Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Igahlo was hardly going to get a better deal at Watford than he was in China at the time. He's just not going to attract great interest from clubs willing to give him a similiar deal to what he earned in China. He moved for the money,yes, but players move around for the money here. Lets not start getting on our fecking high horse here.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Aye and if my granny had balls she'd be my granda.

He's bang average always has been and now he's 30, so I really don't envisage that he turns into the African aguero
Mmmm, best striker at the African nations cup last year, in qualifying as well.
Not really bang average considering the talent involved

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Yes, I agree. So why would you want another mediocre striker then? Illogical.
He's not mediocre. I think he'll prove a few wrong. We need an experienced back up striker and now we've got one for 5 million quid and who we won't be keeping beyond June.

Not sure what the problem is. Martial is not going to remain fit for the rest of the season and once he's out we have nobody else.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I said only yesterday that I was amazed no-one was in for him. What an absolute mess Spurs are nowadays.
People are criticising us but Spurs tried for him and Chelsea signed no one. We had a proactive window.

Renegade

What’s the story with Danny Rose? Why has he been so desperate to leave Spurs? Almost for Watford this summer I hear. He was rated at 50m whilst being linked to us and City a couple seasons ago. Has he declined considerably?

TheReligion

Abusive
What’s the story with Danny Rose? Why has he been so desperate to leave Spurs? Almost for Watford this summer I hear. He was rated at 50m whilst being linked to us and City a couple seasons ago. Has he declined considerably?
It's crazy that a few years ago spurs had Rose, Walker and Trippier as their full backs. Now nothing!

van Persie

I disagree about players moving to achina in their prime. Oscar said it correct. Yes these top players are set for life no matter where they play but someone offers you 2, 3, 400k a week and you're going to say no when it can set your family up forever and a day? No chance. Even if you did it for a year it's completely worth it. Footballers careers are precious, all it takes is one injury, fall out etc. and you can go from important to not needed and that offer for whatever money may no longer be there.
Delusion of grandeur. It's easy for fans to sit and call players mercenaries these days but when most players have practically put all their eggs in one basket on a short-term career and have the opportunity to set them and their families up for life on one contract it gets tedious and I appreciate loyality more than most. I bet those people would play for their favourite team for free over 400k a week in reality. Or not.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Had mental health problems and was well documented he really wanted a change of scene.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's the winter break so it shouldn't have too much of an impact.
Can he train while in quarantine? Did he at least have a pre-season in China?

You might be looking at a player who won't be match fit until April otherwise...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

You might be looking at a player who won't be match fit until April otherwise...
He's been training for a while if I'm not mistaken.

Fair question on this 2 week period, would likely assume no he can't.

Dan_F

It’s only people who have been to Wuhan going into quarantine. I’m sure he’ll be fine.

Withnail

It’s only people who have been to Wuhan going into quarantine. I’m sure he’ll be fine.
I've seen some chat on Twitter that he's currently in Dubai anyway.

EDIT: that could be nonsense but Shanghai is outside the exlusion zone from what I can see.

Although I'm not sure if the UK will decide all passengers from China go through quarantine regardless.

Last edited:

NYAS

I‘ve been bringing up that point all of yesterday and nobody seems bothered about it. We will potentially only have him match-fit for about 2 months of the season (1 month of which Rashford may return in) and people are talking about him just popping back into the squad after the winter break like it’s nothing. Very weird.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Since when did it take 8 weeks to get match fit?
Since always when you're coming back from season end holidays. Teams start their seasons in July for a reason

Seems like chinese teams were already in pre-season though so this probably won't be the case. Still

Alabaster Codify7

"losing out on Haaland, being rebuffed on Danny Ings & collapse of late bid for Josh King"

If one sentence could summarise the absolute doldrums that is United nowadays, this sentence would be the one. Jesus fecking Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.