Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Well, that's it! No need to worry, complain or speculate over transfers for a few months. Hopefully the transfer window has been kind to us when we review it come Christmas.

Inter Yer Nan

I'm not happy with our transfer window, but the way that Sky Sports are acting like we've signed nobody is weird.
Yeah, I think I saw somewhere else our window was rated 20th behind Spurs in 19th. The same Spurs who signed nobody and came below us in the league and were eliminated by us in the FA cup.

I know we are obviously the club people love to hate so the media searching for clicks and subscribers will paint us in as bad a light as possible. Look at The Guardians premier league season preview and it's mostly positive on every club (even if the situation isn't good) yet Jamie Jackson just slates us as a club in crisis, a manager in decline, over inflates our spending and then criticizes us because Leicester are without Mahrez tomorrow like he didn't sign for another club for an extortionate fee.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
There’s still time to sign good players. We can register players for UCL until August. I would rather we signed the right player by the August deadline than signing the wrong player at a more expensive price by today’s deadline. We can compete for the PL with the squad we have, and if we sign someone in the next few weeks, they will play the CL matches, and still be available to play for us after January, the business end of the season.
That's like some next level desperation.

Suedesi

There’s still time to sign good players. We can register players for UCL until August. I would rather we signed the right player by the August deadline than signing the wrong player at a more expensive price by today’s deadline. We can compete for the PL with the squad we have, and if we sign someone in the next few weeks, they will play the CL matches, and still be available to play for us after January, the business end of the season.

I also think it may be easier to land Alderweireld before the August deadline, because a) by now it’s clear nobody will pay £75m for him, b) he won’t be available for half a season to PL to us so its less of an issue of strengthening the competitor, c) waiting till January won’t improve the price, d) he will likely be sat in the bench for Spurs, and e) the final option for Spurs to keep the player and extend the contract means that Asset will be worth £25m. Better £40m now.
You make some valid points.

Frank White

Well, that's it! No need to worry, complain or speculate over transfers for a few months. Hopefully the transfer window has been kind to us when we review it come Christmas.
It's not over yet mate. Everyone else still has to the 31st the press are going to run the "Pogba wants out" story until then. Strap yourself in this is only the half way point.

R'hllor

Checked some Fulham fans forum, some posters cant even keep up with names joining in, its a mad house, best part didnt even see anyone mentioning TFM joining them :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
They've only made £16M in sales (Gunn and Hart)
Nah they also sold Maffeo(9m), Angelino(5m), Celina(3m) and two or three more in addition to that.

The Firestarter

Ummmm Zidane?.... another motivated manager who wants to win and puts forth the effort and who doesn't constantly throw his players under the bus?
He just resigned from Real Madrid. I wouldnt mind him here, but I don't think he is ready for a new big job yet.

Canuckred64

Strange window, other than Liverpool spending just over £150 million and Chelsea spending big on a keeper, hardly any money spent at all. Disapointing we were out spent by the likes of Fulham. Wolves and Brighton , but maybe clubs have had enough of the ridiculous prices teams want for their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.