Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucky

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes that the Napoli centre-back is the perfect partner for Red Devils skipper Harry Maguire

Alabaster Codify7

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes that the Napoli centre-back is the perfect partner for Red Devils skipper Harry Maguire

Tell you what would be funny actually - if we sold Pogba in the summer and his fee paid for Bruno and another fecking CB and Ole went into next season with no RW again and Pereira/Mata playing up top again with Bruno in a double-pivot in front of the defence. And I'll tell you what isn't funny - that is not actually that far-fetched of a scenario.

King Eric 7

That's a complete fantasy article which also states that we had a "relatively quiet January window" :lol:

I know we could do with another centre back but surely even Ole knows that it is way down the priority list.

Mainoldo

Does us a favour and sack this mini Mourinho now. If he blows our transfer budget again and doesn’t get a RW. He deserves a punch.

pascell

Another CB? Get rid of Rojo, Jones and Bailly permanently and that's fine but neglecting CM, RW and ST would cause yet another disappointing season.

Edit: £90m + making him the top earner at the club, no thanks.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Another CB? Get rid of Rojo, Jones and Bailly permanently and that's fine but neglecting CM, RW and ST would cause yet another disappointing season.
We will get sod all for those three and he will blow our transfer budget on another CB, when there must be cheaper, just as good options out there. Our revered scouting system at work again.

pascell

We will get sod all for those three and he will blow our transfer budget on another CB, when there must be cheaper, just as good options out there. Our revered scouting system at work again.
Shocking really isn't it the state we find ourselves in.

The only bright thing about the club is the structure and everything to do with the youth teams.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't think you all quite understand but this person has not been incorrect as far as I'm aware. They broke the news that we were back in for Ighalo and that the King deal wasn't going to happen way before the media outlets did and also announced the De Gea contract extension ahead of others also.
Those would be great targets, but I think we will struggle to get them. Neglecting the team and results this year might just have hamstrung us in the market next season.

Last edited:

red_de_pologne

Hope we are preparing a list of alternative targets because Sancho or Werner sure ain't coming here. Won't be surprised if Grealish is an idea for replacing Pogba.

dev1l

I don't think you all quite understand but this person has not been incorrect as far as I'm aware. They broke the news that we were back in for Ighalo and that the King deal wasn't going to happen way before the media outlets did and also announced the De Gea contract extension ahead of others also.
It s the only "itk" I have some level.of trust in. I think his track record is much better than most journos.

dev1l

Hope we are preparing a list of alternative targets because Sancho or Werner sure ain't coming here. Won't be surprised if Grealish is an idea for replacing Pogba.
Things might change by summer but usually clubs start working on summer targets at this time of the year.
Imo Werner is do-able , though there s Dembele too.
Grealish looks to be a cheaper alternative to Maddison.
Re Sancho I m very skeptic. I cannot see us getting a striker (50 m), Grealish (60 m ) then spending another 100+ k on Sancho. Even if Pogba leaves.

NJM78

I don't care who we sign I just want this useless manager gone as soon as the season finishes, preferably sooner.

pascell

Please stop posting dodgy accounts and stick to actual journos.
The problem is that people can post tweets from the red tops but not these spoof itk accounts, when all the red tops do, is post sensationalist nonsense themselves.

I think we need to sift through all the journalists and see what their hit and mise rate actually is, if their miss rate is high then they shouldn't be posted here. The only journalists I know worth posting are Di Marzio, Romano, Castles, Kajumba and Nixon, they all have their contacts in specific places and should be listened to, like Nixon in our pursuit of signing Bellingham.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The problem is that people can post tweets from the red tops but not these spoof itk accounts, when all the red tops do, is post sensationalist nonsense themselves.

I think we need to sift through all the journalists and see what their hit and mise rate actually is, if their miss rate is high then they shouldn't be posted here. The only journalists I know worth posting are Di Marzio, Romano, Castles, Kajumba and Nixon, they all have their contacts in specific places and should be listened to, like Nixon in our pursuit of signing Bellingham.
Completely agree.

People are too reliant on aggregator accounts who repost what journos allegedly said, and not on the journos themselves. When someone sees something interesting Di Marzio said on UtdReport (or similar aggregator), they should find the actual Di Marzio tweet on his page and post that, instead of relying on what someone else said they said.

vanderpants

After the last few performances it's pretty obvious our main concern is looking for attacking options rather than another CB

pascell

Completely agree.

People are too reliant on aggregator accounts who repost what journos allegedly said, and not on the journos themselves. When someone sees something interesting Di Marzio said on UtdReport (or similar aggregator), they should find the actual Di Marzio tweet on his page and post that, instead of relying on what someone else said they said.
Couldn't agree more, people moan about all the lower league tweets but when it comes to United getting linked with numerous players, they don't see anything wrong with it. We were linked with 113 players from November to deadline day, that's an astonishing number considering we signed Fernandes, Ighalo and a youth team goalkeeper, some journalists are getting to easy of a ride I feel.

DBT85

How many windows can we be linked to the dude.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Can’t wait until he retires so I don’t have to see his name again.

TrebleFan99

Tell you what would be funny actually - if we sold Pogba in the summer and his fee paid for Bruno and another fecking CB and Ole went into next season with no RW again and Pereira/Mata playing up top again with Bruno in a double-pivot in front of the defence. And I'll tell you what isn't funny - that is not actually that far-fetched of a scenario.
I would love to have Koulibaly but not at the expense of a RW. If Pogba is sold then we should be able to buy Koulibaly, RW, and another midfielder.

Sadly I think we will struggle to close 3 deals this summer, Euros notwithstanding.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Pursey and Moxley are the ones to listen to regarding Bellingham.

I do agree there should be a review of some sort regarding tweets which should clear up alot of the clutter and enhance the quality of info shared from said journos. Example below.

Daily Mail journos i'd allow - Ian Ladyman, Adrian Kajumba, Matt Lawton, Sami Mokbel etc. I'd ban Simon Jones and Chris Wheeler and a number of others from the outlet.

The Sun Journos i'd allow - Neil Custis, Alan Nixon.

Daily Mirror i'd allow - John Cross, Neil Moxley, Darren Lewis, David McDonnel, Simon Mullock etc

Something like the above would clear out alot of the crap and enhance the quality of info shared.

NYAS

If we’re having a review of journalists posted here then the first thing we have to do is ban the MEN gang of clowns like Luckhurst and James Robson.

dev1l

According to Ornstein we only bid 25 million for King. Bournemouth were expecting us to come again with another bid but we never did.

pascell

Pursey and Moxley are the ones to listen to regarding Bellingham.

I do agree there should be a review of some sort regarding tweets which should clear up alot of the clutter and enhance the quality of info shared from said journos. Example below.

Daily Mail journos i'd allow - Ian Ladyman, Adrian Kajumba, Matt Lawton, Sami Mokbel etc. I'd ban Simon Jones and Chris Wheeler and a number of others from the outlet.

The Sun Journos i'd allow - Neil Custis, Alan Nixon.

Daily Mirror i'd allow - John Cross, Neil Moxley, Darren Lewis, David McDonnel, Simon Mullock etc

Something like the above would clear out alot of the crap and enhance the quality of info shared.
I agree with all of this, think we need to get this in place ahead of the summer transfer window because it's going to be even worse I feel, especially with the Euros going on and a slim time frame to work within.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So Bournemouth would have let King go but tried to finesse us to get more cash and we didn't bite? Nice to see us doing the fecking for once haha. :D

Prefer Ighalo anyway. Ighalo FC :cool:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

According to Ornstein we only bid 25 million for King. Bournemouth were expecting us to come again with another bid but we never did.
Too right. 30m for a 28 year old with only a year and half left on his contract is too much.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Wait, so people are now blaming Ed for not following up on 25m bid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.