Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Lingard's last assist/goal in the Premier League was on 1/29/19 against Burnley (an assist). He's played 1,355mins since then ffs. Don't defend him, he had an abysmal year.
Isn’t there a stat flying about that he didn’t contribute at all in 2019?

Judas

Open to offers
There's not a chance we are actively looking to sell Lingard in this window :lol: we're probably not bring anyone in, we're not shifting someone who Ole sees as key. This place has gone loopy.

dev1l

There's not a chance we are actively looking to sell Lingard in this window :lol: we're probably not bring anyone in, we're not shifting someone who Ole sees as key. This place has gone loopy.
I think Perrera is ahead of Lingard despite what Ole says. The problem with Lingard is that he is considered too close to Rashford.

bucky

How are we looking at shrinking the squad and not expanding it? It just boggles the mind.
You'd think we have players lined up to sign. Otherwise this wouldn't make any sense, whether the player in question should be gone or not.

Judas

Open to offers
No matter what you think of any member of our squad, beyond someone like Bailly who barely exists, we shouldn't be selling anyone this month, we can't afford to, we're too short of players as it is.

roseguy64

People blame Woody but i can't see a scenario where he can't have asked Ole if he can survive with letting Herrera go and no new midfielders. Ole will have misjudged his players.

This January though there's no excuses for either as the issues are crystal clear. Hopefully Ole doesn't think it'll be a good excuse for underperforming and instead realises he'll be sacked.
Not sure why you'd think Ole doesn't want more players and wants to win.

roseguy64

No matter what you think of any member of our squad, beyond someone like Bailly who barely exists, we shouldn't be selling anyone this month, we can't afford to, we're too short of players as it is.
Agreed. Any player listed as an out other than Rojo, Jones or Bailly is not happening this window.

Sid234

Maybe Ole wants to integrate Laird into the team and assumes that between him and Williams, they have the FB positions covered. So a good chance to get something for Young in return rather than lose him on a free next season

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
How are we looking at shrinking the squad and not expanding it? It just boggles the mind.
Of course we’re looking to expand the squad, just because you haven’t had a few dodgy tweets about us being linked with X, Y and Z, doesn’t mean we aren’t looking to build the squad.

Judas

Open to offers
Of course we’re looking to expand the squad, just because you haven’t had a few dodgy tweets about us being linked with X, Y and Z, doesn’t mean we aren’t looking to build the squad.
Perhaps, but it would go against the way the club has operated in recent years. We usually hear about it, we're not so hush hush anymore. If we're returning to that way, great, it was more successful.

caid

I largely agree but I'd say Ashley Young is one we can live without. Shaw and Williams or even Dalot can cover lb. I think its pretty safe to say he wouldn't be that useful in midfield or up front if were really desperate.
Then again I'd probably keep him around as theres basically no experience elsewhere in the squad

sparx99

I largely agree but I'd say Ashley Young is one we can live without. Shaw and Williams or even Dalot can cover lb. I think its pretty safe to say he wouldn't be that useful in midfield or up front if were really desperate.
Then again I'd probably keep him around as theres basically no experience elsewhere in the squad
And Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Laird and Fosu-Mensah can cover right back. If we could get a minimal fee or even just his wages off the books it makes sense.

izec

Getting rid of Young is the right move. Mata, Lingard and some other players (i.e. Matic, Bailly, Rojo...) will follow suit hopefully. The issue is we cant seem to buy a lot of players at once.

caid

And Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Laird and Fosu-Mensah can cover right back. If we could get a minimal fee or even just his wages off the books it makes sense.
Meh, how much are we even paying in wages these days? The only experience in the squad is coming from Young, Matic, Mata and De Gea, selling any of them and replacing with youth team players can definitely backfire and I dont see the upside to be honest.
I think I agree with Judas actually. We should probably buy 3 or 4 players before we let anyone go. Even then they shouldn't be leaving without a replacement

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Lingard and Young following Smalling, Lukaku, Darmian and Sanchez to Italy?
Hopefully a few others go as well!

We're shocking at selling players as it is, so might as well send them all to the tightest footballing country in the world

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
This is interesting, as I think he'd be going there for regular football, be interested to see him in the prem.
West Brom fans will be pleased. Oh and I can’t see him getting many PL minutes at 16 years of age.

OleGunnar20

While I can see where you're coming from, I have to disagree personally.

People like Young and Lingard arent even producing enough to warrant a place above unproven youngsters such as Laird, Garner etc, while earning multiples of their wage.

I don't think losing them is going to have any discernible effect on our season in the end, and can only be a good sign that we're actually, finally looking to turn the squad over.

Status
Not open for further replies.