Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Will he have to go into quarantine for 14 days?

Genuine question, as those British people who arrived back from China today are in quarantine.
I guess it depends if he’s actually been in China? It’s been their off season and then the season was delayed so I don’t know if he went back?

EDIT - Jim White just said he’s in China right now. If that’s the case, then I assume so, yes.

Amarsdd

That might be true, but I don't want to make assumptions simply because he's a Spanish player going back to La Liga. Had we shown a discernible interest who knows?
No. He wanted to move to Villareal because he was home sick based on the reports.

LordNinio

Genuine question, as those British people who arrived back from China today are in quarantine.
Is he actually in China right now? Do we know? With the season never having started, he could be anywhere in the world I guess...

Edit - I see above, Jim White has apparently confirmed he's in China. Igahlo, that is, Not, Jim White.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm happy with Igahlo, if it means we can rest Greenwood or Martial in some of the dead rubber games it makes sense. The option to buy is only an option, hopefully we don't get complacent and take it up if he's crap.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He wouldn’t need to be quarantined unless he was in Wuhan.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm happy with Igahlo, if it means we can rest Greenwood or Martial in some of the dead rubber games it makes sense. The option to buy is only an option, hopefully we don't get complacent and take it up if he's crap.
Think he might be a better striker than them both. Can play Martial on the wing now when Rashford is out.

fergosaurus

Why would we want an option to buy though, that's the bit that worries me most
Normally options to buy make good business sense. However, with our board who recently gave Phil Jones a new contract and begged Ashley Young to renew, I don't trust them not to to something daft in this situation too even if he flops. I seriously doubt he will impress so much that he will deserve a permanent contract at 31.

Speedicut75

Sure his name cropped up earlier in the window, so maybe he was an option and we had to go down this road because other options were not available. We have another option on the bench if we need a goal.
True. I'm, like you, relieved that we appear to have got a body ( clumsy use of words given viral considerations ) over the line, and yes he's a more seasoned option if required in the course of a game.

Godfather

First striker we have been linked to these last few hours that even looks shit in his Youtube vids. Proper donkey the lad. Again a guy that can't control a football to save his life.

Maajid

Formerly Mad

Are they only quarantining people from Wuhan? Because it is a long way away from Shanghai where he's probably coming from.

Amarsdd

It probably reads.

Strikers target list
1st choice

Messi
Ronaldo
Gerd Muller

2nd choice
King
Ighalo
Shaun Goater

Ole- "Well, our scouting identified some prime targets, but you know how it is, teams won't sell their best players."
yep, targeting players for a short-term loan is exactly the same as for the long term.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
U.S. will ban foreigners who visited China within the last 14 days from entering the country , just announced.

United better get a move on before the UK follows!

Cliche Guevara

How can we be working on transferring a player from China when the deadline is hours away?
He doesn’t have to sign his contract, the clubs just need to complete the transfer through the online matching system.

We can also sign him subject to medical and cancel his registration if he fails.

LJJT

Why don’t people remember someone who was great in the PL just a few years ago? People are talking like he’s never looked good at the highest level.
It’s amazing isn’t It. I think some posters on here don’t even watch our games let alone other teams! I think this could end up being a great signing and fair play to the club they’ve done the job just in time this window.

Member 90887

Good news if we manage to get it done.

We're in desperate need for numbers, especially in the striker position.

Very good stop gap till the end of the season.

manuchamp88

You're not wrong; I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking it only applies if symptomatic, but this thing is communicable even in the absence of symptoms.
Stupid signing. From Haaland to this guy. Not good enough for United and more importantly, why risk bringing someone from China now? He won't be able to play for 2 weeks. I can't believe that there is not 1 striker available at his level or better in Europe or Latin America even.

Santos J

Stupid signing. From Haaland to this guy. Not good enough for United and more importantly, why risk bringing someone from China now? He won't be able to play for 2 weeks. I can't believe that there is not 1 striker available at his level or better in Europe or Latin America even.
Good job we don't have a game for over 2 weeks after tomorrow then.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It’s amazing isn’t It. I think some posters on here don’t even watch our games let alone other teams! I think this could end up being a great signing and fair play to the club they’ve done the job just in time this window.
It could be a really poor signing, but really if it is...we've lost nothing.

I'll stay open minded for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.