Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falklander

These Italian clubs are on a massive bluff for some reason. They link themselves to players well out if their price range almost as if there trying to stay relevant.

Inter need to sell players they’re fecking broke yet they’ve been linked with Malcom and Dembele in recent days. Juve are nearly as bad they like putting their name to big players we all know they can’t afford.
Why would anyone pay big money for a player with 1 year left on contract who doesn’t want to sign a new deal anyway.Also i very much doubt Juve cant afford player with Agnelli family and entire Fiat company behind them,they just doing it smartly, almost like half of this forum never heard for negotiating tactic.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal

Dortmund will sign Delaney for around 20€m.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yeah because bale's price has been quoted around 222m euros
222m euros for a player who cannot stay fit, yes I would take Willian instead, even at £80m I wouldn't take Bale.
Willian over Talisca/Arnautovic, seems pretty sensible.
Bale is obviously much better when fully fit but his injury record is terrible, and he would cost silly money.
First of all, I’d be absolutely amazed if that €222m figure is accurate, it’s Madrid PR and it’s most likely nonsense. If that is indeed the figure then there’s no way the club would pay it anyway so I’m not sure why that’s even a concern.

If you could get Bale for under £90m it’s an absolute no brainier. He’s been fit all season, just not selected and I’m pretty confident he’d be fit enough to justify his price tag. He’s a match winner, Willian is not.

Sambob

First of all, I’d be absolutely amazed if that €222m figure is accurate, it’s Madrid PR and it’s most likely nonsense. If that is indeed the figure then there’s no way the club would pay it anyway so I’m not sure why that’s even a concern.

If you could get Bale for under £90m it’s an absolute no brainier. He’s been fit all season, just not selected and I’m pretty confident he’d be fit enough to justify his price tag. He’s a match winner, Willian is not.
Has he been fit ALL season? I dont want to go and look it up and be some billy big balls with stats but I feel like he has been out for portions of this season?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

It's perez. Still butthurt with the DDG transfer saga. Remember he quoted 90m for Morata only to sell him to Chelsea for 60m later?

BluesJr

Has he been fit ALL season? I dont want to go and look it up and be some billy big balls with stats but I feel like he has been out for portions of this season?
He said himself after the final apart from the first 3-4 games or whatever he’s been fit just not selected for whatever reason and that’s caused him to have a think about more regular football.

BluesJr

It's perez. Still butthurt with the DDG transfer saga. Remember he quoted 90m for Morata only to sell him to Chelsea for 60m later?
Again, if we had signed Morata it wouldn’t have been for €90m. By all accounts the deal was nearly agreed lower than that before we went for Lukaku. Madrid PR is nonsense, people need to stop believing it.

Sambob

He said himself after the final apart from the first 3-4 games or whatever he’s been fit just not selected for whatever reason and that’s caused him to have a think about more regular football.
Turns out he was injured basically September til December

Jacci

He missed 14 games due to injuries this season.

IrishRedDevil

The Premier League is insanely rich, so buying off another PL team is expensive business. Now the minimum for most decent players, even defenders, is £30-50m, so I don't blame Palace for looking £70m for Zaha, as it's similar to what Leicester want for Mahrez. Zaha is by far their most important player and last season perhaps was the difference in them staying up and not getting relegated. People can laugh at the figure at face value, but in today's market I don't see a huge issue with it.

lysglimt

Scout
Bale is obviously much better when fully fit but his injury record is terrible, and he would cost silly money.
Terrible is a stretch - he has averaged close to 50 matches a season in all competition since joining Real. In his 3 last seasons at Spurs he averaged 33 league matches a season

Dong Fangzhuo

Terrible is a stretch - he has averaged close to 50 matches a season in all competition since joining Real. In his 3 last seasons at Spurs he averaged 33 league matches a season
He's averaged slightly less than 38 games per season with Real and a little over 25 league games. According to Transfermarkt he has missed an average of just over 12 games per season due to injury since joining Real. That's a pretty damn poor injury record.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Again, if we had signed Morata it wouldn’t have been for €90m. By all accounts the deal was nearly agreed lower than that before we went for Lukaku. Madrid PR is nonsense, people need to stop believing it.
I think we went for Lukaku because we were not ready to pay what Madrid was demanding. Why would we move for Rom if we had an agreement in place for Morata with Madrid?

Minimalist

Transfer fees are hilarious now, Zaha 70m that is nuts. I'd pay 35 Mar or maybe 40 in today's piss take market.
All relative to 'potential' (in players like Zaha) and the fact even shitty West Brom walked away with £150m in cash from last season. The money is there and if you want a player - you may have to use it.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Am I actually reading people wanting Willian over Bale in this thread?
I do.

Never been overly excited by Bale. Good player, but he has injury problems, on ridiculous wage at Madrid, would cost the earth to sign, and it doesnt appear he wants to leave Madrid or join United for that matter.

I think Willian would be a fantastic and effective solution to our right wing problem without much of the fanfare.

I dont think we will ever sign Bale, and that this is just a higher profile version of the Gaitan to United stories( i.e the press will run with them every Summer)

Castia

Why would anyone pay big money for a player with 1 year left on contract who doesn’t want to sign a new deal anyway.Also i very much doubt Juve cant afford player with Agnelli family and entire Fiat company behind them,they just doing it smartly, almost like half of this forum never heard for negotiating tactic.

1 year or not Dembele is well out of Inter’s range, he’s been one of Spurs better players they’ll still want a decent fee.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
[
They only want De Ligt if they sell Alderwierald. If they sell Alderwierald itl probably be for £50m so it's really same for same.

Looking at their team they only really need.a top midfielder. Maybe a couple of squad options on top but their first XI is very good.
They finished 3rd and knocked out of Europe early so clearly need to improve just like us. And De Ligt will cost more than Alderweireld largely because there is far more competition for the former.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
[

They finished 3rd and knocked out of Europe early so clearly need to improve just like us. And De Ligt will cost more than Alderweireld largely because there is far more competition for the former.
They only buy De Ligt if they sell Toby and they won't sell Toby for less than 50m. So they can afford De Ligt plus more if the situation arose to buy him.

Also they got knocked out by last year's finalists whilst beating Real and outplaying them over two legs in the same campaign. They showed MUCH more European prowess than what we have in the Champions league since SAF left us.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Well, Bayern want north of 200m for Lewandowski - straight swap for Bale is on! ;)

Charles Miller

Meh, doubt there's any truth in this. If there is, it's an easy choice for him.
Dont believe in the link with United. But for sure he could go to a middle table club and start a career in a top league. Seems to be like Hulk or Oscar. A type of player who will always prioritize the money.

crossy1686

career ending
Dont believe in the link with United. But for sure he could go to a middle table club and start a career in a top league. Seems to be like Hulk or Oscar. A type of player who will always prioritize the money.
Depends on your priorities really. If he's at peace with the idea that he'll never play for a top European side and win major trophies then a move for major money might be all he's got left to go for. I don't understand players who can and do play for major teams and move to China.

Charles Miller

Couldn't find a tweet but a very reliable source(Globo Esporte) is reporting that Real Madrid is signing Santos teenager Rodrygo Goes for $45 millions.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
They only buy De Ligt if they sell Toby and they won't sell Toby for less than 50m. So they can afford De Ligt plus more if the situation arose to buy him.

Also they got knocked out by last year's finalists whilst beating Real and outplaying them over two legs in the same campaign. They showed MUCH more European prowess than what we have in the Champions league since SAF left us.
I would dispute that last point given there poor performances in Europe in the past few years and still knocked out in the same stage as us. They've never threatened to win the Europa either when they ended up being in it.

Problem with De Ligt is you're assuming he will still be available by the time they sell Alderweireld which Pochettino would prefer to do given the player wants out but at a very premium price. Not sure that will happen and so adds to the problem. Essentially my point was £100m isn't enough anyway unless they sell some players which again causes a lack of squad players issue.

Falklander

1 year or not Dembele is well out of Inter’s range, he’s been one of Spurs better players they’ll still want a decent fee.
They payed 40 million for freaking Joao Mario who is garbage and offering 40-50 million for Malcolm so i very much doubt Dembele is out of their range. You don't really expect of them to offer that much for an over 30 player with 1 year left on contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.