Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Castles also saying that Bruno Fernandes has been offered to United and Van de Beek is available for a sale.

passing-wind

Castles also saying that Bruno Fernandes has been offered to United and Van de Beek is available for a sale.
It would only seem incompetent of us to be short in midfield at present and wait for alternative targets in summer. If it's both available right now it's a no brainer

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Also says that Saul is under consideration. Of all the averageness we have been linked to in midfield, he’s the one we should just pay up for it at all possible. The calibre of player who would be a top target whether in a summer or January window. He and Thomas would be great business from Atleti tbh.

Rolaholic

We're hopeless if we rejected a swap for Herrera,he'd be the best holding mid in the squad upon arrival

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Also says that Saul is under consideration. Of all the averageness we have been linked to in midfield, he’s the one we should just pay up for it at all possible. The calibre of player who would be a top target whether in a summer or January window. He and Thomas would be great business from Atleti tbh.
Castles also said via his podcast that United want a midfielder that can play both as a #6 and #8. He also said that people close to Bruno Fernandes have briefed they expect a offer from United to arrive by next week.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Castles also said via his podcast that United want a midfielder that can play both as a #6 and #8. He also said that people close to Bruno Fernandes have briefed they expect a offer from United to arrive by next week.
I think a quality 6/8 is the exact type we need tbh. We’ll see what happens with Fernandes, but we’ve heard it all before. I’m personally not keen on a 10 anyway, would much prefer us to line up without one, with a 6 and a double 8 in front of him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think a quality 6/8 is the exact type we need tbh. We’ll see what happens with Fernandes, but we’ve heard it all before. I’m personally not keen on a 10 anyway, would much prefer us to line up without one, with a 6 and a double 8 in front of him.
I agree. A #6 and a double #8 would be the way forward in a 4-3-3 imo.

romufc

It is no surprise that over the last few years that is what successful teams have played.

City with Fernandinho, KDB, Silva
Liverpool with Fabinho, Gini, Hendo
Real with Casemeiro, Kroos, Modric

The common theme about that is they all had a solid CDM that was not judged on assists and goals, someone who will protect the back 4 and let the other players play.

We have not had this since carrick.

ash_86

Sporting - Balconies and Hugo Viana in Manchester to negotiate Bruno Fernandes

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
All the Portuguese media going with the officials in London story. Let’s see.

BluesJr

I have a feeling we have been here before though.
We haven’t been quite here. This sounds pretty advanced and I’m not sure the rumours were ever that strong. Certainly not officials being in London etc. Although I wouldn’t be surprised for some of the English journos to come out with the usual cold water treatment.

Judas

Open to offers
We haven’t been quite here. This sounds pretty advanced and I’m not sure the rumours were ever that strong. Certainly not officials being in London etc. Although I wouldn’t be surprised for some of the English journos to come out with the usual cold water treatment.
:lol: yep, won't be long till Ducker and the rest come out with the old "been told there is no truth in the Fernandes rumours" taking a massive piss all over our chips.

BluesJr

:lol: yep, won't be long till Ducker and the rest come out with the old "been told there is no truth in the Fernandes rumours" taking a massive piss all over our chips.
You get the impression they absolutely love doing it as well. I hate all of them. Not one muppet among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.