Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Bale isn't one of them.
Two names stand well above the rest, and they are Gareth Bale and Raphael Varane, and it's clear that the duo, who are both assessing their own positions in Madrid, could hold the key to unlocking Pogba's transfer to Real Madrid.
:nervous:

Just briefly looked at Bale's stats this season.
Apps : 24
G: 8
A: 2

Unsurprisingly pretty poor.

Devil may care

The booing the guy is getting today, he will be emotionally scarred.
It's funny how players are so obssessed with going to Real yet their fanbase is renowned for brutally turning on their own players. Granted Bale is well past his best but you didn't see Rooney get booed at Old Trafford when he was clearly done as a top player.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's funny how players are so obssessed with going to Real yet their fanbase is renowned for brutally turning on their own players. Granted Bale is well past his best but you didn't see Rooney get booed at Old Trafford when he was clearly done as a top player.
If Pogba goes there and walks about like he does for us sometimes, he won't last five minutes.

TalentScout

Has anyone seen much of Idrissa Gueye, last I heard he was the new kante but not seen much of him recently.

Plus Bale literally won them the CL last season and has been a integral part in their success.
Its all very much about the present with the Madrid fans at the Bernabeu. Like one commentator said a few years back 'they see sentimentality as a weakness'.Crikey.

unitedsoldier

Some ill informed and very fickle fans around. We need to off load players? yes.

We need to see our best players as obstructive every time we lose a game? No!

Pogba stays. I hope we can get a player who suits his play and another winger and two centre backs to keep the midfield ticking. I would have Bale in a heart beat with pogba in the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanche7

The upcoming transfer window will decide how the club does for the next 4-5 years
I can see us losing Pogba, Herrera and selling Lukaku.
Pogba + Lukaku alone should fetch us 200+ million pounds
Add that to our budget, we should have 400 mill plus to spend. But money has never been the problem, it's how we have spent it. Would have liked to have a DOF who could oversee this rebuild, but like like that ain't gonna happen.
Also if frigging nobodies like Ndombele are having doubts over the future of our club and our ambitions, it's not gonna be an easy summer, even if we have all the money in the world

OohAahMartial

IF Marca can't afford Pogna except through players swaps, then which two players would we accept in exchange?

I suspect that the wage demands of the two coming would make it not able to be completed personally.

Mcking

Think if he doesn't get it right, then he will be the focus. I would never have a go at Ole. Like a lot I was worried we named him manager before the season was over. I just think a lot of complacency had settled on the club. Which will be to our detriment if they don't wake up. If they hadn't named him then the players may have kept on performing.
Same - if anything goes wrong now it's on Wooward/board
Solskjaer has been going on about his 'input', plan, the profile of players he'd sign, how we will not spend money for the sake of it, and how we will be spending it on the right players. If come summer Solskjaer is fully backed, we spend a lot of money and sign a lot of players, then I'd be very happy. But when the actual football on the pitch begins and the whole team underwhelms, then Ole would deserve all the stick he would get because Woodward won't be the one coaching. Of course Woodward would get his own share of the blame for appointing an unconvincing manager based on a few games, but I surely won't be Solskjaer's biggest apologist.

Darlington Padgett

I'd like to think Madrid are stuck with this injury plagued Bale.
Imagining Madrid dealing with his continual injury woes with the big wages he's on brings a smile to my miserable face.
Same here, I hate that cheating club.Lets just hope we manage to ship out Sanchez or we'll be in the same situation.

deadrevelz

IF Marca can't afford Pogna except through players swaps, then which two players would we accept in exchange?

I suspect that the wage demands of the two coming would make it not able to be completed personally.
Feck Madrid. If they think they can get away with poaching our best player and not pay a fair price we just won't sell him. Let him rot in the reserves if he refuses to play or makes a fuss.

As if we would take a couple of Real rejects instead of £150m. :lol:

United_We_Stand

"...Antonio Conte is in the running to replace Luciano Spalletti as Inter Milan coach and the former Chelsea and Juventus manager is interested in Lukaku as a potential replacement for Mauro Icardi, whose future at the San Siro is uncertain..."

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
"...Antonio Conte is in the running to replace Luciano Spalletti as Inter Milan coach and the former Chelsea and Juventus manager is interested in Lukaku as a potential replacement for Mauro Icardi, whose future at the San Siro is uncertain..."
He wants 255K a week. Cheeky.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
feck Icardi, if it comes down to a swap try get Skriniar.
Skriniar is an excellent player but can you imagine how slow our CBs would be if we started Lindelof and Skriniar every game :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hehe. ‘Inter are monitoring the situation with the only obstacles being the fee and the salary’. Ah okay then.

Sanche7

We should try for Jovic IMO. Yes Bayern and Barca are interested in him but we can offer a starting spot for him in our team whereas at Bayern and Barca he'll be stuck on the bench for at least a year or two. He seems to be the best option available right now.

Bojan11

Varane and Kroos.

The major issue I have with getting players in a exchanged deal is the mentality of those particular individual/s joining us.
Madrid is the dream club for the majority of those players and anything other than that would be considered as a step-down for them.
Are they going to apply the same commitment to us ?
I'm not quite sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.