apparently Fred's contract is a 5 year contract at 85k per week, still not convinced at the 53M being reported but the wages are relative cheap when you consider Pastore wants double his salary from West Ham.

The United Wage budget was rumoured to be third in the World at £287M last year only behind Barcelona and Madrid but still less than 50% of our total revenue. The so called rumoured transfer budget of £150M plus players sales can easily be increased simply by reducing the wage bill by 20M per year or adding 80M amortized over 4 years to this years transfer budget.

My point, most United Fans do not believe we can spend £300M in this window, the simple truth is, we could easily just by the savings on the wage bill and Fringe player sales.
Players like Zlatan, Carrick, Feillani, Darmian, Blind, S Johnstonne, A Pereira, J Wilson, J Riley plus probably two other first team squad players like Mata and Jones leaving would bring in 90M plus reduce the weekly wage bill by 1.3 million pounds per week. (Louis Van Gaal is rumoured to have put Wilson on a 5 year contract 3 years ago on 65k per week!!!!)

So far with the signings of Dalot and Fred, the club have made two very astute signings probably costing a maximum of 125k per week so it's highly conceivable that 4 more Elite players could sign for a combined weekly salary of 775k per week still leaving the club a saving of 400k per week or 20M per year off the wage bill!

It's for this very reason that I see any move for Bale, Ronaldo or Griezmann only happening if Pogba was to leave after the club has already agreed to pay out 500k per week for Sanchez and looking to increase De Gea's Contract to 350k per week.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Just curious, does anybody know Sanchez actual salary? I've read everything from 350k to 550k. What is the correct amount?
Only people who will know for sure are Sanchez, his agent and the higher ups at United. Football Leaks released a bunch of contract details for players a month ago but take their figures with a pinch of salt. About £275k/week excluding image rights and various bonuses sounds about right.

Inter Yer Nan

Apparently Fred's contract is a 5 year contract at 85k per week, still not convinced at the 53M being reported but the wages are relative cheap when you consider Pastore wants double his salary from West Ham.

The United Wage budget was rumoured to be third in the World at £287M last year only behind Barcelona and Madrid but still less than 50% of our total revenue. The so called rumoured transfer budget of £150M plus players sales can easily be increased simply by reducing the wage bill by 20M per year or adding 80M amortized over 4 years to this years transfer budget.

My point, most United Fans do not believe we can spend £300M in this window, the simple truth is, we could easily just by the savings on the wage bill and Fringe player sales.
Players like Zlatan, Carrick, Feillani, Darmian, Blind, S Johnstonne, A Pereira, J Wilson, J Riley plus probably two other first team squad players like Mata and Jones leaving would bring in 90M plus reduce the weekly wage bill by 1.3 million pounds per week. (Louis Van Gaal is rumoured to have put Wilson on a 5 year contract 3 years ago on 65k per week!!!!)

So far with the signings of Dalot and Fred, the club have made two very astute signings probably costing a maximum of 125k per week so it's highly conceivable that 4 more Elite players could sign for a combined weekly salary of 775k per week still leaving the club a saving of 400k per week or 20M per year off the wage bill!

It's for this very reason that I see any move for Bale, Ronaldo or Griezmann only happening if Pogba was to leave after the club has already agreed to pay out 500k per week for Sanchez and looking to increase De Gea's Contract to 350k per week.
I think it's most likely $53m which is around 42m GBP which sounds about right. The press always keep the amount in the highest currency and quote in pounds. Not sure what the obsession with them doing this is to be honest.

Skåre Willoch

Only people who will know for sure are Sanchez, his agent and the higher ups at United. Football Leaks released a bunch of contract details for players a month ago but take their figures with a pinch of salt. About £275k/week excluding image rights and various bonuses sounds about right.
Cheers. Sounds more realistic than most other figures quoted, even when including image rights.

C'est Moi Cantona

The United Wage budget was rumoured to be third in the World at £287M last year only behind Barcelona and Madrid but still less than 50% of our total revenue. The so called rumoured transfer budget of £150M plus players sales can easily be increased simply by reducing the wage bill by 20M per year or adding 80M
amortized over 4 years to this years transfer budget.

Zlatan's wages have been taken + some with Sanchez, the wages from Carrick, Fellaini, and Darmian, are Fred + one more similar signing, Pereira's wages are paid by his loan club, and the rest will save very little, Mata's going nowhere.

There is no way we'll spend £300 million, and there is no way we should be in a position we need to, Fred, Dalot, a CB, and then one more (CM, RW, or CF) will be it imo (and amen to that), £150 gross, £90-£100 million net, max.

Inter Yer Nan

Zlatan's wages have been taken + some with Sanchez, the wages from Carrick, Fellaini, and Darmian, are Fred + one more similar signing, Pereira's wages are paid by his loan club, and the rest will save very little, Mata's going nowhere.

There is no way we'll spend £300 million, and there is no way we should be in a position we need to, Fred, Dalot, a CB, and then one more (CM, RW, or CF) will be it imo (and amen to that), £150 gross, £90-£100 million net, max.
I think we'll sign a RW and a LB before we sign a CB even. I think we will end up with Fred, Dalot and three more. I'd estimate the spend will be around 220-230m or even around 250 if we sign a Bale or Griezmann.

The good thing is if we sign our perceived targets we'll probably have a squad/XI set for a couple of seasons perhaps with the exception of a marquee midfield signing next summer.

Woziak

Just curious, does anybody know Sanchez actual salary? I've read everything from 350k to 550k. What is the correct amount?
He was a free transfer so the media when reporting his salary included the signing on fee which was reported to be £30M over 4.5 years so his basic salary with image rights is probably nearer to 350k per week with match day bonuses taking that nearer to 375k per week but the signing on fee was not paid as a one off payment but amortized over 4.5 years which is the equivalent of 234 weekly instalments of £128,205.00 so yep pretty close to 500k per week!

We will be able soon to see how the wages to turnover compares in year end final accounts this year to previous years and it's important to remember that Zlatan earnt a very similar weekly wage in his first season which has been confirmed by multiple sources and certainly not denied by Raiola or Zlatan!

United, under Woodward are more than happy to pay Brewsters to 2 or 3 absolute stellar marquee signings.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
ok ok, the special prices are only for Madrid because you tried to sign Asensio. Madrid are willing to reach 500 to sign Salah so we will be close
You can pay Salah a million a week when he is yours. I couldn't give a shit. The cost is still = one Asensio. Special rate for Madrid only as mentioned.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
You can pay Salah a million a week when he is yours. I couldn't give a shit. The cost is still = one Asensio. Special rate for Madrid only as mentioned.
Well, in that case I think we'll have to look for other alternatives. Personally, any Liverpool player good be my first choice.
Salah is really good, but he has only played a top season. I think it is a bit risky and I prefer Neymar. The thing about Mane is a rumor like many others.
In any case, when a player wants to go ... it does not matter what the club think, remember Xabi Alonso

Zoo

#Inter meeting for Malcolm with the president of Bordeaux, his agents and the DS Piero auxiliary: Very high costs but an attempt in progress

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wolves have 40m to spend? And they opt it towards Cancelo?!

NYAS

The point isn’t that Wolves are loaded, it’s that they won’t pass FFP if they spend that kind of money on one right-back.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Well, in that case I think we'll have to look for other alternatives. Personally, any Liverpool player good be my first choice.
Salah is really good, but he has only played a top season. I think it is a bit risky and I prefer Neymar. The thing about Mane is a rumor like many others.
In any case, when a player wants to go ... it does not matter what the club think, remember Xabi Alonso
Yeah. :( Oh Rafa. Rafa, Rafa, Rafa. What did you do? Gareth Barry. :nervous:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Weird. Do we have another LB preferred? It's quite an important role that needs filling right now..
He's not going to the World Cup so thinking is there's probably plenty of time to go for him (if we are) and the priority right now is to deal with players going to the World Cup (Fred) and players that are potentially high in demand (Diogo Dalot).

Status
Not open for further replies.