Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambob

Randomly got watching the Fergie story from around 1998. In the second part of it around 8:40 in they have a bit in the boardroom and the then chairman Martin Edwards talks about not signing the most expensive players on the highest wages because it disrupts the current team, and Fergie mentions also not signing any old player thats going to be sat about and only having players that are going to improve the team.

Its no different nowadays, and I think its actually even more important if anything with the lunacy thats going on in the market. Weve got some great players at the club, its hard to sign better in some positions, we just need to get them playing. I can actually totally see why the board would not sanction 50, 60 million for like for like players.

Member 90887

The media are completely clueless. As always. so many contradicting reports it's crazy.

Nick7

oh, had no idea, and if I my ask why clubs do that?
La Liga players are required to have release clauses. Buying clubs can either give the money directly to the selling club or do it that way. Athletic usually make players deposit the money because they don't want players to leave and refuse to do business with the buying clubs.

PSG and Neymar did it as well last summer.

Deechii

Get Maguire and RW in one day.

Get Alderweireld in January for half his price.

Sell Rojo, Darmian and Jones till 31 August.

Sell Smalling in January.

peridigm

Imagine missing out on a couple of players over £10-£20m that could make is title challengers. :wenger:

PieCrust

I like that the club is not being held to ransom. The fact that it's over 3 CB options is the depressing part, only 1 of which actually improves us.

I just don't understand a club of United's size and financial power can only find 3 CB's worth haggling over. Do we even have a scouting department?

goin4glory

If the board think Alderweireld and Boateng are the same as Rojo/Smalling then it's no wonder we've been a shit show for the last 5 years.

manunited1919

I would rather we do no more business than sign Maguire for £75m. We are not that desperate for an unproven CB. We need to stand our ground.
The window looks bad if you only look at Fred, Dalot, and 3rd choice keeper incoming. But we also have Pereira and perhaps Sanchez looking like new signings.

peridigm

I would rather we do no more business than sign Maguire for £75m. We are not that desperate for an unproven CB. We need to stand our ground.
The window looks bad if you only look at Fred, Dalot, and 3rd choice keeper incoming. But we also have Fellaini, Pereira and perhaps Sanchez looking like new signings.
Fixed it for you. ;)

Walters_19_MuFc

Just give Lindelof a chance. Second season. Had a solid end to the season and a pretty solid world cup. Give him games and he'll flourish.

astracrazy

Based on our football last season we need attackers to challenge not defenders.
I've actually got a different view on this.

For a while i thought why are we after a DC so much when its attackers we need and our attacking play is so poor. We had one of the best records last year in terms of goals conceded.

I'm starting to think that maybe Jose has been playing the way he has been because he has no trust in our defenders (so he basically defends with the whole team). I might be way off, but I'm just hoping that we do get a DC then maybe Jose will allow the team to play with more freedom in attack.

We can hope.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
The window looks bad if you only look at Fred, Dalot, and 3rd choice keeper incoming. But we also have Pereira and perhaps Sanchez looking like new signings.
Yeah 75m for Maguire is a bit fecking steep even if prices are only going in one direction.

Still think we might force Aldeweireld through for about 50m. Also quite steep but a step up in class I think.

manunited1919

Yeah 75m for Maguire is a bit fecking steep even if prices are only going in one direction.

Still think we might force Aldeweireld through for about 50m. Also quite steep but a step up in class I think.
Wouldn’t mind Toby at all.

AmoriZep

HMMMMMMMM.....i "wonder" why Sky in the UK, with a massive deadline day program to air tomorrow, would report everything to the contrary of other outlets (including their network in Germany) as it relates to the biggest club in the land? HMMMMMMM

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This market is shitty for English clubs, sometimes I think I would be reasonably happy with Maguire who can play full season on acceptable level, than praying to Yoda, Krishna etc. for another season so our certain defenders could stay fit... but if we're thinking about tile challenge we need aim high than that I'm afraid.

Truly shitty situation.

Godfather

All this talk about CBs bore me. We don't even need one that bad. Just why do we not address that RW and leftback position.

peridigm

You must be what, 13 or 14 y/o? Whatever happened to interchaning opinions with respect for each other?
Um, what? You left Fellaini out. Whether you rate him or not or just forgot he was given a new contract, he would not have been offered a new contract if Jose didn't have him in his plans. Whether you love him or hate him, he's effective at what he does.

SapperBRed75

There’s no value in the market and no opportunity to improve us at this stage. So how about we act like we’re the biggest club in the world and walk away from the ensuing deadline day train crash with perhaps a small amount of residual dignity intact? Let’s have some faith in our playing squad and what is apparently a world class manager. Bring on Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.