Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

crossy1686

career ending
Let him stay there then.

I'll repeat what I said earlier, I'm that sick of him and Jones after nearly a decade of them that I never want to see him in a United shirt again, whether he's actually playing well or not. I just want an end to that particular part of our defensive history.
Yeah he's done for United now. He doesn't suit our style of play anymore. He's a very limited defender but good at his limits, as soon as you ask him to do more he's exposed.

red thru&thru

Smalling has never been shit. Especially with the physical aspect of the PL. He's better in the air and more athletic than Maguire.
Have to agree with this. Maguire hasn't exactly set the world on fire since he's joined. Smalling lacked a good partner. Maguire and Smalling would have probably suited each other.

Cliche Guevara

It's always funny how we re seemingly linked with players wanted by the same clubs as anywhere from Podunk Town FC to Real Madrid. Fkin click baiters.
Often it’s a player I’ve never heard of and the first time I see them linked with us is when they sign for someone else.

Cardiff City have signed Samuel Goodrich from Podunk Town for £8m. Manchester United were also interested.

What?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Smalling has never been shit. Especially with the physical aspect of the PL. He's better in the air and more athletic than Maguire.
I'm not going to go over the whole Smalling is shit/not shit debate again but there's a reason why he's now playing in Italy. Apart from one good year, he managed to steal a living at United for nearly 10 years. Thankfully he's not coming back. Time to move on. If we can get a few quid for him, then great.

crackers0seven

We shouldn't move smalling on. We should have maguire plus him or Vic with axel as understudy. We have 3 Centre halves to move on before him. Bailly rojo and jones(even release him). Smalling Could be good beside maguire. Selling him could be another Johnny Evans situation. Turns out to be a solid squad player. There would be plenty of games so don't buy that he wouldn't be happy with game time. If he's here next season I would not be shocked if he was partnered with maguire as first choice. He looked very poor at times at utd, but vvd would look poor beside rojo bailly and Jones :yawn:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Often it’s a player I’ve never heard of and the first time I see them linked with us is when they sign for someone else.

Cardiff City have signed Samuel Goodrich from Podunk Town for £8m. Manchester United were also interested.

What?
That's the second time I've read Podunk Town on here today, they seem to get linked to everyone.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I'm not going to go over the whole Smalling is shit/not shit debate again but there's a reason why he's now playing in Italy. Apart from one good year, he managed to steal a living at United for nearly 10 years. Thankfully he's not coming back. Time to move on. If we can get a few quid for him, then great.
Agree, he's awful. I don't miss watching him trying to pass the ball. Good athlete, shite player. Don't need him as we have an abundance of CBs.

IrishMcD

He fits the profile. Could be a great compliment to what we have. 40m is probably a more accurate valuation though.
Everton fans wanted him gone last year, either on loan or sold. He was horrifically unproductive and lacked vision/touch. Read any of the Everton forums and you'll see not a lot has changed. He runs around a lot and has scored a few goals recently but is bang average at best. So I'd actually believe our scouting department have read about his last two games and thought "yeah let's blow €50m on this kid" because I have no faith in the clubs recruitment structure.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We shouldn't move smalling on. We should have maguire plus him or Vic with axel as understudy. We have 3 Centre halves to move on before him. Bailly rojo and jones(even release him). Smalling Could be good beside maguire. Selling him could be another Johnny Evans situation. Turns out to be a solid squad player. There would be plenty of games so don't buy that he wouldn't be happy with game time. If he's here next season I would not be shocked if he was partnered with maguire as first choice. He looked very poor at times at utd, but vvd would look poor beside rojo bailly and Jones :yawn:
Realistically having been loaned out he would never come back in and become first choice and he wouldn't have gone out on loan if he was happy at the thought of not being first choice here.

We've seen every good and every bad in Chris Smalling at Manchester United. He's never going to be anything more than we've already seen. Get rid and finally end the saga of him and Jones being a part of our defence.

Last edited:

Red_toad

Probably Icardi, Di Maria or Paredes on the back. Dont see the fuss
It’s unprofessional, but yes no one should care. Calling him a cnut for wearing a none United top is just as plain daft. If he could stay fit there’s actually a decent player there, but seems his very injury prone.
I wonder if it’s a statement and he’s off to PSG? Time will tell.

NK86

I don't get why people on here think he is shite. Yeah his technical ability on the ball is poor but he is a solid defender. Partnered with Maguire he would be a good fit. He has the pace so that we can play a high line, won't get bullied by strikers like Lindelof and he is a steady defender who will help us get more stability at the back.

Sea-Cow

You're massively underrating Pereira, he was wanted by Valencia who are currently in the CL.

Matic is rumoured to be wanted by Spurs, and Rojo was wanted by Everton, who despite their poor form are at least a mid table side in reality
Have you seen him play for United? And he scored a massive 1 goal in 29 appearances for Valencia that year. In the league he started only 12 times, and was a substitute 11 times. Hardly setting the place on fire.... And obviously they didn't want him bad enough, or else they would have signed him.

So, I stand by my stance that Andreas Pereira is the worst player in the current United side and that he would be an average player in the Championship. Phil Jones, on the other hand, wouldn't break a sweat in the Championship.

And Matic is a Jose favorite, doesn't mean he is actually good enough to play for Spurs. And Rojo being wanted by Everton some time in the past when they were desperate for CB cover doesn't really mean much to me now.

peridigm

I don't get why people on here think he is shite. Yeah his technical ability on the ball is poor but he is a solid defender. Partnered with Maguire he would be a good fit. He has the pace so that we can play a high line, won't get bullied by strikers like Lindelof and he is a steady defender who will help us get more stability at the back.
Smalling is not comfortable with the ball at his feet. He passes to the closest player then backtracks like he’s playing hot potato.

redpatron

yep similar to dzeko and lukaku. Just because they are scoring goals for fun in Italy, history shows they can't be the main man in a epl top club. Big fish in a small pond mentality.

Let him stay there then.

I'll repeat what I said earlier, I'm that sick of him and Jones after nearly a decade of them that I never want to see him in a United shirt again, whether he's actually playing well or not. I just want an end to that particular part of our defensive history.
This. Why do we want to go backwards? Might as well go get Fellani from China and buy Drinkwater, since we need midfielders badly.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Lindelöf has had instances where he’s lost physical battles but it’s definitely an areas he’s improving.

Watford and Burnley, 2 teams if any, you’d expect him to get bullied, he didn’t.

red thru&thru

What does this even mean? Who's the so called hierarchy? I'm presuming they mean the scouts, who work alongside Ole? I mean, if they're still looking for targets still, they all need to be sacked. Targets should have been identified and worked on by now...which I'm sure they have.

People really lap these kind of reports up.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So what if he’s wearing a PSG shirt? Probably has an Argentine player on the back or just is wearing it as PSG kits are quite fashionable.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Stop looking for outrage, it's not like he's wearing a City or Liverpool top is it. He's probably just repping one of his friends.

Memphis Depay is pictured wearing retro United shirts all the time, should his commitment to Lyon be questioned? Stop it will you.

Status
Not open for further replies.